The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
Meck77
Google Blows

Default Even Bronco Betty could have ripped Shanny's defense for 250 yards in a game....

If you are an owner of an NFL team thinking about replacing your current coach is Shanny losing stock with each Bronco win? Do you really believe in a guy who's only won a single playoff game in 10 years? Has the game passed Shanny by?

Last edited by Meck77; 10-04-2009 at 09:04 PM..
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
If you are an owner of an NFL team thinking about replacing your current coach is Shanny losing stock with each Bronco win? Do you really believe in a guy who's only won a single playoff game in 10 years? Has the game passed Shanny by?
Bowlen is probably hoping that's not the case. Still on the hook for 7 mill again next year.

There are a lot of good coaches sitting out this year....OLDER coaches that is.

Cowher, Shanny, Billick, and others ....
a lot of old time talent.

Of course McD and the younger coaches are turning some heads with quick turnarounds of some teams. Can't help those older coaches when there is apparently so much good young talent out there.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Considering some of the guys with jobs now Shanny would be an upgrade even on defense for some of these teams.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #4
SouthCarolinaBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Dixieland Denver Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Josh McDaniels

I think Shanahan got in a rut. He will absolutely be getting some calls this year, probably pretty soon. If he ends up in Washington replacing Zorn next year, I will not be surprised at all. That's most likely IMHO.
SouthCarolinaBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

A year off to re-energize, reflect, and learn will be very valuable for Shanny in his next head coaching job.

I have no doubt that he will have success in his next gig.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #6
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
A year off to re-energize, reflect, and learn will be very valuable for Shanny in his next head coaching job.

I have no doubt that he will have success in his next gig.
If he leaves Bob at home.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #7
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

I think that if Shanahan had hired the RIGHT defensive coordinator rather than all the ones he DID over the past 5 years, he'd still be our coach.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
Meck77
Google Blows

Oh I forgot to add one stipulation to my thread. All posts must have a Bronco Betty reference in them.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ha ha. This is awesome. Keep piling on a hall of fame coach who brought us all our first championships.

He's far from perfect, but he's a great coach. He would help Dallas out tremendously next year.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:29 AM   #10
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
Ha ha. This is awesome. Keep piling on a hall of fame coach who brought us all our first championships.

He's far from perfect, but he's a great coach. He would help Dallas out tremendously next year.
Nobody is piling on. The guy was a great offensive coach. Nobody will deny that. He did more for us than any coach before him. But after seeing how much a defense can improve with good coaching I think we're all a bit annoyed at wasted time and opportunity over the past ten years because Shanahan couldn't competently run a defense these last years. Stubbornly wanting to retain Slowick was the nail in the coffin.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Woo hoo, Meck! We won! Let's all come together and piss all over Shanahan!

Woo hoo!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
Killericon
YES A DT!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Woo hoo, Meck! We won! Let's all come together and piss all over Shanahan!

Woo hoo!
It's one or the other, TJ! There is no in between!

Camp 1: Shanahan haters who were glad to get rid of Cutler. Get their rocks off by bumping threads from the offseason when people were saying that we weren't going to do well this year. McDaniels for life!

Camp 2: Shanahan lovers who are secretly pissed that the Broncos are doing well, and jerk off to Cutler Highlights before crying themselves to sleep every night.

ONE OR THE OTHER! THERE IS NOTHING ELSE!!!
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 AM   #13
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"Hmmmm... We just won. What thread topic could I start to create a rift in the forum, and put as many people on the defensive as possible! I KNOW! There are Broncos fans who still love and appreciate Shanahan! I bet if I started a thread to trash Shanahan, that would keep the rift going! Why let people enjoy this win when I could start a thread that is sure to draw out arguments from other Broncos fans?"

Great thread Meck.

Last edited by Taco John; 10-05-2009 at 12:53 AM..
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM   #14
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Meck,

I am on your side on this. This thread has a legit flavor to it. Does the stock of Shanny go down with the dramatic overhaul of his Denver Bronco's by the new kid on the block. What the new kid has done is nothing short of amazing and to quite honest he has surpassed my expectations by a ton. The difference I see is that the Kid is not afriad to surround himself with the best possible coaching staff, while looking over his should worring about his job vs an old coach that appeared to be looking for the next scape goat knowing failure was just a season away.

Mike Shanahan did a great job in the past and I am glad he was here to get us our first Superbowl rings, But I am now excited about our new head coach and looking forward to what the future holds for every Denver Bronco fan.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #15
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
It's one or the other, TJ! There is no in between!

Camp 1: Shanahan haters who were glad to get rid of Cutler. Get their rocks off by bumping threads from the offseason when people were saying that we weren't going to do well this year. McDaniels for life!

Camp 2: Shanahan lovers who are secretly pissed that the Broncos are doing well, and jerk off to Cutler Highlights before crying themselves to sleep every night.

ONE OR THE OTHER! THERE IS NOTHING ELSE!!!
Then we have camp 3: b****es that think they are better than everyone else.... yet they sit on the fence and do not take any stance except about others making a post. Choice 3 is the most unproductive and most biotch like on the orangemane... Kind of like a spineless jellyfish
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:18 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Looks like Meck was successful in getting some bickering going.

Awesome!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:43 AM   #17
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What I see thus far is that the 09 Broncos are winning with the players Shanny drafted. Everyone is fawining and jacked about Doom's play....but who drafted Doom? It certainly wasn't Josh McDaniels. Seems to me a WR drafted by Shanny in the 4th round a view years back caught the winning TD yesterday. Last time I checked, it was Shanny's drafted Offensive Line that has played a large role in McDaniel's starting of the 09 season 4-0!

Just saying.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 AM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
I think that if Shanahan had hired the RIGHT defensive coordinator rather than all the ones he DID over the past 5 years, he'd still be our coach.
Yep imagine if Shanny had hired "Mike Nolan" at the end of the season in 08! Imagine the 09 Defense with the 08 offense with Cutler as QB....we would have seen a return of the 96, 97, 98 Broncos!!!

Oh well destiny is a biiiitch and things happen for reason.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 AM   #19
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:

Awesome!
Gee, not like you ever started some **** either huh?
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:19 AM   #20
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Awesome!
Oh come on TJ, it's a legitimate topic. What, we can't discuss the last 10 years of Shanahan, just '97 & '98?

The team had grown stale over the past few years, but your undying devotion to all things Shanahan/Cutler clouded that perpsective.

IMO, no way are we 4-0 at this point with the unholy alliance that was Shanahan/Cutler/Slowik. No way. Teams that supposedly don't count, like the Browns and Raiders, gave us our fill last year. This year, we're dominating teams like that.

Not every thread that is critical of your sacred cows are meant to be inflammatory.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #21
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
What I see thus far is that the 09 Broncos are winning with the players Shanny drafted. Everyone is fawining and jacked about Doom's play....but who drafted Doom? It certainly wasn't Josh McDaniels. Seems to me a WR drafted by Shanny in the 4th round a view years back caught the winning TD yesterday. Last time I checked, it was Shanny's drafted Offensive Line that has played a large role in McDaniel's starting of the 09 season 4-0!

Just saying.
Yeah, thank goodness Shanahan brought in guys like Buckhalter, Moreno and Dawkins.

Amazing how this team went 24-24 the last three years with the greatest coach that ever lived, who had the greatest young QB that ever lived.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #22
Meck77
Google Blows

Taco it was a serious topic. I added the Bronco Betty bit to add some humor to it. Besides Taco if you haven't noticed Shanny is not a Bronco. Pat Bowlen IS the BRONCOS. I think most people have moved on by now and are excited we have a new coach. Apparently that rubbed you the wrong way.

Anyhow with each Broncos win it's becoming more and more apparent to me that Coach McDaniels is the real deal and we really were wasting our time with Mike Shanahan. Shanny couldn't field a defense to save his life and was prepared to give us more of the same.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 AM   #23
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
Gee, not like you ever started some **** either huh?
Oh Snap!
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:31 AM   #24
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Quote:

Awesome!
Look in the mirror Issac... oh ya I forgot you house has no mirrors.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:37 AM   #25
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Quote:
The short answer is yes, I still believe in him.

The long answer is I never believed in him as a personel guy on the D side of the ball. I had hopes with the vast number of picks he had amassed this past year, and the space available on the cap that he could put together a serviceable defensive unit to couple with an outstanding, explosive young offense that I thought was capable of winning championships. But no matter what he did (particularly with Slowick at his side) he would never have produced the D we are seeing on the field now. As a result, while I think it was a mistake to fire a tenured coach with his proven track record of winning and being able to win the big one, and hire a young untested HC with a completely different philosophy to restructure all aspects of the team, I am very happy with the results. Even happier than I would have been had Shanny remained, though I think this was a risky way to get there with far more pitfalls than upside.

If I were a restructuring team, I would be very interested in Shanahan, but only as HC. I would make sure there was a strong willed DC to offset some of his inadequacies on that side of the ball, and a GM who he would have to deal with. It would also help if the team he were going to already had an effective D in place, leaving Mike to rebuild the O. His stock might be falling a bit with each win, but it was VERY high to begin with. There are many teams out there who will take a chance on a guy that will go to the HOF.

Edited addition: I would hire Betty first though, as she would obviously scare the players into better performance with her curse ladden rants, and that is one hot mama.
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote