The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #1
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
v2micca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 946
Default Patriot Fan Whines about Mile High Stadium

I loved this post over on the ESPN message forums.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...=5609709&lid=9


Priceless.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,442
Default

Make them dig up the stadium and put it at sea level...oh for ****'s sake...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #3
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder
 
RMT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 3,259
Default

i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless

Last edited by RMT; 10-11-2009 at 07:29 PM..
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:30 PM   #4
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I loved this post over on the ESPN message forums.

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/...=5609709&lid=9


Priceless.
That guy needs to douche or something...my goodness!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
Tankgunner95
Hell yea I want some PIE!
 
Oh its true

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bowling Green, KY
Posts: 461

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Cartman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless
Sounds like me at the Indy game two years ago!!!
Tankgunner95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #6
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless
Can't you get them kicked out for obsessive vulgarity?

IMO you can scream, stand up, even get away with 1 or 2 fbombs. I mean I overlook that because it is a passionate game. But if it becomes 5-10 really loud ones I think the way to teach kids is to throw them out.

That way they see there is a repercussion to being vulgar.

One really I prefer to watch at home, instead of around rival fans, is because I am such a sore loser, and a gloating winner. Its a personality flaw I like to keep to myself.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,354
Default

He actually seems to think the altitude has an appreciable effect on passes, and somehow explains Brady's bad throws (of which I didn't see very many).

Never heard that one before.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #8
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
v2micca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 946
Default

Yeah, I've never heard that excuse either. But it does make sense that the thinner air could affect the trajectory of passes, especially the deep passes. I remember noticing that Romo seemed really off on the deep ones last week as well. Of course, it hasn't seemed to affect Rivers the past couple of years, so take it as you will.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #9
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,562

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
i took my 12 year old today - and some loser patsy fan sitting directly behind us used the F-bomb about every 5 minutes ...

classless
That F-bombing sucks........ Just kidding.............
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality
 
Blueflame's Avatar
 
Welcome to Peyton's Place

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in my cups... lol
Posts: 33,590

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar
Default

I'm sure the icy temperatures in January probably give the Packers an advantage over their competition, particularly teams from warmer areas like Miami and San Diego. They should make them dig up Lambeau and move it.

Too funny.

It's called home field advantage for a reason. Twit.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

What a joke. The snow in the tuck rule game. Also, the playoff game where they beat Indy 22-3 in the snow. I kind of doubt any pats fan was lobbying to have new england build an indoor stadium to better accommodate the Colts when they played at new england. What a clown.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #12
Dudeskey
Ring of Famer
 
Dudeskey's Avatar
 
This space for rent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 4,310
Default

Choo Chooo... The excuse train has arrived...™
Dudeskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #13
Natedog24
Ring of Famer
 
Natedog24's Avatar
 
Win The Day

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,189

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Yuck ESPN boards....
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:08 PM   #14
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata
 
Clockwork Orange's Avatar
 
I seen him!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 21,352
Default

What I thought was funny was Pats fans whining about the OT format over on Patriots Planet and SOSH.

This was the first OT game Brady has ever lost, yet all of a sudden the OT format is a problem. Riiiiiiight.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:57 PM   #15
Los Broncos
Broncos Country
 
Los Broncos's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Eastern Utah
Posts: 18,725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady
Default

What a clown how about you go **** yourself.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Can't you get them kicked out for obsessive vulgarity?

IMO you can scream, stand up, even get away with 1 or 2 fbombs. I mean I overlook that because it is a passionate game. But if it becomes 5-10 really loud ones I think the way to teach kids is to throw them out.

That way they see there is a repercussion to being vulgar.

One really I prefer to watch at home, instead of around rival fans, is because I am such a sore loser, and a gloating winner. Its a personality flaw I like to keep to myself.
i understand what many are saying about the vulgarity and getting people kicked out of the stadium, but doing that just adds to the making the stadium more wine and cheese and less fun.

i have on multiple occasions had ushers or whatever they are called in the stadium come to myself and friends for being too loud and distracting to the other fans, no vulgarity we were just being too loud. it is Mile High Stadium, a place where the fans used to make the stadium pound like thunder and roar from the opening kickoff until the clock read 0:00, and i paid almost 100 bucks for my seat; if i want to holler and have a great time cheering on my team i should be able to. people complaining about fans having a good time is bull****, and i am even against it in the case of a fan of the team we are facing being told to quiet down or get out.

everyone is there to have a good time, and some of these white collar fans that are taking over the stadium are destroying the fun of Denver Broncos football at the stadium.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:32 PM   #17
BABronco
RP2012
 
BABronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,173

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Clady
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i understand what many are saying about the vulgarity and getting people kicked out of the stadium, but doing that just adds to the making the stadium more wine and cheese and less fun.

i have on multiple occasions had ushers or whatever they are called in the stadium come to myself and friends for being too loud and distracting to the other fans, no vulgarity we were just being too loud. it is Mile High Stadium, a place where the fans used to make the stadium pound like thunder and roar from the opening kickoff until the clock read 0:00, and i paid almost 100 bucks for my seat; if i want to holler and have a great time cheering on my team i should be able to. people complaining about fans having a good time is bull****, and i am even against it in the case of a fan of the team we are facing being told to quiet down or get out.

everyone is there to have a good time, and some of these white collar fans that are taking over the stadium are destroying the fun of Denver Broncos football at the stadium.
BABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #18
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoDoug's Avatar
 
R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i understand what many are saying about the vulgarity and getting people kicked out of the stadium, but doing that just adds to the making the stadium more wine and cheese and less fun.

i have on multiple occasions had ushers or whatever they are called in the stadium come to myself and friends for being too loud and distracting to the other fans, no vulgarity we were just being too loud. it is Mile High Stadium, a place where the fans used to make the stadium pound like thunder and roar from the opening kickoff until the clock read 0:00, and i paid almost 100 bucks for my seat; if i want to holler and have a great time cheering on my team i should be able to. people complaining about fans having a good time is bull****, and i am even against it in the case of a fan of the team we are facing being told to quiet down or get out.

everyone is there to have a good time, and some of these white collar fans that are taking over the stadium are destroying the fun of Denver Broncos football at the stadium.

this.

every game I go to a game, there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...

Last edited by BroncoDoug; 10-11-2009 at 11:54 PM..
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:39 PM   #19
Crushisback
Camp fodder
 
Crushisback's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 491
Default

i guess not tarping the field during an Ice storm prior to playing the Colts for AFC championship is fair?
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:42 PM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
this.

every game I go to there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...
They cant kick you out for standing up. They can't kick you out for cheering and yelling.

If they do that would be the weakest crap ever.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #21
Miss I.
Ring of Famer
 
Miss I.'s Avatar
 
The b**** is Back

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DomCasual's heart
Posts: 7,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

my favorite response to the guy whining was this:

"Oh my goodness...Yes Briz let them do that and then maybe they can force players to have a tea party at the 50 yard line every 3rd down.

No your complaining over nothing"

Is NE playing Tampa over in England this month? I wonder if they will complain that Old England throws off New England's ability to play? Like the big bright shiny stadium distracts the players? Or they get confused by Wembley and went to O2 instead.

Actually they probably will complain about it being on a soccer field which is a bit different than an American Football Field. That seems likely. Still I want to go to the game. even if the tickets are like almost $200 for cheap seats.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,772

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Uh, maybe that fan suggest we do something like this to our field. What a dolt.

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBronco_Doug View Post
this.

every game I go to a game, there is a older couple that sits behind me, and she is always tapping me on my back saying she can't see through me... I told her to get better seats then...
i keep trying to get tickets in the south stands. it's the only place in the stadium where the fans can have a good time with other like minded fans.

three times my friends and i have had to deal with an usher giving us a hard time because a few people watching the game in the vicinity of where we are complained we were to loud and rowdy.

i have gotten into arguments with supposed fans like that, and am always wondering why would you bother to go to the stadium if you are just going to sit and be quiet at a game, if you are going to do that save your money and watch at home.

it isn't like going to the movies, Mile High stadium is not a library or church, it used to be known as the loudest stadium in the league, the hardest place for an opponent to have to play, and if my friends and i are at the game we are going to do all we can to live up to that standard of what Mile High Stadium used to be.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #24
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoDoug's Avatar
 
R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Moline, IL
Posts: 2,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i keep trying to get tickets in the south stands. it's the only place in the stadium where the fans can have a good time with other like minded fans.

three times my friends and i have had to deal with an usher giving us a hard time because a few people watching the game in the vicinity of where we are complained we were to loud and rowdy.

i have gotten into arguments with supposed fans like that, and am always wondering why would you bother to go to the stadium if you are just going to sit and be quiet at a game, if you are going to do that save your money and watch at home.

it isn't like going to the movies, Mile High stadium is not a library or church, it used to be known as the loudest stadium in the league, the hardest place for an opponent to have to play, and if my friends and i are at the game we are going to do all we can to live up to that standard of what Mile High Stadium used to be.
yeah, my other set of tickets is 10th row in the South Stands. I miss those seats, always a fun time, I would get yelled at for NOT standing up sometimes!
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:57 AM   #25
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
They cant kick you out for standing up. They can't kick you out for cheering and yelling.

If they do that would be the weakest crap ever.
they haven't kicked me and my friends out, but on a few occasions we have been told we need to quiet down so the rest of the so called fans in the section could enjoy the game or that we may be asked to leave if we don't quiet down
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:18 AM.


Denver Broncos