The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default pay Marshall................NOW !!!

Nothing left to be said. It's time. Pay the dude and do it NOW !!!
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

co-sign

Play of the game was the tipped ball he batted down from defenders.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:04 AM   #3
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
co-sign

Play of the game was the tipped ball he batted down from defenders.
Yeah, we saw him practice that too...
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:12 AM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I think Denver's seen enough. He seems 100% healthy, he's picking up the offense, making plays again and his attitude has done a complete 180. He's a major force and we need to get him a new contract right now.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think Denver's seen enough. He seems 100% healthy, he's picking up the offense, making plays again and his attitude has done a complete 180. He's a major force and we need to get him a new contract right now.
i think when we hit our bye week, we are going to hear that talks have been initiated with Marshall, Doom, Kuper and Orton.

deals might not get done right away, but we will be starting on getting these guys new deals.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No reason to pay him in the middle of the season. Contracts are complicated and they have more important things to do.

Marshall will get his deal in the offseason.

Now if they did get it done i would be happy, but I wouldn't expect it.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:01 AM   #7
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No reason to pay him in the middle of the season. Contracts are complicated and they have more important things to do.

Marshall will get his deal in the offseason.

Now if they did get it done i would be happy, but I wouldn't expect it.

YOU may think there are more important things to do because it's not YOUR paycheck. But I think BM would like to get it done sooner then later. He's done what the Broncos have asked and he's a pro bowl WR playing lights out and he needs to get paid right now. I think we are going to see many of these guys getting the contracts within the next few weeks.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #8
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
YOU may think there are more important things to do because it's not YOUR paycheck. But I think BM would like to get it done sooner then later. He's done what the Broncos have asked and he's a pro bowl WR playing lights out and he needs to get paid right now. I think we are going to see many of these guys getting the contracts within the next few weeks.
Its just five games. No need to shake up continuity like that right now. Focus on SD, then in the bye maybe call a few agents and feel out asking prices.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:14 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Well if the 2 sides can agree what type of parameters are needed then i would say do it. But if there are issues to iron out because of what might be in new CBA I would suggest they not do it.

Last thing we want is hopes to get up, then dashed etc. The issues of guaranteed money, voidable years, incentives, possible suspension for one off field transgression etc need to be ironed out.

It's not as easy as you think. I'm sure you would understand that if you were the one writing those checks that you so aptly pointed out aren't going to be mine.

This team has more important things on its mind. Marshalls contract is no more important then dooms, then ortons.

Funny you are worried about marshall when Orton is also a fa.

Me i dont worry about any of them. Broncos can protect 3 players in an uncapped yr. Playoff teams can't sign a player unless they lose one first. There wont be the movement people think.

It could be a year of the least amount of FA available we have seen since it started.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:24 AM   #10
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Hell no. For maybe the first time the kid is taking responsibility for this behaviour and is working hard to be not just a better receiver but a better man.

Let him go through that journey for a little while so that he can learn instead of dumping all the money on him now and risking him becoming a dick again.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
/thread

post of the day!
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #12
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
hell no. For maybe the first time the kid is taking responsibility for this behaviour and is working hard to be not just a better receiver but a better man.

Let him go through that journey for a little while so that he can learn instead of dumping all the money on him now and risking him becoming a dick again.
+1
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #13
Elway 4 Life
Pass rushers apply here!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Best thread on the Mane right now!! BM is a MOFO Beast and deserves every penny. He was all over the field and the batted ball IMO was an exclamtion point on what kind of player he is. PAY HIM NOW!
Elway 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #14
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
good one
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #15
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
I would bet that Bowlen would love to do just what you say but there is a question if he is capable to do it at this time. Remember lines of credit for almost everyone have dried up and there would surely be a big chunk of dough due up front.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 AM   #16
RunSilentRunDeep
Ring of Famer

I root for laundry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I think what also is helping is Marshall is finally getting game checks. The $143,750 check he receives every Monday is about 4x the amount he got last year. He's 25 and human. I'd pretty damn happy about getting that check even if I was still drastically underpaid.

It's easier to be mad in the offseason when you have no income and huge legal bills.
RunSilentRunDeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:29 AM   #17
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

The Price will continue to go up. Bmarsh is a special player, and I know we couldn't be 5-0 w/o him. I'm glad he's back to ballin and hopefully he continues to grow. I loved his interview w/Irvin, he is playing and acting like a professional. Keep it up Brandon!!$$
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yep! Sign him now while the price is RIGHT! Teams struggling at the WR spot and are just a WR away from getting to the next level have already seen the impact of what Bmarsh brings to the game. A team that comes to mind are the N.O. Saints, Peyton Manning's Colts, the NYG's, SD Chargers; there are plethora of teams that will be bidding for Brando-the-Beast-Marshalls services.

Point is, Brandons' stock only rises as the Broncos win more games and as Brandon plays vital roles, impact, and scores the winning TD's to win games like he has done the last two weeks. W/o Brandon the last two weeks Denver is 3-2....but b/c of Brandon we are 5-0!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #19
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
good one
We know we got a "Stealth-Special Forces" all world PUNTER when we need one!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #20
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
Hell no. For maybe the first time the kid is taking responsibility for this behaviour and is working hard to be not just a better receiver but a better man.

Thats a risky proposition and invites irreparable animosity to the point Brandon maynot want to sign with the BRONCOS---ever! Is that what you want...just to prove a point and continue the senseless mind games

Brandon and McD have compromised and at the end of the day even McD knows he needs Brandon more than Brandon needs McD. McD doesn't nor can score any game winning TD's but Brandon can!!!

Think about it.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:13 AM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Thats a risky proposition and invites irreparable animosity to the point Brandon maynot want to sign with the BRONCOS---ever! Is that what you want...just to prove a point and continue the senseless mind games

Brandon and McD have compromised and at the end of the day even McD knows he needs Brandon more than Brandon needs McD. McD doesn't nor can score any game winning TD's but Brandon can!!!

Think about it.
Fontaine makes an interesting point. It's not mind games he's talking about it's the consideration do you dump the burden of all that money and it is a burden on a guy that has a freshly turned over new leaf. It well may be wise to let the new realizations take root for a while.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 AM   #22
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post

Think about it.
If Brandon doesn't want to sign with the Broncos if they make him wait till the end of the season (like 90% of pending free agents) considering the summer he's had then he's welcome to piss off.

He's played two good games compared to the crap he's given this franchise all offseason, and that proves what exactly? If he can continue to focus on football, and go through just one season without getting arrested, tripping into TVs, etc etc, then he can get paid.

The last thing I want is for his limited emotional IQ to be distracted by ongoing contract negotiations.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:50 AM   #23
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Eh, Marshall is back in the fold bigtime, so I hope they're talking a little bit about what it will take to get him signed for 4-5 years.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #24
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

You guys don't ****ing get it. He's a RFA. Somebody will have to pay him and give us at least 1 first rounder if not 2 to get him. He'll be a Bronco next year.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:59 AM   #25
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Nope...he's a playmaker...but at least wait until the end of the year to see if the "TEAM PLAYER" is still just that.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote