The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Jamarcus Russell-Fat,Dumb,and Lazy

Russell situation is worse than described
Posted by Mike Florio on October 6, 2009 12:51 PM ET

Boomer Esiason of CBS recently lifted the lid on the problems with Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell. Esiason said on Sunday's The NFL Today that Russell has been "fined heavily" for showing up late for multiple meetings, being overweight, and missing one meeting.

A league source tells us that it's even worse.

Per the source, Russell has missed multiple meetings, and that he has missed multiple other activities. His behavior has been described to us as a "pattern not an aberration."

It's a horrible development regarding Russell's, well, development. And it's surely not what coach Tom Cable had in mind when he said this in March: "If he can accept the responsibility of being an NFL quarterback, I think that's working more, working harder, working longer than everybody else, accepting the responsibility that his teammates look to him as the face of the organization, that he has to go above and beyond almost on a daily basis, I think that comes with that position, whether that's right or wrong, that's what it is. . . . If he can accept that and become that, he'll be fine. . . . I think thus far in the offseason he's been around more than ever. He was never around like this on his own, just watching tape, studying, so that's a step in the right direction. I think he has to embrace that, though, for him to be what he should be."

Clearly, Russell hasn't embraced the realities of his job. And so the question will be whether the Raiders are going to stay the course with Russell, or whether they're going to fix this mess before it gets even worse.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
~Crash~
My new dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kuper

cut him
~Crash~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Paladin
Ring of Famer

And may the walking deadman "live on".......
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Crash~ View Post
cut him
exactly, or deactivate him for a few games to show you mean business. I think he can handle all of the fines that they give him. They've made him a very rich man.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #5
no-pseudo-fan
True Orange & Blue

Follow me...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hidalgo

the raiders should keep him, play him and pay him. I hope that he starts for them for the next 10 years and that they draft many more players like him.
no-pseudo-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
Man-Goblin
Giving You The Business

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mister Cobble

b****, please. How can he have time to show up for meetings when he's busy buying sweet necklaces.

Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #7
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Al Davis called him the next Elway you can't cut him
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
_Oro_
Formerly known as Casson

Don't run that sh*t this way.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
- R. Ayers

(see post 5)

Seriously? As much as I like winning, our division has turned to absolute crap and it kind of sucks. Everyone b*tches that we don't get respect... Well look at the crap division we're in, that certainly isn't going to help. Oh they're in the playoffs but they did it beating 3 last place teams (yeah I think SD is basically done too). Anyway, I much prefer the days of coming out on top of a bada** division. Beating SD when they were beating everyone else was great! Like when we used to shut down LT eventhough he was running wild on everyone else...

\rant

Last edited by _Oro_; 10-06-2009 at 11:18 AM..
_Oro_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casson View Post
Seriously? As much as I like winning, our division has turned to absolute crap and it kind of sucks. Everyone b*tches that we don't get respect... Well look at the crap division we're in, that certainly isn't going to help. Oh they're in the playoffs but they did it beating 3 last place teams (yeah I think SD is basically done too). Anyway, I much prefer the days of coming out on top of a bada** division. Beating SD when they were beating everyone else was great! Like when we used to shut down LT eventhough he was running wild on everyone else...

\rant
How do you think the Cardinals got to the Super Bowl? And the Seahawks before them!
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Russell needs to just keep doing what he's been doing. He's fine. Really, people are overreacting.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #11
d bronx42
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cheers to J-Bust being the starting QB in Oakland till Al Davis dies...
d bronx42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Doesn't matter what he does. Greasy Al wants him in there to throw deep to Cliff Branch.

That's what I love about the Raiders.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #13
TheDave
Sauced...

Is it just me, or does anyone else laugh at the irony of him choosing #2?
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #14
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-pseudo-fan View Post
the raiders should keep him, play him and pay him. I hope that he starts for them for the next 10 years and that they draft many more players like him.
this.
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #15
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
Is it just me, or does anyone else laugh at the irony of him choosing #2?
He was Choosen #1 overall in the 07 draft...
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #16
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
He was Choosen #1 overall in the 07 draft...
He's talking about his jersey number.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #17
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

He already got paid, you mean he has to work now to earn it? Screw that
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #18
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
(see post 5)

\rant
Who gives a **** if our division isnt respected? This isnt college football and we arent Boise State. How our competitors are viewed is irrelevant. Only wins and loses matter. Only fantasy geeks and power rating nerds give a crap about the status of our division. Besides, we play in the AFC. The road to the SB requires us (or any other AFC team) to beat the likes of the Steelers, Colts, and Pats to get there. Better we have a cushion so we can host those teams in the playoffs instead of traveling to their house in Jan. Let Oakland rot in the stimy festering sewer they live in. Let 'em stay like that for a thousand years. Its matter nothing to what Denver does or where Denver is going.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #19
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What does Russel care? He's got his $... he's just showing up enough not to have to repay the prorated portion of his signing bonus.
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #20
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Imagine if the Raiders hadn't passed on Jay Cutler...
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #21
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMan-Goblin View Post
b****, please. How can he have time to show up for meetings when he's busy buying sweet necklaces.

Lucky!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:20 PM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbloke View Post
Imagine if the Raiders hadn't passed on Jay Cutler...
Yeah after he got pissed in his 3rd yr and was traded to the Bears Raiders fans would have been bummed.

Actually imagine if Raiders had signed Drew Brees like they talked about. Didn't pull the trigger.

Then they could have drafted Larry Fitzgerald.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #23
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Yep winning and losing in NFL can hinge on one or two good, or bad decisions.

Broncos were hurt bad by the Darryl Gardner fiasco, and the Al Wilson injury.

Now we score on a couple FA and score a good d coord and we get some good luck.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:22 PM   #24
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
(see post 5)

\rant
exactly, it is the same situation as the NFC West has been in for years. the Cardinals got very little notice last season until basically the NFC Championship game, because at the time the were just seen as the best of the NFC turd division.

i also miss the days when it was a dog fight til the end of the season in this division, when the worst team finished 8-8 or 9-7 and could probably kick the crap out of almost any other team in the league.

the AFC West used to be the toughest division in the NFL and the games used to be so much more fun to watch, because you knew it was going to be a war on the field, division games used to be hyped up all week, now we are just looking at our division games as just another game. there isn't anything special about them anymore.

as much as i hate to say it and regardless of how funny it has been to watch the decline of the Raiders and Chiefs, i like the NFL better when those 2 teams are competitive.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #25
Black96WS6
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoman4ever View Post
exactly, it is the same situation as the nfc west has been in for years. The cardinals got very little notice last season until basically the nfc championship game, because at the time the were just seen as the best of the nfc turd division.

I also miss the days when it was a dog fight til the end of the season in this division, when the worst team finished 8-8 or 9-7 and could probably kick the crap out of almost any other team in the league.

The afc west used to be the toughest division in the nfl and the games used to be so much more fun to watch, because you knew it was going to be a war on the field, division games used to be hyped up all week, now we are just looking at our division games as just another game. There isn't anything special about them anymore.

As much as i hate to say it and regardless of how funny it has been to watch the decline of the raiders and chiefs, i like the nfl better when those 2 teams are competitive.
x2
Black96WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote