The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default BRANDON MARSHALL Is BACK!

Save your idiocy, those who want to call him an idiot, flava clown, etc. Just save it. I get it, you tools hate everybody who doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to.

But #15 is back, and the world needs to take notice.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

At least I was right about this team needing Marshall to help win games.

Anyone who thought he was trying to drop passes and dog it once the RS started has an agenda.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

See my new avatar note. If we get avs back I will try to think up a new one
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #4
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Save your idiocy, those who want to call him an idiot, flava clown, etc. Just save it. I get it, you tools hate everybody who doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to.

But #15 is back, and the world needs to take notice.
Wow, are you serious? "Doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to"? What a load of bull****. Marshall imploded this off season. He acted like a spoiled little baby, costing him precious time with the new Offense. If he wasn't such a gigantic **** up it wouldn't have taken him until week four to be "back". In fact, if he worked at his job as hard as he threw his tantrums there would have been nothing to bounce back from.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #5
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
At least I was right about this team needing Marshall to help win games.

Anyone who thought he was trying to drop passes and dog it once the RS started has an agenda.
I was almost hoping that he was doing it on purpose because I didn't want to believe he was that stupid and that lazy. Turns out I was wrong. He is that stupid and he is that lazy.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Amazing play that probably no one else in the NFL could have made. That is all.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #7
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!

.......as much as tebonites

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
Wow, are you serious? "Doesn't shuck and jive the way you want them to"? What a load of bull****. Marshall imploded this off season. He acted like a spoiled little baby, costing him precious time with the new Offense. If he wasn't such a gigantic **** up it wouldn't have taken him until week four to be "back". In fact, if he worked at his job as hard as he threw his tantrums there would have been nothing to bounce back from.

QFT.

He still needs 2790 attaboys to negate the aw****s on his "resume".
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:16 PM   #8
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
I like you Listo but if you base Marshall's attitude on production then I wonder what you think about Royal.

Fact is none of the WR's are tearing it up this year becuase our QB struggles to get them the ball.

We lose despite a great D performance if Marshall doesn't make 2 great catches and bails out his QB today.

Broncos are 4 - 0, the good thing is that they have lots of room for improvement on O.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I need a pic of him hugging McDaniels. No homo that was awesome.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

BMARSH IS A BEAST...EnD thread
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:18 PM   #11
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...ess-conference

"Forget all that off the field stuff...I went to Brandon Stokely and I said 'How can I be great? What makes Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson great?' and he said 'You gotta take advantage of that deep ball.'"
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeckbeard View Post
I need a pic of him hugging McDaniels. No homo that was awesome.
no doubt...

that hug was the best off the field thing i've seen all year...

hopefully it builds from there...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #13
rubaiyat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was almost hoping that he was doing it on purpose because I didn't want to believe he was that stupid and that lazy. Turns out I was wrong. He is that stupid and he is that lazy.
Stupid certainly, but what made him lazy? Been busy so haven't been able to keep up with all the drama of this offseason.
rubaiyat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
I like you Listo but if you base Marshall's attitude on production then I wonder what you think about Royal.

Fact is none of the WR's are tearing it up this year becuase our QB struggles to get them the ball.

We lose despite a great D performance if Marshall doesn't make 2 great catches and bails out his QB today.

Broncos are 4 - 0, the good thing is that they have lots of room for improvement on O.
I'm saying that Marshall's preseason behavior had a negative impact on his play. He obviously played poorly at the beginning of the season. At the time I couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose, if it was just a continuation of his childish behavior.

Now he's playing better. Could be that he's starting to overcome his self-inflicted loss of practice time. Could be that he's finally over his tantrum. Could be that he had a hard time getting the mental part of this Offense. Could be a combination of those three things and more that I'm unaware of.

One thing for sure: The people like me who "called him out" for his ****ty play did it for one reason-he was playing ****ty. It had nothing to do with his ethnicity and it's douchebaggery/dumbassery to imply that it was. Just a really stupid opening post.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:30 PM   #15
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubaiyat View Post
Stupid certainly, but what made him lazy? Been busy so haven't been able to keep up with all the drama of this offseason.

Did you see the infamous practice video? He also just pulled up and stopped on routes earlier in the year, and generally gave a lackluster effort when he was on the field.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #16
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

That play was a thing of beauty....awesome YAC.

That is the portion of B-Marsh's game that gives him the potential to be one of the best in the league.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
I'm saying that Marshall's preseason behavior had a negative impact on his play. He obviously played poorly at the beginning of the season. At the time I couldn't tell if he was doing it on purpose, if it was just a continuation of his childish behavior.

Now he's playing better. Could be that he's starting to overcome his self-inflicted loss of practice time. Could be that he's finally over his tantrum. Could be that he had a hard time getting the mental part of this Offense. Could be a combination of those three things and more that I'm unaware of.
So what is Royal's problem and where was Stokely today?

I need to rewatch the game but I don't remember seeing what WR's were in what formations other than Royal, Marshall and Gaffney.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #19
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

My opinion of brandon is still on hold lets see if he can string a few games of good play then i will say hes back and say throw money at him yes he had an amazing play tof=day and yes it was clutch.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #20
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Seeing this, seeing how bad it was, and how much the situation has improved, no doubt Josh should get mad credit
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:45 PM   #21
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronx33 View Post
My opinion of brandon is still on hold lets see if he can string a few games of good play then i will say hes back and say throw money at him yes he had an amazing play tof=day and yes it was clutch.
I think Marshall made Orton a lot better today than he was. Royal could not do that and the ball wasn't anywhere near Gaffney so he could try to make Orton better either.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I need to rewatch the game but I don't remember seeing what WR's were in what formations other than Royal, Marshall and Gaffney.
Stokley was out for today's game wasn't he?

And Royal is too often the primary target of opposing defenses, largely thanks to Marshall's off-field antics this pre-season. As teams find the need to respect Marshall more and Royal gets more comfortable in the offense he'll get his.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #23
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:

From the games I've gotten to watch Royal is putting out the effort but not always able to get open. It seems to me that teams are keying on him more. Other than that I'd say Royal is the one who is hurting most from Orton's throws as opposed to Cutler's. Royal is really, really good at getting wide open for brief flashes. He has such great body control and comes out of his breaks so fluidly, but Orton doesn't take those gunslinger chances like Cutler did. I don't know if Orton can't gun it in there or won't, but it's not happening and I've seen too many plays where Royal gets open but he's covered by the time the ball gets there. I think he's also struggled a bit with the O, I've seen him break into coverage when there were open spots to go to.

I think Stokely has been effective in spots because he runs routes so well and he has great hands. Orton knows where he is supposed to be ahead of time so he's throwing to that spot before Stokely gets there. Stokely runs his route right to the ball and, if we're lucky, gets some nice RAC. I don't know why he wasn't effective today. My stream was intermittent so I'm going to have to watch a d/l version of the game when I can.

I think with Gaffney it's familiarity and route running, and he's also been somewhat effective this year.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:53 PM   #24
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Seeing this, seeing how bad it was, and how much the situation has improved, no doubt Josh should get mad credit
Yeah, absolutely.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #25
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?

BRONCOS WR BRANDON MARSHALL

On his game-winning touchdown reception
"We kind of been looking for that look all game. It came down to a crucial moment of the game and they gave it to us, and we took advantage of it."
On Dallas' defensive alignment on his game-winning touchdown reception
"Again, hats off to (Head) Coach (Josh McDaniels). He does a great job of preparing us for situational football, and that was a situation where we knew what personnel was on the field and what they do with that personnel. Before we even came out of the huddle, me and (QB) Kyle (Orton) were on the same page and we took advantage of it."
On if he now believes in McDaniels
"You never heard me say anything (bad) about him coaching or what he brings to the organization. Coach does a great job of preparing us and getting us in the right position and just getting our team going every day."
On his emotions following his game-winning touchdown reception
"It probably was one of my most emotional plays ever since little league, and I had a bunch of them. I am just grateful that we were able to capitalize on that look."
On how he feels after his difficulties prior to the season
"I feel good. I think the guys in the locker room and just the people around the organization embraced me and have just been there for me."
On when he realized he would score during his game-winning touchdown reception
"As soon as I caught it and I hit the middle of the field, I thought I had a chance to score, but the big body wasn't fast enough so I had to make some cuts to get to the end zone."
On his vision during his game-winning touchdown reception
"I saw big (TE) Daniel Graham out there, and it is always good to run behind the big body. Hats off to Daniel for just being downfield and hustling and making a block. That is something that he brings to our team just working all the time on each play."
On the receivers getting involved in the passing game late in the contest
"Coach (McDaniels) preaches all the time just about staying in the game. There are going to be some plays where we don't capitalize off of it. As long as it comes down to the fourth quarter, we pride ourselves on playing situational football. That situation came up and we took advantage of it."
On his emotion during Dallas' final drive
"Going back to Pop Warner, I have made a bunch of plays like that that really didn't mean anything because we ended up losing the game or something like that happened like if (Dallas QB Tony) Romo would have scored and gone into overtime. Hats off to the defense for standing up and making a big play going in and know the situation. We knew that their two-minute offense is one of the best in the business. I think the defense did a great job of just holding up."
On finally being involved in the offense
"I never complained about not being involved in the offense. I think when you take a new coaching staff and new players-it is almost a new team-it takes time to get that chemistry. You are not just going to get it over night. We still have a lot of work to do. I didn't expect to come into the season and put huge numbers. I just need to play my position and do my job, and everything will be alright."
On producing at a pivotal time in the game
"You pride yourself off of, the great players-actually, I went to (WR) Brandon Stokley and I said, ‘How can I be great? Forget about the stuff off the field. How can I be great? What makes (Arizona WR Larry) Fitzgerald and (Texans WR) Andre Johnson great? He said you have got to take advantage of that deep ball. I got an opportunity today and was grateful that I made a play on it."
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote