The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default power rankings: espn finally got it right

this is very fair spot to put us.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=5
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Can't argue with 8th. Can't argue with who is ahead of us either. I thin we're somewhere in the top 10. Looking forward to how this team reacts when there is some adversity. I think they'll pass the test, and for me that will be a bigger deal than starting the season 4-0. Everybody is always happy and easy to get along with when you're winning... lose a couple and still have the good attitude will go a long way toward proving that we're a completely different (and better) managed team.

Oh and CBSSPortsline.com has us at #5.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Meh ....... I wont argue with where we are , but as I keep saying 60 minutes of football = damn hard to beat
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Can't argue with 8th. Can't argue with who is ahead of us either. I thin we're somewhere in the top 10. Looking forward to how this team reacts when there is some adversity. I think they'll pass the test, and for me that will be a bigger deal than starting the season 4-0. Everybody is always happy and easy to get along with when you're winning... lose a couple and still have the good attitude will go a long way toward proving that we're a completely different (and better) managed team.

Oh and CBSSPortsline.com has us at #5.
the teams ahead of us have played solid football, though our defense has been far better than anyone else in the league, the offense still has to show it can carry a game if the defense gives.
tsiguy96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #5
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

No they didn't.....One can make a case for Balty & NE being ahead of Denver, But no way no how should the NYJ be.

That being said....I wish they were still ranked 12-15.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

jets? don't think so...anyone notice we are the only undefeated team on this list under defeated teams?

I'll take 6th...
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Jets are more battle tested than us... I'm okay with the Jets being ahead of Denver at this point. Common opponent this weekend. Should tell the story.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Don't ya wish we had our first round pick instead of the Bears?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:22 PM   #9
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Don't ya wish we had our first round pick instead of the Bears?
Hell no Baja.

I'll take late teens over late 20's ANY day!

Old 10-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #10
orange skier
Who is Josh McDaniels ?

Protect "The Neck"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Alex Gibbs

Wow...he's got the squeelers down there pretty far....not much respect........ummmmm.........I like it..................
orange skier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #11
Crushisback
Camp fodder

Now the 49'ers are getting screwed!
Crushisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #12
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

All I know is if we beat NE, then I don't want to hear another damn word about battle tested or are we for real or anything like that. Don't care about rankings but starting to get sick of this talk about if we are fake or not. Even if we lose some close games in the coming weeks, this team has already proven they are for real and have to be reckoned with.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:38 PM   #13
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McOSKIE!!! View Post
Jets are more battle tested than us... I'm okay with the Jets being ahead of Denver at this point. Common opponent this weekend. Should tell the story.
I'm not. Denver's 4-0 record and PPG allowed should have them ahead of the NYJ no matter the competition.

However...The Jets are more of a surprise to me given a rookie QB so "Lex" Ryan absolutely should be leading Josh in any coach of the year type poll.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:39 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

People care about these ranking way too much. They are fun to look at I guess but really mean nothing.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:07 PM   #15
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I think we're better than the Jets. We should be at #5 by virtue of being undefeated, and owners of the leagues #1 defense
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #16
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragster69 View Post
I think we're better than the Jets. We should be at #5 by virtue of being undefeated, and owners of the leagues #1 defense
I'm OK w/ any ranking in the top 10, because we deserve it. However, I have a problem w/ being ranked behind the jets by the virtue of thier rookie QB. He literally cost them the game last week w/ 2 pick 6's.

This is not going to be the last time he does that as they play better teams thru the season.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #17
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
I'm not. Denver's 4-0 record and PPG allowed should have them ahead of the NYJ no matter the competition.

However...The Jets are more of a surprise to me given a rookie QB so "Lex" Ryan absolutely should be leading Josh in any coach of the year type poll.
But were only scoring 19 ppg, that's not going to cut it against teams with great offenses.
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman444 View Post
But were only scoring 19 ppg, that's not going to cut it against teams with great offenses.
True:

But just as I don't think they will maintain a 6.5 PPG against average....
I also don't think they will maintains a 19.8 PPG for average.

I've been meaning to make a thread about the points that this team has left on the field and why (IMO)....I was kind of saving it for that D-bag BF7 but I've got just enough coffee and beer in me to do it tonight.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I'm OK w/ any ranking in the top 10, because we deserve it. However, I have a problem w/ being ranked behind the jets by the virtue of thier rookie QB. He literally cost them the game last week w/ 2 pick 6's.

This is not going to be the last time he does that as they play better teams thru the season.
East coast bias, that's all there is...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #20
SureShot
Hurry! Hurry!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Russell

This isn't college who cares? Only one team wins its last game and that's all that matters.
SureShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #21
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

It's probably even a little generous. I think the Eagles and Packers would probably give us a difficult time. I'd peg us as a 10-15 ranked team right now, which isn't bad at all, considering.

In a few more weeks, even if we lose a couple games... we could improve enough offensively to increase in the rankings, imo. This is still a major work in progress, but the fact that it's gelled this quickly in many areas is a great accomplishment.

Again, two new systems... lots of rookies out there, etc. Just wait until guys like Eddie Royal and Ayers start feeling comfortable in their roles.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #22
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
People care about these ranking way too much. They are fun to look at I guess but really mean nothing.
Ditto, I am waiting til after 8 games before I comment on how good I think the team is. I am way to used to Shanny's hot starts and late fades.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
It's probably even a little generous. I think the Eagles and Packers would probably give us a difficult time. I'd peg us as a 10-15 ranked team right now, which isn't bad at all, considering.

In a few more weeks, even if we lose a couple games... we could improve enough offensively to increase in the rankings, imo. This is still a major work in progress, but the fact that it's gelled this quickly in many areas is a great accomplishment.

Again, two new systems... lots of rookies out there, etc. Just wait until guys like Eddie Royal and Ayers start feeling comfortable in their roles.
I agree that Phlly should be ahead of Denver. Not GB though.

I know someone has a make your own PR thread somewhere but I'm too lazy to dig for it right now.

My current top 15....And really, you can make a case for any team in each group of 5 to be slotted somewhere else in that same group since the sample size is so small.

IND
NO
PHI
BAL
NYG
~~~~
MIN
NE
DEN
SF
NYJ
~~~~
ATL
GB
CHI
PIT
CIN
Old 10-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #24
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

New England scored two TDs when their drive was extended because of questionable calls.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #25
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
True:

But just as I don't think they will maintain a 6.5 PPG against average....
I also don't think they will maintains a 19.8 PPG for average.

I've been meaning to make a thread about the points that this team has left on the field and why (IMO)....I was kind of saving it for that D-bag BF7 but I've got just enough coffee and beer in me to do it tonight.
I agree completely. I've been bringing it up a lot, but no one seems to take notice of our offensive woes.

We didn't do jack against the Bengals, we only put up 13 points through three quarters against the Browns, only 23 in the game against the Raiders, and 17 against the Cowboys.

IMO if we want to be an elite team we have to put more points up. Period. We've left so many on the field and we've gotten lucky or our defense has bailed us out.

I agree, we can't keep up a 6.5 average per game and we're eventually going to have to be able to win a shootout and right now I don't think we can do it.
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote