The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
d bronx42
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Peter King giving the Broncos some major love!

This might be the best article i have seen so far this season about our Broncos.

Like i have said many times, Peter King is literally 1 out of 3 'experts' i put stock into.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS -- With 28 of the 32 NFL teams finished with a quarter of their seasons, let's hand out some early hardware. Of course, things can change pretty quickly in this league. Last year, Trent Edwards was my NFL MVP through Week 4, and Jim Zorn the coach. So I'd sprinkle quite a few grains of salt on these awards.
Most Valuable Player

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts.
2. Drew Brees, QB, Saints.
3. Adrian Peterson, RB, Vikings.

While the Colts get used to a new coach, new defense and three important new offensive parts, Manning is playing as well as he ever has. In his illustrious 12-year career, he's never opened a season with four straight 300-yard games, as he has this year. The 4-0 Colts will go as far as he takes them.

Coach Of The Year

1. Josh McDaniels, Broncos.
2. Rex Ryan, Jets.
3. Brad Childress, Minnesota.

This one doesn't seem very hard. I pick Childress to round out the top three because he made the gutsy move -- which I criticized -- of going out on a limb to talk Favre into playing when he wasn't confident he could make it through a season healthy, at 40. But Favre has won one game, maybe two, that the Tarvaris Jackson Vikes wouldn't have. At the top, McDaniels, as I explained Monday in MMQB, is a lock. :rockon:

Assistant Coach Of The Year

1. Mike Nolan, defensive coordinator, Broncos.
2. Gregg Williams, defensive coordinator, Saints.
3. Dante Scarnecchia, offensive line, Patriots.

Lots of deserving candidates, and it's clear why Nolan and Williams are far and away the leaders on this list. Scarnecchia is here not because of long and meritorious service; this is his 26th season as a Patriots assistant. It's because New England had a major protection problem that Scarnecchia and the staff worked on, and the past two weeks, against one very good defense (Baltimore) and one middling one (Atlanta), the troops kept Brady mostly clean.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year

1. Mark Sanchez, QB, Jets.
2. Michael Oher, T, Ravens.
3. Percy Harvin, WR/KR, Vikings.

When receivers Julian Edelman (New England), Kenny Britt (Tennessee), Mike Wallace (Pittsburgh) and Johnny Knox (Chicago), and left tackle Eugene Monroe of the Jaguars don't make the top three, you know it's a good year for rookies. I give a premium to a quarterback who steps into a difficult situation (starting opening day, in New York no less, and winning) and performs.
Defensive Rookie Of The Year

1. James Laurinaitis, LB, Rams.
2. Louis Delmas, S, Lions.
3. Jerraud Powers, CB, Colts.

It's not hard to shine on an awful team, and Laurinaitis is going to have to weather a couple of years of stormy weather in St. Louis. But he's been the defensive playcaller since day three of camp, and he's on pace to be the kind of heart-of-the-defense player Barrett Ruud is in Tampa and DeMeco Ryans is in Houston.
Offensive Player Of The Year

1. Peyton Manning, QB, Colts.
2. Joe Flacco, QB, Ravens.
3. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans.

Adrian Peterson will be back in contention before the end of the year, but the Monday-nighter knocked a little of the shine off his star. For now. Manning is far and away the best player.

Defensive Player Of The Year

1. Darrelle Revis, CB, Jets.
2. Elvis Dumervil, OLB, Broncos.
3. Jared Allen, DE, Minnesota.

Revis held Andre Johnson and Randy Moss to eight soft catches for 69 yards and no touchdowns in Weeks 1 and 2 and is the shutdown corner that a bold and aggressive defense Rex Ryan has to have. Dumervil's the oddest-looking pass-rusher, at 5-foot-11 and 260 pounds, I've ever seen, but he has rare quickness and he's tied for the NFL with eight sacks. Dumervil's a legitimate threat to get 20 in a defense built to feature him.

Free Agent Of The Year

1. Darren Sharper, FS, Saints.
2. Brett Favre, QB, Minnesota.
3. Correll Buckhalter, RB, Broncos. (Easily the most underrated aqusition the Broncos have picked up in recent memory...)

Sharper told me Sunday that he seriously considered signing with the Steelers and old college teammate Mike Tomlin early in free-agency, but then New Orleans got into the picture and Sean Payton told him, "We just need a couple more pieces on defense, and you're a big one.'' Tomlin agreed that New Orleans was a better spot for Sharper, and so he went. He's the NFL interceptions leader with five after four games.
Here is a question he answered too. Saying we will go 6-2 in the roughest part of the schedule! :eek:

Quote:
THE BRONCOS, REVISITED. From John Kaleto of San Diego: "What do you think will be the Broncos' record in four weeks, after they play New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh?''

Six wins, two losses. Don't ask me to predict which ones they'll win and which ones they'll lose. The Broncos are simply playing at a high enough level right now to go .500 through a very difficult stretch of the schedule.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0TBSwWsK9
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Thank you for some Mr. King! Much Appreciated :salute::salute::salute:
d bronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Free Agent Of The Year

1. Brian Dawkins
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Que
Gettin' some

Just the tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Free Agent Of The Year

1. Brian Dawkins
qft!
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d bronx42 View Post
This might be the best article i have seen so far this season about our Broncos.

Like i have said many times, Peter King is literally 1 out of 3 'experts' i put stock into.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

Here is a question he answered too. Saying we will go 6-2 in the roughest part of the schedule! :eek:

Thank you for some Mr. King! Much Appreciated :salute::salute::salute:
King just seems to be the rare type of so called experts that doesn't put a lot of personal bias on his opinions. he simply tells it the way he is seeing it. and right now, no one can really dog on the Broncos without sounding like a jackass, and King knows this. he sees that a team starting 4-0 regardless of competition and a defense allowing only 26 points through 4 games is a special accomplishment. last years team would maybe be 2-2 after these 4 games to open our season.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Free Agent Of The Year

1. Brian Dawkins
i'll agree on that. no one has come onto their new teams and brought as much passion, leadership and ability as he has to the Broncos.

although it is nice to see Buck getting a little love, he has performed really well for us.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Free Agent Of The Year

1. Brian Dawkins
I agree Peter King miss on this one IMO. I am not taking anything away from Buckhalter, Fields, Andre Davis, Darrell Reid, Gaffney, Hill, Goodman, McBean, and all of the other guys we brought in because they have played very well.... But Dawkins is the heart of this team IMO.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

What about that Elmer fellow. He deserves some love.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Free Agent Of The Year

1. Brian Dawkins
Not over Sharper. Dawkins would be number two for his leadership but Sharper is money. He leads the NFL in INT's and has two INTS for TDs over 97 yards.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #9
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Not over Sharper. Dawkins would be number two for his leadership but Sharper is money. He leads the NFL in INT's and has two INTS for TDs over 97 yards.
I haven't see the Aints play this year

no offense to Buckhalter, but Brain Dawkins should have been the easy selection for Peter King
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:31 PM   #10
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

thank you thank you
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:34 PM   #11
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I haven't see the Aints play this year

no offense to Buckhalter, but Brain Dawkins should have been the easy selection for Peter King
I agree with you with the Dawkins pick up. Sharper has 5 INTs already this year and as I said he has a 97 yarder and a 99 yarder for TDs so far. I think Hill is playing well but man if we could have landed Sharper instead, my good you couldn't pas on us. I guess both Dawkins and Sharper are FS, so that wouldn't work.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote