The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default Champ Bailey on Jim Rome Show next segment

Tune in, Champ will be on in a few minutes.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #2
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Nice, I'll watch it when it's on on the west coast! Love Rome, this should be a solid Interview.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Nice, I'll watch it when it's on on the west coast! Love Rome, this should be a solid Interview.
Where can you watch it?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #4
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Interview just fnished. I'll try and recap..
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Champ said Josh handled the Cutler and Marshall issues about as well as you could expect any coach to handle

Said players bought into what Josh was doing when they brought Dawkins and Goodman and later Holiday in plus the hiring of Nolan was hugh in the players eyes.

Said broncos have a chance to become a great D this season if they keep working at it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

-Bought into McDaniels coaching. In pre-season they would work on things in practice, and the carry over to the games was easy to see.

-Thinks Josh has gone through situations older coaches haven't had to go through (Jay and Bmarsh), and he handeled them exactly the right way.

-Brian Dawkins is a great leader, playing like he is 25, thinks he will be able to play for a long time.

-Wasn't surprised by Brett Farve last night, its what he does.

-Was surprised that Romo kept coming after him, but was happy to take the challenge on for the team. Said if a QB is going to do that, I'm gonna make a few plays.

-Knows that the 4-0 start doesn't mean anything, for them to be where they want to be, need to keep improving each week. Don't want to go 8-8.

-Looks forward to challenge of going against Moss, one of the best WR's, and Brady is on of the best QB's.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #7
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,956
Default

It looks like Champ is having fun again. It shows and the fact that Champ can do his job and not worry about the crappy play of the other 3 like years gone by is like getting a new all pro CB back after 2 1/2 years
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 AM   #8
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 5,959

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

It was an orgy of love for McDaniels.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #9
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
It looks like Champ is having fun again. It shows and the fact that Champ can do his job and not worry about the crappy play of the other 3 like years gone by is like getting a new all pro CB back after 2 1/2 years
He fully supported Slowik.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #10
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,044
Default

Winning always is fun.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:41 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
It looks like Champ is having fun again. It shows and the fact that Champ can do his job and not worry about the crappy play of the other 3 like years gone by is like getting a new all pro CB back after 2 1/2 years
it is finally back to the way it should be. he doesn't have to worry about everyone else on the defense 1st and his job second. he was the savior for the last few seasons defenses. he was always the guy making the TD saving tackle, and because of having to cover for everyone else, his play slipped a little. now that he can focus on his duty only he can relax and have a little fun out there which shows in his play looking loads better.
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,295

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
He fully supported Slowik.
because he can't openly say what he truly believes about a coach still on staff, and once he was able to say anything about the guy, he had moved on and there was no reason to bring old **** back up
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 PM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,709
Default

It's nice to not see Champ tackling rbs. I think maybe what only a few times has he had to make those type of tackles.

We want Bailey swatting passes, tipping balls, harrassing WR not taking on 220 pound backs.

The front 7 playing so much better it almost makes me want to cry.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #14
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo
 
55CrushEm's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: North of Boston, MA
Posts: 6,177

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's nice to not see Champ tackling rbs. I think maybe what only a few times has he had to make those type of tackles.

We want Bailey swatting passes, tipping balls, harrassing WR not taking on 220 pound backs.

The front 7 playing so much better it almost makes me want to cry.
But we haven't done ANYTHING to address our front seven.

Sorry......had to say it one more time......
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #15
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,186

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's nice to not see Champ tackling rbs. I think maybe what only a few times has he had to make those type of tackles.

We want Bailey swatting passes, tipping balls, harrassing WR not taking on 220 pound backs.

The front 7 playing so much better it almost makes me want to cry.
and oh so nice to not see champ playing on kick coverage...
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #16
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,968

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Kind of surprised you guys left out the most important aspect of this conversion. I was able to listen on my way to work today and the thing that stood out the most was when Rome asked Bailey about when he "bought in."

He didn't say a specific time, but he said he had a lot of confidence when he first met Josh because he "knows football."

However the time he said the whole team really was sold was after the preseason games. He mentioned that McDaniels would tell them before the game was played what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. He then said the next day when everyone came in and looked at film it all happened exactly how McDaniels told them it would. He said when the players started seeing that they knew the coach was special and the team really committed.

He didn't say which game, but I can't help but think by the Cardinals game that everyone was on board.

Anyway I thought that was very interesting.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:51 PM   #17
baja
Elite Sissie
 
baja's Avatar
 
Because

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 59,695

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default

Thanks I missed that part and I agree that is very interesting and it supports what Marshall said in the post game presser that McD told them what the D was going to do on the game winning pass to him.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:28 AM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Kind of surprised you guys left out the most important aspect of this conversion. I was able to listen on my way to work today and the thing that stood out the most was when Rome asked Bailey about when he "bought in."

He didn't say a specific time, but he said he had a lot of confidence when he first met Josh because he "knows football."

However the time he said the whole team really was sold was after the preseason games. He mentioned that McDaniels would tell them before the game was played what was going to happen and how it was going to happen. He then said the next day when everyone came in and looked at film it all happened exactly how McDaniels told them it would. He said when the players started seeing that they knew the coach was special and the team really committed.

He didn't say which game, but I can't help but think by the Cardinals game that everyone was on board.

Anyway I thought that was very interesting.

Pat Bowlen and Co. couldn't write this guy a contract fast enough after interviewing him. I knew there had to be something special about the guy after the way our front office reacted to him. Bowlen has been around a lot of football greats. He knows one when he sees one.

Hopefully, he'll pan out as great... or even greater than our last coach.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:13 AM   #19
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
because he can't openly say what he truly believes about a coach still on staff, and once he was able to say anything about the guy, he had moved on and there was no reason to bring old **** back up
and Sybil showed up to claim her reality
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:16 AM   #20
hambone13
Ring of Famer
 
Salty Lurking Vet

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 2,077

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Pat Bowlen and Co. couldn't write this guy a contract fast enough after interviewing him. I knew there had to be something special about the guy after the way our front office reacted to him. Bowlen has been around a lot of football greats. He knows one when he sees one.

Hopefully, he'll pan out as great... or even greater than our last coach.
keep patting yourself on the back...doesn't change your generally annoying perception any way
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #21
lex
Ring of Famer
 
lex's Avatar
 
The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 10,236

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
because he can't openly say what he truly believes about a coach still on staff, and once he was able to say anything about the guy, he had moved on and there was no reason to bring old **** back up
He doesnt have to say he sucks but thats not what happened. He went out of his way to endorse him.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Denver Broncos