The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default This game is all about offense

This Sunday, the thing that Josh McDaniels was famous for - offensive production - must happen. It's been a bit perplexing to see how this team has operated this year. The defense has been steamrolling it's opponents while the offense has failed to find any sort of rhythm and consistency, outside of Buckhalter's running. This offense is badly under-performing.

Well, Cutler is in Chicago, Brandon Marshall is still growing up, and Buckhalter is out for the game. How do we win this game? I think the Broncos are realistically going to need to score 28 points to win this game. That's one touchdown per quarter, which would be a cinch in the Shanny days. For all of the humor impaired a-holes below, this is sarcasm.

But we have no down-field game - For every one pass we make down the field, we have lost several more wide open opportunities that Orton hasn't taken. Is it because he can't make the plays, or is not allowed to? For our sake, we better hope it's the second, because we need to open up the taps this game.

We also need to get Peyton Hillis involved as anything more then a old school fullback. He is a receiving threat out of the backfield, great indirection to mask what the RB is going to do, and a slugger in his own right. It's time to use ZBS full time this game to protect orton, and allow Moreno to rush the edges. The patriots generate the pressure going up the middle. Running away from that north-south would be wise.

Above all else, we need to get Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall and Tony Sheffler involved. Tony needs to be out there every third down as a safety valve, and a go-route threat on a LB. Eddie needs to be running the 12 yard outs, and Marshall needs to be wherever he can get open, and make all of the patriot defenders look like fool.

C'mon Josh. Show everyone what they can do. Win this game, and watch us be a top 3 ranked team in the NFL.

Last edited by lostknight; 10-10-2009 at 06:33 PM.. Reason: Obviously, sarcasm is lost on the idiots below.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post

Well, Cutler is in Chicago, Brandon Marshall is still growing up, and Buckhalter is out for the game. How do we win this game? I think the Broncos are realistically going to need to score 28 points to win this game. That's one touchdown per quarter, which would be a cinch in the Shanny days.
The ****?

Shanahan's teams didn't average more than about 25 ppg since 2000. Typically more like 19-22 ppg. Cinch huh? We where 16th in the league in scoring last year, just a hair over 21 points a game.

Shanahan only managed to average over 28 ppg three times in his career. Two of those times we had John Elway, a prime Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, etc. and won the Super Bowl at the end of the season.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:08 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

NE isn't exactly hitting on all cylinders on offense either, and to suggest we will allow more points to them in one game then we have all year long vs 4 other teams combined is insane. We won't need to score 28 to win. I think if we score 21, that's going to be enough. I'm thinking NE will probably score about 17 to 20 points.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #4
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Yet another offseason hater making up excuses to hate our start and to complain if we win against NE in ugly fashion.

We don't NEED to get any specific person involved in the offense as long as we outscore our opponents. And we sure as hell don't NEED to get every offensive player on the team involved to your liking as long as our defense is playing like it is.

In fact the person that most NEEDS to be involved in the offense is pretty clearly Moreno, but Shanahan didn't draft him, so I can see why you would have left him off your list of people that NEED to get involved.

Last edited by misturanderson; 10-10-2009 at 03:29 PM..
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another idiot thread expecting 16-0, wins by 20+ points. Newsflash: this team has not been good the last 3 years and the new coach had to bring in over 30 new players considering the crappy roster that was there. Rebuilding a team usually takes more than one summer. The fact this team has started out 4-0 and doing so with a dominating type of defense, I find truly amazing. I don't give a **** if they win all games 17-14. A win is a win.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
That's one touchdown per quarter, which would be a cinch in the Shanny days.
Sure was a cinch while getting beat by the Pats 41-7 last season, not to mention 31-10 to the Raiders at home. Living up to your name: lost.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:53 PM   #7
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Poor OP but I actually agree with the general premise of the post.

I'm pretty sure the Pats will score somewhere between 15-25 points. If our D can keep them to less that'll be great, but I'd expect them to do more against us than anyone else we've faced.

The onus will be on the offense to step up and make something happen that is a bit better than what we've seen so far. Can we put up 2 or 3 TD's when we need them?

It's the most intriguing thing about us right now. McDaniels has looked good in so many regards since the season begun. The Defense looks quality, ST's have improved, the players look prepared, disciplined and able.

But, the thing that got McD to the dance, his ability to run one hell of an offense, has been the major absentee thus far.

As good as the guy has been so far, I have a hard time believing he won't get this offense playing, even with Kyle Orton at QB.

If/When he does that, I'll be very interested to see this team play.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #8
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

You really thought that all out? And sat an posted that garbage? Scoring was easy with Shanny? Remember the last NE game? Also more Hillis worship... He really hasn't shown much in the few opportunities given.

What a silly post. Can I have those minutes back?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #9
dextermilo
Word

Rational cynic.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

If the offense has a good first half we win. They have been solid so far in the 2nd.

Get ahead early, make NE one dimensional and manage the game when we have the ball. We have a good chance.

If we have more dropped passes on 3rd and short, more stupid penalties, and more fumbles we will have a very hard time.
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #10
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

This thread has more FAIL and facepalm written all over it than anything I've seen on The Mane in a long time.....And that is really saying something these days. Especially with bf7 still posting.

I want to shred it point by point but I would only be pointing out the obvious so I will go ahead and save myself the typing.

Wow, just wow.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Ouch!
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:31 PM   #12
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

i hope coach mcdaniels reads this thread, so he knows what to do on sunday! whew, we would have been screwed without this insight!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #13
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
This thread has more FAIL and facepalm written all over it than anything I've seen on The Mane in a long time.....And that is really saying something these days. Especially with bf7 still posting.

I want to shred it point by point but I would only be pointing out the obvious so I will go ahead and save myself the typing.

Wow, just wow.
Begin Billy Madison quote...

Yes, we are all dumber now.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #14
lostknight
In The Arena

ohwaitwtf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

I edited the post above. Clearly sarcasm is lost on the McDaniel's stormtroopers.

My point is simple. This game will need more offense then we have been providing. Anyone who thinks we can hold the patriots to the average of our defense (less then 7 points) is wildly optimistic.
lostknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #15
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't believe you were being sarcastic.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #16
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

I personally like that the offense doesn't try to do to much and risk setting up the opposing teams with really good starting position. We have become more opportunistic in instances where we catch a break and very methodical (not to be confused with conservative) in our approach to moving the ball. I much prefer the symbiosis of the offense and defense this year as opposed to the years past where the defense was coming out time and time again and trying to hold them to just a field goal.
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 PM   #17
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
I edited the post above. Clearly sarcasm is lost on the McDaniel's stormtroopers.

My point is simple. This game will need more offense then we have been providing. Anyone who thinks we can hold the patriots to the average of our defense (less then 7 points) is wildly optimistic.
IF you were being sarcastic....

IF you weren't being sarcastic...

Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

You definitely weren't being sarcastic and McDaniels's offense has done what its need to to win. We've mostly been UP or very damn close, so he's trotted out the ball control, time eating offense...and, poof, it worked! Also, they did open up the offense downfield last game, in case you didn't watch, Orton just missed Gaffney twice.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #19
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Heck of a defense tactic though.

"I wasn't saying something completely stupid at all, you guys are the idiots for not seeing my sarcastic genius."
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #20
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
It's time to use ZBS full time this game to protect orton, and allow Moreno to rush the edges.
Can you explain the ZBS, and how it works for me, that would be helpful.

edit: (trying to illustrate sarcasm for him, maybe this is a teachable moment.)
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #21
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't believe you were being sarcastic.
Neither do I.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:00 PM   #22
Paladin
Ring of Famer

[QUOTE=McSchism;2591391].......even with Kyle Orton at QB.QUOTE]

Hater alert! Hater Alert!!!!!
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #23
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Our defense isn't going to be able to hold every team to 10 points or less. Our defense is playing great but there are going to be games where our offense is going to have to do better scoring, this week may be one of them.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:51 PM   #24
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 09:00 PM   #25
Popps
It's so easy

This has to be the stupidest ****ing thread I've ever seen.

Horrifically uninformed, incorrect and totally useless.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote