The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #1
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev
Default Familiar territory for Belichick/McDaniels

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...and_mcdaniels/
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Good stuff. Particularly liked these Belichick quotes:

“I think they’ve done a great job,’’ Belichick said, referring to McDaniels and the Broncos. “I think they are playing very well. I’ve seen, not all of them, but some of them at the end of the week, some last night and this morning, and I think they’re doing a good job. They’re playing good football. They don’t beat themselves.

It doesn’t surprise me. It certainly doesn’t surprise me,’’ Belichick added. “I have all the respect in the world for Josh, both as a coach, personnel evaluator, and in general for his football knowledge and his ability to manage the game, whether it is as a coordinator or as a head coach.

“I think he has great insight into the game, so it doesn’t surprise me. Just watching them play, they do a lot of things well, so that’s reflected in their record.’’
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:59 PM   #3
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Every game and every opponent presents challenges in the National Football League. But when a situation arises such as the one the Patriots will face this week in Denver, where former Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels is the first-year coach of the 4-0 Broncos, it adds another dimension to the weekly preparations.

“It’s different, it’s a little bit different,’’ Patriots coach Bill Belichick acknowledged yesterday. “There’s not too many games like this. You might have one or two a year. Yeah, Josh knows what we do. I mean, we know what their offense is, too. I think that’s kind of a wash there. I’d say the big difference is he knows our personnel very well.’’

The Patriots (3-1) are early 3-point favorites, but Belichick seemed to concede the edge to McDaniels, especially given his intimate knowledge of the Patriots.

“He’s coached with and against these guys out on the practice field since most of them have been here,’’ Belichick said. “I think that’s an advantage in knowledge that they have.’’
---------

I was talking to a Bronco buddy of mine and I told him this game will be back and fourth. Either a low scoring game or a shootout.

It's like when Shanny was coach of Raiders and played first game against John. He knew how to beat John. McDaniels is going to have the same edge on Brady.

Then looking at the skill positions, of both teams, they almost cancel out, except Denver will have a lead at running back and of course the Pats will lead at quarterback.

On Defense Denver secondary is better than the Pats and the Linebackers are in Denvers favor. D-Line will have to go to the Pats.

This is going to be a fun game to watch.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:20 PM   #4
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

This game will be won or lost by our defensive front 7. If they can come after Brady and make him uncomfortable we can win this one, if he gets to go all Rommel on us and directs his troops we could lose this one big.

I do like Mcdaniels insider knowledge in this one, he knows a lot of strengths and weaknesses along that offensive line, that could help our pass rushers, he also know what kind of reads Brady looks for and how to maybe throw him off a bit by showing him some things he is not expecting.

On the other hand Belichick is no slouch and knows a lot about what Mcdaniels wants to do, so this one should be interesting.

It will be interesting to see Belichick play against the favoured son, we might actually see some smiles and genuine feelings out of the old coot.
gyldenlove is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

That's amazing that the Pats trade Symour for the Fades 1st and they still have a better D line than us. OUCH!!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #6
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

NE favored by 3.5 I like Denver in that bet
baja is offline   Reply With Quote