The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you prefer a more competitive AFC West?
Yes, I would like to see good competitive football as often as possible. 19 35.85%
No, I love seeing Oakland and KC suck besides easy wins means surer playoffs then the fun starts 34 64.15%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #1
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default Would you prefer a competitive AFC West?

poll
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2009, 11:09 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Teams with easy roads into playoffs have better shot at Superbowl so I would vote no. But at same time I miss being able to say toughest division to win in football. By the time you get there you know team pretty good.

I hate KC and Oak so I vote no. And I hope chargers join them. Broncos 3-4 straight AFC west Champs would be nice.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
Natedog24
Ring of Famer

Win The Day

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Voted no and it had nothing to do with the schedule being easier. I just hate KC and Oakland and love watching them suck
Natedog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog24 View Post
Voted no and it had nothing to do with the schedule being easier. I just hate KC and Oakland and love watching them suck
Same here. Oakland especially.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

we have stunk so let the usual suspects stink and then SD fall back to where they belong. We can practice on the afc west but SD isnt going to suck just yet. When they do, tickets will be going for half price on stub hub.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #6
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Whether its tough or easy, Id prefer the winner have a better record than what we saw last year.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

I'll vote competitive, but to me... it's best when we can derail their season. Beating Oakland now is tasty, but when those schmucks think they've got something going and we throw the ****in' skids on it, you it doesn't get any better.

Same for K.C.. I'd rather kick their asses when they're making a run than when they suck.

But, any time we beat these slobs is a moment to cherish.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Competitive divisional games are always more fun and exciting. Now that the Broncos appear to be improved, and with the Chargers hobbling with injuries, I think the meetings this year should be awesome.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:33 AM   #9
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
I'll vote competitive, but to me... it's best when we can derail their season. Beating Oakland now is tasty, but when those schmucks think they've got something going and we throw the ****in' skids on it, you it doesn't get any better.

Same for K.C.. I'd rather kick their asses when they're making a run than when they suck.

But, any time we beat these slobs is a moment to cherish.
i agree. i love dashing the hopes of Oakland or KC when they are doing something good. that playoff game in Arrowhead leading to our 1st super bowl win was incredible to watch. a battle to the very end, and the fact that it was the Chiefs made it all the better.

now with the Chiefs and Oakland it is like beating a retarded kid at chess. yeah you won, but you can't brag about it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
dextermilo
Word

Rational cynic.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kyle Orton

Quote:
now with the Chiefs and Oakland it is like beating a retarded kid at chess. yeah you won, but you can't brag about it.
Sure makes losing to 'em a hell of a lot worse...
dextermilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #11
BroncoDoug
Ring of Famer

R.I.P. D-Will and D-Nash

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I voted to make em competitive. That 97 season was fun because the chiefs were damn good that year and that made it all the more sweeter beating them in the Playoffs on the road, when I believe they had beaten us in the regular season. It make for a fun season.
BroncoDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:54 AM   #12
Bronco Yoda

Oh come on now... who here doesn't get a kick out of KC & the fade sucking.....seriously. This isn't college football where rankings are based on opinion. Now the Chargers look to be joining their ranks. It's all too funny. Besides, the hates still there between us... we just get a few more laughs at their expense during the season.

In the end... who cares as long as WE don't suck.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:10 AM   #13
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Oh come on now... who here doesn't get a kick out of KC & the fade sucking.....seriously. This isn't college football where rankings are based on opinion. Now the Chargers look to be joining their ranks. It's all too funny. Besides, the hates still there between us... we just get a few more laughs at their expense during the season.

In the end... who cares as long as WE don't suck.
Maybe I'm spoiled, I fell in love with the Broncos in the 70's (peaking in 77 )because the games were never boring. I wonder how many of the posters that voted for easy wins followed the Broncos during those years. They were the best of times to be a Bronco fan.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe I'm spoiled, I fell in love with the Broncos in the 70's (peaking in 77 )because the games were never boring. I wonder how many of the posters that voted for easy wins followed the Broncos during those years. They were the best of times to be a Bronco fan.
i wasn't alive then, but remember fondly the late 90s when it was a dogfight in the AFC West. you knew division games were going to be rough, they were amped up the entire week leading up to the game, and that stadium shook so hard it felt like the place was going to crumble.

now we still have a little notice on Raiders or Chiefs week, but with no real fight in those teams anymore it has lost the meaning and fun it used to have.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:11 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Competitive divisional games are always more fun and exciting. Now that the Broncos appear to be improved, and with the Chargers hobbling with injuries, I think the meetings this year should be awesome.
Or we might just blow you out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:26 AM   #16
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

We just need Seattle back in the division to have another inept team to kick around this year.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 03:57 AM   #17
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
truf but I think the discussion is focused on our younger retarded cousins in the division and if we would rather them be competent than aimless hole-digging mishaps.

I myself giggle everytime a fail story comes from teh Raiders or Cheifs front office.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:52 AM   #18
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

I voted yes. The Raider team we beat two weeks ago was pathetic. They didn't
even have a chance throughout the whole game and they gave up in the second half. I'll take the W but if every game on our schedule was like that, what would be the point?
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:38 AM   #19
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

No I wouldn't. When the PAtriots were winning their titles the AFC East wasn't at all. Nor was the Division difficult when we were winning in the 80's. Now the 90's....KC was tough, the Raiders were tough, and SD had a great defense.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #20
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

Competition breeds competence. I prefer a tough division where we have to earn our wins. I don't like feeling sorry for Oakland and Kansas City, who are too pathetic to really hate these days.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #21
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

I will never cheer for the Raiders and Chiefs to be better. If they are perenially the 31st and 32nd teams in the NFL that would be just fine with me.

I'm still pretty ambivalent about the Chargers. I guess if they were mediocre that'd be OK.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:52 AM   #22
Punisher
® Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got? ®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Not if you have a Competitive schedule, Plus who cares about KC and the Raiders.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yes and no? Yes because the games mean more and that makes them more fun to watch. You can also get the players some experience with important games before they get to the playoffs. No because it would be nice to have a free pass to the playoffs.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:02 AM   #24
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

I would like to see the Broncos play tougher oposition within the division, but would also like to see Oakland and KC have a combined record of 0-28-4. I'm torn.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #25
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncojef View Post
We just need Seattle back in the division to have another inept team to kick around this year.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote