The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2009, 07:21 PM   #1
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Default BMarsh is invited back with open arms

I was a big B Marsh fan when he had his surprising first training camp.... Loved his size, speed, hands, and play making ability...

That said, I quickly grew tired of his off the field antics and grew to dislike him with the "trade me" crap.... I was all for trading Brandon this offseason. In fact, I was screaming "Trade him"!!!

I have been cautiously optimistic with his work ethic recently. i didnt want to get too excited because I thought there was gonna be another incident down the road.

What was the turning point? Last week when Aikman said that B Marsh is the hardest working WR he has seen since M Irvin. Add to that, the hug on the sideline he had with Mack D... The clinching clincher was when B Marsh busted in to Josh's postgame press conference last week against Dallas and hugged Mack D in front of the press.

All that said, In my eyes, he bacame a DENVER BRONCO today with one play. You all know the play... it wont be a play you see on the highlight reel shows (you know the channels)... it wasn't a touchdown catch, nor a TD springing block for a RB TD...It was the "bat it down play"... Orton drops back to pass, ball gets tipped about 50 feet in the air. When it seemed like everyone KNEW a Patriot player would pick it off, Brandon sprinted about 20 yards from where his route had him, and jumped higher then any Patriot player and "Batted" the ball down. That is a play that a guy who cares about the team makes. he gets it. he cares. He wants to win. More importantly, he wants the Broncos to win.
I'm a fan of any player who wants the Broncos to win as bad as I want the Broncos to win.

Thank You B Marsh!!!!
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

No, he's half assing it, just ask the "Holier Than Thou" group on their pedestal.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #3
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Dixieland Denver Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
All that said, In my eyes, he bacame a DENVER BRONCO today with one play. You all know the play... it wont be a play you see on the highlight reel shows (you know the channels)... it wasn't a touchdown catch, nor a TD springing block for a RB TD...It was the "bat it down play"... Orton drops back to pass, ball gets tipped about 50 feet in the air. When it seemed like everyone KNEW a Patriot player would pick it off, Brandon sprinted about 20 yards from where his route had him, and jumped higher then any Patriot player and "Batted" the ball down. That is a play that a guy who cares about the team makes. he gets it. he cares. He wants to win. More importantly, he wants the Broncos to win.
I'm a fan of any player who wants the Broncos to win as bad as I want the Broncos to win.

Thank You B Marsh!!!!
My dad called me right after the game and said the exact same thing. The Brandon Marshall tip play was HUGE.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

I may be in with that crowd.... I've supported Josh and spewed hell at Cutler... I've publicly voiced my displeasure with Marshall time and time again here. However, I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due. Marshall is a team player now, and i love that about him...... NOW!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
I was a big B Marsh fan when he had his surprising first training camp.... Loved his size, speed, hands, and play making ability...

That said, I quickly grew tired of his off the field antics and grew to dislike him with the "trade me" crap.... I was all for trading Brandon this offseason. In fact, I was screaming "Trade him"!!!

I have been cautiously optimistic with his work ethic recently. i didnt want to get too excited because I thought there was gonna be another incident down the road.

What was the turning point? Last week when Aikman said that B Marsh is the hardest working WR he has seen since M Irvin. Add to that, the hug on the sideline he had with Mack D... The clinching clincher was when B Marsh busted in to Josh's postgame press conference last week against Dallas and hugged Mack D in front of the press.

Thank You B Marsh!!!!
Agreed! I just wanted Marshall to play football...and now's he's doing that.
I also was impressed with the Irvin interview.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Popps
It's so easy

Brandon is now behaving and playing as he should.

Chances are, the team is now going to get more serious about his contract situation.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post

Chances are, the team is now going to get more serious about his contract situation.
Amazing how that works huh..
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #8
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:

Rightfully so.... And, if he has "situations" off the field, or attempts to tear the team apart thinking of Brandon only, the team should let him walk... and rightfully so.. I'm just so pleasently surprised the way he has grown the last few months... its definately a credit to Orton, Josh and the new regime.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:01 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Brandon will be a rich kid very soon. Hopefully he keeps working at being a man.

I really think Broncos give him a huge deal.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, I don't know that I remember a superhuman effort on his part... I recall him being in the midst of some sort of a come back route and just running through to the ball and slapping it down when he got there.

Good play but I don't think it was a career maker by any means. Maybe I recall it wrong...
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #11
Merlin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I wonder if that is what Josh told him after the TD
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:09 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah412 View Post
Well, I don't know that I remember a superhuman effort on his part... I recall him being in the midst of some sort of a come back route and just running through to the ball and slapping it down when he got there.

Good play but I don't think it was a career maker by any means. Maybe I recall it wrong...
it was a good solid heads up football play. But I along with everyone watching the game thought that was an interception. The ball was so high in the air.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer

The HOF is BLIND!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cah412 View Post

I think it was an 8-10 yard drag route... If you watch the replay, he was standing in the middle of the field about 10 yards away when the ball was tipped about 3-5 yards behing the LOS... When the camera panned up at the ball, BMarsh was going full speed when he leaped for the ball... not a knock on Orton cause I think he lost the ball but, he didnt make an effort.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:54 PM   #14
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

my nickname for brandon is (beast)
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #15
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

If he keeps it up, definitely sign him long term. He can help this team for a long, long time.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #16
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
No, he's half assing it, just ask the "Holier Than Thou" group on their pedestal.
Not any more and even Brandon admits he handled his business wrong.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:41 AM   #17
zdoor
Jamaica Bound!

Quote:

Agree and hope that is the case. The guy deserves to get paid now. He is coming through like he should. He has bought in and should be rewarded...
zdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Rightfully so.... And, if he has "situations" off the field, or attempts to tear the team apart thinking of Brandon only, the team should let him walk... and rightfully so.. I'm just so pleasently surprised the way he has grown the last few months... its definately a credit to Orton, Josh and the new regime.
So am I. To be honest, I was highly skeptical because we've heard him say all the right things before in interviews, so I never really put much stock in his words. He seems to have bought into what McD is selling and did so in a hurry (the last few months I question...it appears to me to have taken place within the last three weeks).

What would be funny is if this whole offseason holdout, "pay me now" episode was nothing but a ruse to throw everyone off...I know McD came from New England and all, but it's hard to picture him being that diabolical

Last edited by Hogan11; 10-12-2009 at 10:21 AM..
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:19 AM   #19
orangeatheist
Champion of the Godless

Was I just seeing things, or was that Rod Smith in the locker room giving hugs and props to Marsh after the game?
orangeatheist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:57 PM   #20
steeledude
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I may be in with that crowd.... I've supported Josh and spewed hell at Cutler... I've publicly voiced my displeasure with Marshall time and time again here. However, I'm a firm believer in giving credit where credit is due. Marshall is a team player now, and i love that about him...... NOW!
How is this any different than people changing their mind about McD? I mean I've seen a lot of "eating crow" (another term that needs to go away), and the response to them is as severe as GO ****IN DIE WE HATE YOIU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then you come clean about your mistake and that's it? Where are all the "you better make your decision right the first time" people? Oh wait, they're the ones who hated Marshall a few weeks ago and wanted him gone.
steeledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:57 PM   #21
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoor View Post
Agree and hope that is the case. The guy deserves to get paid now. He is coming through like he should. He has bought in and should be rewarded...
This situation has been pretty simple. Brandon is a risk. He's behaved poorly and practiced poorly.

Since then, he's stayed clean and begun to show his potential again. So, at this stage, he's done what he should do... and he begins to put the ball back in the Broncos court again.

Should we extend him because of a couple of good games and no legal troubles for a year? Probably not, but it's at least reasonable to begin the process of considerations/negotiations if he stays on this course.

He's been a real dumb-****. Is he done? Let's hope, because we're clearly a better team when he's playing with his head on straight.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:20 PM   #22
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Good to see Marshall act like a professional and dominate his position as he has proven in the past. He will get his money and contract. I don't believe its time to seal the deal yet.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote