The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:48 PM   #1
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default The Pressure Is On; are the Chargers facing a must win next week?

Theyre 2-2. We're 5-5. If they dont win, theyll essentially be we 3.5 games behind having lost their home game against us with us already at 6 wins and 3 games against KC and Oakland. Plus Washington hasnt looked so hot either.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoDoug's Avatar
 
R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

we are 5-5? when did that happen?
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
we are 5-5? when did that happen?

Sorry, 5-0. 2.5 games ahead.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,510

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

3 games up with 3 to play. So that doesnt mean squat to me right now.

But to beat them on their home field would be huge. I wouldnt say its a "must win or your team is buried" type of game for them, but more of a " this game means a helluva lot cuz we probably wont beat them at their house and it would really suck to lose to the division leaders on our home field" kind of game.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:00 PM   #5
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,625
Default

After seeing how last season played out between Denver and SD, I don't think a game in week 6 is a "must win" for SD. Our collapse last year was pathetic.

I'm not saying I think that'll happen again, just that it's too early to call the game a "must win".
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #6
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,000

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

From what I've seen so far, McD should have no problem figuring out how to beat that big dummy they have for a head coach out there.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,693

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Winning against SD at their house would be HUGE. Talk about slamming the door on them early.

Our schedule is much tougher than theirs down the stretch. We'll have to find a way to win this game. Definitely not a must win game but every game is SO crucial in the NFL.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #8
JJJ
Ring of Famer
 
JJJ's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Confederation Helvetica
Posts: 2,956

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
3 games up with 3 to play. So that doesnt mean squat to me right now.

But to beat them on their home field would be huge. I wouldnt say its a "must win or your team is buried" type of game for them, but more of a " this game means a helluva lot cuz we probably wont beat them at their house and it would really suck to lose to the division leaders on our home field" kind of game.
Pretty much this. Broncos are playing with passion and confidence, things the Bolts are very much lacking right now outside of Rivers, Gates, and Jackson.

The core guys of your D are pretty much the same as last year, the new guys outside of Dawkins are not topline free agents, but Nolan has them playing as a team and with aggressiveness. Very impressive. You even overcame those hideous uniforms.

Denver owns Brady. He seems to have a thing about it too as he just can't get off the schnide on this one.
JJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:06 PM   #9
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Winning against SD at their house would be HUGE. Talk about slamming the door on them early.

Our schedule is much tougher than theirs down the stretch. We'll have to find a way to win this game. Definitely not a must win game but every game is SO crucial in the NFL.
Yep.

A win now is worth the same as a win in mid-December.

I think this will be a tough game to go in and win. San Diego has to know that their season is in serious jeopardy if they lose this week, and that's a tough situation if you're the opposing team. They're playing for their lives.

That said, if we get up early and can pound on them.. that team may be ready to give up. Well, everyone but Rivers, of course. That dude won't go down without a fight.... like him or not.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,454

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
Pretty much this. Broncos are playing with passion and confidence, things the Bolts are very much lacking right now outside of Rivers, Gates, and Jackson.

The core guys of your D are pretty much the same as last year,
Well we don't have the awesome Jyles Tucker, who is taking the NFL by storm, but we do have nine new starters. I would say since you start 11, and 9 are different, the "core of our D" is pretty much not the same at all. Not even a little bit.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:14 PM   #11
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,804

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Man if only Oakland had beaten them...

Just imagine San Diego at 1-4 and us at 6-0.

Still 2-3 and 6-0 would be pretty crazy... even more so if they fall to 2-4 during our bye.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:20 PM   #12
anon
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 290
Default

Fortunately for us, the AFC West has become a three team conference: Oakland can't beat a drum. Every court needs a jester, every circus a clown, and so on and so on...
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran
 
Dixieland Denver Fan

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 286

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Man if only Oakland had beaten them...

Just imagine San Diego at 1-4 and us at 6-0.

Still 2-3 and 6-0 would be pretty crazy... even more so if they fall to 2-4 during our bye.
Other than the Broncos, only one team in the AFC West has won a game that they didn't HAVE to win, it happened when the Chuggers beat the Dolphins. Otherwise, every win by SD, Oakland, and KC came against one of the others.

That is awesome for us.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #14
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis
 
Broncobiv's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 2,625
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon View Post
Fortunately for us, the AFC West has become a three team conference: Oakland can't beat a drum. Every court needs a jester, every circus a clown, and so on and so on...
What about KC? Oakland beat them this year! KC is 2-19 going back to last year. 6-31 going back to 2 years ago. That's worse than Oakland! They're 6-15 with 2008 and 10-27 back to 2007.

It's a 2-team division.
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 PM   #15
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer
 
lazarus4444's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,238

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels
Default

Yes, with how well our Broncos are playing this is a must win for the Chargers. If we beat them we're in total control barring a complete collapse which i don't see happening...
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:46 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Sorry, 5-0. 2.5 games ahead.
If you just cursed us we are going to sell your organs on the black market.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If you just cursed us we are going to sell your organs on the black market.
OK, well in that case, if you ever come to Chicago to look for me, Im 6'9, I have black hair and green eyes.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #18
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncobiv View Post
What about KC? Oakland beat them this year! KC is 2-19 going back to last year. 6-31 going back to 2 years ago. That's worse than Oakland! They're 6-15 with 2008 and 10-27 back to 2007.

It's a 2-team division.
It's worse than Detroit, only StL has been worse over the past 2 full seasons and this 5 weeks of this season.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #19
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]
 
listopencil's Avatar
 
BOOM! Winner.

Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: The People's Republic Of California
Posts: 8,537

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well we don't have the awesome Jyles Tucker, who is taking the NFL by storm, but we do have nine new starters. I would say since you start 11, and 9 are different, the "core of our D" is pretty much not the same at all. Not even a little bit.
Yeah, this. We have Doom playing a new position, DJ Williams playing a different position and Champ Baily. That's it. Three guys returning and one guy in the same spot.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

I'm not saying it yet because Chargers may have fixed some things. Don't discount getting 2 weeks to heal up, rest up, and game plan. There is a reason teams usually play better after the bye week.

Broncos coming off 2 really physical games and now have to take a big road trip to play a division rival. Not only that the team that has won the division what? 3 yrs in a row?

We are underdogs again in this game. It's a role that suits us well.

The poster jjj that says this defenses core basically the same is pretty much kidding himself though.

Every starter on the Dline is new and bigger, much bigger then last yr.

The linebackers had only one returning starter. 3 out of 4 of the starting dbacks are new. The starting nickel back is new.

So unless you see DJ and Champ as the same core as last yr, you are crazy jj.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
OK, well in that case, if you ever come to Chicago to look for me, Im 6'9, I have black hair and green eyes.
good your kidneys will be worth a lot. Your heart, well we know you have little so not much for that.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 AM   #22
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,359
Default

Must win game IMO. Playing a division rival who is in first place, prime time MNF, coming off the bye with two weeks to heal up and fix what the team is struggling with. Things are going to get very ugly for Norv if the team comes out flat for this one.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Must win game IMO. Playing a division rival who is in first place, prime time MNF, coming off the bye with two weeks to heal up and fix what the team is struggling with. Things are going to get very ugly for Norv if the team comes out flat for this one.
If you can't win this one then there isn't much reason to think they can snap out of it.

Broncos in first place, undefeated, backs against the wall, 2 weeks to heal, 15 days to game plan, GM called you soft, the division is supposed to be your for the taking. If the Chargers can't get fired up for that then they can't get fired up.

I'm fully expecting a very tough game. Chargers are going to be playing like the season is on the line.

The big deciding matchup IMO will be how the Charger front seven does vs the Broncos oline, and Knowshon Moreno. With Marshall and Royal heating up they might not get get away with 8 in the box all game.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #24
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
If you can't win this one then there isn't much reason to think they can snap out of it.

Broncos in first place, undefeated, backs against the wall, 2 weeks to heal, 15 days to game plan, GM called you soft, the division is supposed to be your for the taking. If the Chargers can't get fired up for that then they can't get fired up.

I'm fully expecting a very tough game. Chargers are going to be playing like the season is on the line.

The big deciding matchup IMO will be how the Charger front seven does vs the Broncos oline, and Knowshon Moreno. With Marshall and Royal heating up they might not get get away with 8 in the box all game.
Agreed 100%

In fact, I'm going to go as far as saying, if the Chargers don't win this convincingly, it's not going to help in the long run. Even with the injuries, squeaking out a win at home isn't going to impress me. They need to show that they can put together four quarters of solid football in all three phases of the game before they think of going any further.

They've really only played one bad game and that was against Pittsburgh. The other games, they've played so-so with the exception of the Ravens game, which I think was their best game of the year (despite the loss) but it was still a less than stellar performance overall.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Denver Broncos