The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM   #1
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil
 
Dagmar's Avatar
 
..there's just God when he's drunk.

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Morrison
Posts: 16,975

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow
Default Tony Romo - A bit of class

paraphrasing a smidge...

"They are the number 1 (Defense) in the league for a reason, you can't just come out and move it on them"


Crediting the D, not having a tantrum and not throwing anyone under the bus. I like it.

oh, and,
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #2
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Romo doesnt deserve the criticism he gets here in Dallas.

Its similar to the Plummer situation that we had in Denver.

Romo will not be there for much longer unless he takes that rickety jalopy to the Superbowl.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

He was pretty off-target on his throws today ....

And stupid Joe Buck was SO pro-Cowboys. Ridickaluss
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #4
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,364
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Romo doesnt deserve the criticism he gets here in Dallas.

Its similar to the Plummer situation that we had in Denver.

Romo will not be there for much longer unless he takes that rickety jalopy to the Superbowl.
...and it will never happen as long as clueless Wade is running the show in Dallas...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #5
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:10 PM   #6
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
He was pretty off-target on his throws today ....

And stupid Joe Buck was SO pro-Cowboys. Ridickaluss
Both QBs were off for 3 quarters.

The difference? Orton was on in the quarter that matters most and Romo was not.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:11 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
He was pretty off-target on his throws today ....

And stupid Joe Buck was SO pro-Cowboys. Ridickaluss
They cover the games for the NFC, so I would expect it.

However, Aikman was very professional...just like he always is. Gotta like Aikman.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

AAAA Buck was pro Cowboy, Did you hear Troy Aikman
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #9
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Both QBs were off for 3 quarters.

The difference? Orton was on in the quarter that matters most and Romo was not.
You could also say that the difference was a 6'4" monster receiver who made Terrence Newman look like a little boy when he just snagged the ball from his hands before juking 3 guys out of their cleats in the middle of the field on his way to juking Newman's jock clean into the dirt again to free himself up to follow Dan Graham on a parade to the end zone.

Brandon Marshall made the play that won the game. Its cool that Orton is being responsible with the ball though. Hopefully he'll start hitting the deep ball soon.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #10
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
THAT's who Brian Dawkins is! William Wallace!
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #11
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
You could also say that the difference was a 6'4" monster receiver who made Terrence Newman look like a little boy when he just snagged the ball from his hands before juking 3 guys out of their cleats in the middle of the field on his way to juking Newman's jock clean into the dirt again to free himself up to follow Dan Graham on a parade to the end zone.

Brandon Marshall made the play that won the game. Its cool that Orton is being responsible with the ball though. Hopefully he'll start hitting the deep ball soon.
Even if Marshall doesn't score on that play, its a win win for Denver.

Marshall catches a ball, gets tackled. We still have the ball, are in field goal range and can run the clock down and prevent the last drive in the first place.

You people just dont want to give Orton any credit whatsoever. He made an absolutely CLUTCH throw that was perfect to Royal to pick up the first down (and got the roughing the passer penalty tacked on). He was 7-9 in teh 4th quarter and has been absolutely clutch when we needed him to be.

He drove us down to get into FG range to tie the game then he does everything possible that a QB can do for his team on OUR last drive to win the damn game.

Deal with it, he isnt as bad as you people wanted to believe.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

It was like one was feeding off the other. They were both againsst the Broncos...
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #13
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamanjam View Post
It was like one was feeding off the other. They were both againsst the Broncos...
Aikman was very complimentary about everything Broncos. He even covered the Broncos' practice on the Friday that he was there before the game.

Aikman is first class.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:24 PM   #14
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,929

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
...and it will never happen as long as clueless Wade is running the show in Dallas...
Shanahan will be there to take his job next season. he will make Romo into a good QB and be happy with Romo because he wanted him a few years ago.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #15
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 37,014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Shanahan will be there to take his job next season. he will make Romo into a good QB and be happy with Romo because he wanted him a few years ago.
Yeah...Romo was almost a Bronco. He chose between Parcells and Shanahan.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #16
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

If Shanny goes to Dallas that will be TWICE Son of Bum got replaced by Shanny.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #17
bamanjam
Solid Starter
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Nashville, Tn
Posts: 200

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker
Default

At the end, I would agree. The beginning, nope, I am not gettin into this.So what, the Broncos won... We can just say it was FOX, whocares...


Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkillet View Post
Aikman was very complimentary about everything Broncos. He even covered the Broncos' practice on the Friday that he was there before the game.

Aikman is first class.
bamanjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:36 PM   #18
ton80
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 266
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Even if Marshall doesn't score on that play, its a win win for Denver.

Marshall catches a ball, gets tackled. We still have the ball, are in field goal range and can run the clock down and prevent the last drive in the first place.

You people just dont want to give Orton any credit whatsoever. He made an absolutely CLUTCH throw that was perfect to Royal to pick up the first down (and got the roughing the passer penalty tacked on). He was 7-9 in teh 4th quarter and has been absolutely clutch when we needed him to be.

He drove us down to get into FG range to tie the game then he does everything possible that a QB can do for his team on OUR last drive to win the damn game.

Deal with it, he isnt as bad as you people wanted to believe.

Orton is nails. There is no moment during any football game, ever, that will cause him to start pissing down his leg. The a-hole misses wide open receivers early in the game that make you want to scratch your head. But then, when it absolutely counts, the guy pulls a golden horse shoe out of his arse for victory. It seemingly happens ever frickin time.
ton80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,225

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Just think if he takes the deal Shanahan offered him when he was a UDFA.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:35 PM   #20
enjolras
Ring of Famer
 
enjolras's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 7,517
Default

Shanny at the Cowboys helm terrifies me. They'll win superbowls...
enjolras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #21
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Shanny at the Cowboys helm terrifies me. They'll win superbowls...
You can always follow him there.

You seem to be impressed with anything Cutler and Shanahan but less so impressed with anything Broncos so, why do you keep coming back?
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 PM   #22
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
Peddling the Orange Addiction

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,271

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

I think Shanahan will end up in Washington, where he'll get carte blanche.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards
 
Rock Chalk's Avatar
 
Laus Deo

Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: The Backside of the Internet
Posts: 29,818

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Shanahan will end up in Washington, where he'll get carte blanche.
Thats what I think too. That or, if Lovie gets **** canned he will attempt to reunite himself with Cutler. Thing is though, Im not sure Chicago is interested in Shanahan. That's not their style of football.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:47 PM   #24
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Shanahan will end up in Washington, where he'll get carte blanche.
Think so also. Snyder will hook him up with anything he wants. His money lands a good coach.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #25
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso
 
Rocket 7's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 4,627

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Chalk View Post
Thats what I think too. That or, if Lovie gets **** canned he will attempt to reunite himself with Cutler. Thing is though, Im not sure Chicago is interested in Shanahan. That's not their style of football.
Chicago looks like a playoff team.
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Denver Broncos