The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Robert Ayers now the starting OLB?

Re-watched the Broncos game, and noticed in the 2nd half Ayers never came out of the game. He was playing all three downs, he seems to be very stout at the point of attack, and gets a very good push on passing downs. He is also doing a nice job of dropping into zone coverage, and looks night and day more comfortable then he did in preseason. I don't think Mario was hurt, I think they thought Ayers gave them a better chance against both the run and the pass. He had one play where I watched he could have hustled more, it was on the Sammy Morris run late in the 4th Quarter where he broke Goodman’s tackle and went for 18 yards. Ayers was OLB on the opposite side and could have stopped it for a 8 yard gain or so, luckily JMFW stepped up and brought Morris down.

But overall I am very excited to see him making great strides, he looks to have "it" and playing this early and often at a tricky position.

What are your thoughts on him, I think he'll be the full blown starter before too long.

Last edited by SoDak Bronco; 10-12-2009 at 12:02 PM..
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

#56 was playing late in the game so that tells you the coaching staff has confidence in him. Looks like he's working his way in the starting rotation which is an encouraging sign.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM   #3
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

OLB's in the 3-4 take time to adjust as rookies. Look at the steelers - both Timmons and Woodley were drafted in the top 2 rounds I believe and neither of them did much their rookie year. Now they are constant playmakers. Let's hope Robert makes that leap as well.
Harvitz81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Robert Ayers has had the ability to be a big play maker from day 1 - and that's the stuff they don't teach. I am glad to see his potential start to emerge from the morass of a rookie season.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #5
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

For a guy that played with his hand in the ground throughout his college career, he is our most fluid OLB in space, dropping into coverage, and also being able to get a pass rush. His ceiling looks to be very high, and I'm glad we were able to snag both Knowshon and Ayers.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #6
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Frankly, I didn't see that. Is it the "setting the edge" stuff?
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

No, he was in the whole 2nd half, basically doing pass rush, dropping into coverage, and setting the edge, shedding blockers and helping stop runs/screens.