The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is it possible to be a fan of a team while disagreeing with decisions they make?
Yes 128 88.89%
No 1 0.69%
I don't get it 4 2.78%
Not fair, only us "real fans" should be allowed to create threads right now 11 7.64%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Default Just to clear something up...

It's pretty simple:
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2009, 08:32 PM   #2
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Of course it is.....It just makes you that much more of an idiot for thinking you know more than people who are paid millions to manage billion dollar businesses.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #3
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAT View Post
Of course it is.....It just makes you that much more of an idiot for thinking you know more than people who are paid millions to manage billion dollar businesses.
.......... rodknockers bro
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

yes. that is different then coming on here and calling people who agree with the team homers and idiots because we have better **** to do than whine about how bad they will be. this is ENTERTAINMENT, it is here for us to enjoy, why is yelling and screaming all the time about how bad they will be make it fun for you at all?

being a fan of the team does not HOPE for failure so you see the head coach fail and get fired, nor is it being ridiculous like jhns and trying to downplay every win we get by saying it wasnt good enough becasue teh teams we beat werent good enough. its ****ing stupid, sit back and try to enjoy it, at the end of the day you cannot change anything. leave that to the professionals, not the armchair GMs such as yourself.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #5
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'd say yeah.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #6
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
yes. that is different then coming on here and calling people who agree with the team homers and idiots because we have better **** to do than whine about how bad they will be. this is ENTERTAINMENT, it is here for us to enjoy, why is yelling and screaming all the time about how bad they will be make it fun for you at all?

being a fan of the team does not HOPE for failure so you see the head coach fail and get fired, nor is it being ridiculous like jhns and trying to downplay every win we get by saying it wasnt good enough becasue teh teams we beat werent good enough. its ****ing stupid, sit back and try to enjoy it, at the end of the day you cannot change anything. leave that to the professionals, not the armchair GMs such as yourself.
It really sucks being nice to you cause we are on the same side on this issue .........
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:47 PM   #7
HEAV
Ring of Famer

It's about the Team

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

The is a difference in disagreeing with moves and flat out being a douche about the coach/owner and direction of the team.

I wasn't a McDaniels fan during the interview process, but I excepted the hiring and looked forward to see what would happen.

But for some people on here Bowlen could have hired Jesus and they still would have hated him...

It's one thing to say that you don't agree with a move, it's another thing when you start filling the board with post of name calling and repeated bashing of the moves.

To me fans are allowed to disagree with team transactions and coaching. But when you start to hate the team... might be time to move on.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What?

Old 09-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by McChamp View Post
What?

What, What?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post
The is a difference in disagreeing with moves and flat out being a douche about the coach/owner and direction of the team.

I wasn't a McDaniels fan during the interview process, but I excepted the hiring and looked forward to see what would happen.

But for some people on here Bowlen could have hired Jesus and they still would have hated him...

It's one thing to say that you don't agree with a move, it's another thing when you start filling the board with post of name calling and repeated bashing of the moves.

To me fans are allowed to disagree with team transactions and coaching. But when you start to hate the team... might be time to move on.
Exactly!! Obviously not everyone is going to agree with every move made. Voice your opinion a couple of times and be done with it. There is no need to voice your displeasure in every thread, it's beyond annoying!! It got to a point where i had to put a few people on ignore because every post was the same **** on a different day!

Last edited by maher_tyler; 09-30-2009 at 09:05 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #11
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post

If you were called an idiot or were verbally pushed around, maybe it has more to do with the way you composed yourself than your stance on the coaching staff/organization.

Do you honestly think ANYONE on this board was pissed off after Stokely's miracle catch? And who are you to tell someone how they should enjoy something? Tell you what. Get yourself a time machine and go to detroit immediately after the 2005 draft and tell them to stop meddling in the affairs of richer and smarter people.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #12
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Quote:
What?

The people who made the ABOVE decision are greedy/stupid/losers, they have made very few good decisions in the history of their franchise. They counted their dollars as the career of one of the NFL's best backs was gradually wasted away. Where do we start on Millen's lack of experience ...

As for the above question, people CAN disagree, but it's when one someone fails or refuses to see the other party's point of view ... it gets ugly!
IMO - your "fandom" should DEFINITELY be questioned if you continually argue with people during the off-season and pre-season.
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:21 PM   #13
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
What?

Thank you for proving my point. Every single decision Millen made was better than you, I, or any dumb ass NFL message board poster could've come up with.

Sorry to burst your bubble there Champ.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 PM   #14
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
If you were called an idiot or were verbally pushed around, maybe it has more to do with the way you composed yourself than your stance on the coaching staff/organization.

Do you honestly think ANYONE on this board was pissed off after Stokely's miracle catch? And who are you to tell someone how they should enjoy something? Tell you what. Get yourself a time machine and go to detroit immediately after the 2005 draft and tell them to stop meddling in the affairs of richer and smarter people.
by the way some people post about how this team still sucks or whatever they are spewing about now, its hard to say that everyone wanted stokely to make that TD given how they talk about the team.

theres a difference between 5 seasons of patheticness and a coach who, at the time of all the b****ing, had never coached a single game in his life and brought in a new and different type of team and attitude that the people here arent used to. instead of embracing it to see how it turns out, what did they do? b****, moan and cry to anyone who would listen.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #15
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Exactly!! Obviously not everyone is going to agree with every move made. Voice your opinion a couple of times and be done with it. There is no need to voice your displeasure in every thread, it's beyond annoying!! It got to a point where i had to put a few people on ignore because every post was the same **** on a different day!
This really was my only issue.

It wasn't that people disagree'd with my views on whatever situation, its that said people just kept harping on it and harping on it and harping on it. Same ****ing thing, every post, every thread, every day.

Mock, rasta, jhns, colonelbeef and a few other douches I put on ignore. Probably just temporary, but I really dont care to read their posts. Its the same ****. Conversely, there were a few that escaped ignore, but thats merely because they are some truly old skool posters. Blueflame, SoCal, broncosteven, et.al. whom I figured deserved a little leeway.

I was on record as being against the McDaniels hiring. I am also on record as being wrong about it. I thought McD was an offensive minded guy and wouldn't fix the defense but he knew EXACTLY WHO to hire and WHAT needed to be done on defense to get us better NOW. Offensively its a work in progress but that IS to be expected with the circumstances.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 PM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Thank you for proving my point. Every single decision Millen made was better than you, I, or any dumb ass NFL message board poster could've come up with.

Sorry to burst your bubble there Champ.
I personally think that you're point got pretty well demolished, but congratulations on being the first guy I ever met who didn't believe he was at least as competent as Matt Millen.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #17
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I personally think that you're point got pretty well demolished, but congratulations on being the first guy I ever met who didn't believe he was at least as competent as Matt Millen.
I was hoping someone would take that bait.

The first? Wow. So let me get this straight.....

You think you are (or could be) as competent of an NFL GM as Matt Millen?
So what's stopping you?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #18
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

You can disagree with the direction of the team, of course. I disagreed with trading Cutler and the asset management during the draft, just as most Bronco fans did. Though I never hated on McDaniels to the point that I was hoping for him to fail, and there are, beyond a doubt, people so butt hurt over the Cutler trade that they do want McDaniels and Orton (and by extension, the Broncos) to fail. I've never been that into idea that being a true blue fan is something pure and noble, but I don't get fans that get so angry that they want people who need to succeed for the team to succeed to fail. When your anger takes you that far, what's the point of being a fan?
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:

So what's stopping you?

What team did Matt Millen play for?
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 PM   #20
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:

So what's stopping you?
You thought that movie where Whoopi Goldberg becomes head coach of the Knicks was realistic, did you?
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:32 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
You thought that movie where Whoopi Goldberg becomes head coach of the Knicks was realistic, did you?
I've looked on helpwanted.com for years and still they haven't listed any NFL HC openings nor GM openings.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:43 PM   #22
GoBroncos DownUnder
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
AJ Smith!

Maybe Millen could be a GM for the UFC?

Matt Millen pic
GoBroncos DownUnder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #23
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEAV View Post

i agree completely. i didn't like some of the moves made this season. but there was no chance in hell i was going to root for the team to lose so new moves that i might agree with would be made. i didn't like McDaniels and for awhile after the Cutler trade, hated his guts, but as long as he coached in Denver, i was hoping he would kick the leagues ass and prove me wrong on my disagreements with his choices.

i don't agree with everything my team does, but at the end of the day, i hope every move pans out and we are better for it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

News flash - We are all human beings and we live on the planet Earth.

We all have our own opinions. We all view things in different ways. Our thoughts do not coincide with everyone else’s. And none of us really know the absolute truth behind any of our opinions. Although we all think that "my opinion is fact". And it may be, at least for ourselves. If you have 100% faith in something then maybe it makes it true, for you. But the guy next to you can come into the same exact scenario for himself with the exact opposite opinion of yours. In our current state as humans there is a right and left for everything. But that doesn't mean one side is right and the other wrong. All it really means is that we have free will to observe, judge and make our own decisions that are based off of our own beliefs.

And now the funny part is we get so attached to our own opinions that when someone strongly disagrees with them we feel like our sense of self is being violated. And we must defend ourselves and make the other person see the "real truth".

"Opinions are like buttholes, everyone has one, most of them stink and nobody wants to hear yours."

Seriously though people, we all need to calm down around here. It is so ridiculous to get worked up over someone else’s opinion. People believe what they believe, this has no effect on you. That is unless you let it bother you. For every opinion that you have, there is going to be someone that thinks the opposite. This is the world we live in, so accept that and chill the **** out!!
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #25
HAT

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
What team did Matt Millen play for?
WTF does Millen playing for the raiders have to do with anything?

The premise of the thread is:

"Can you disagree with MANAGMENT decisions and still be a fan?"

The answer is clearly and overwhelmingly YES.

My sidebar to that was simply that just because we as fans disagree...We are doing it from the OUTSIDE looking in. And if you think you know more than the people that are actually in charge of running billion dollar franchises, than you are in fact an idiot.

My biggest problem the past few years with Denver Bronco Mgt. was that they kept Stale-ahan around about 2 years too long. Was I still a fan in 2007? YES. Did I know more than Bronco Mgt. (read: Bowlen)? NO!

Are you guys seriously trying to make a case that any given O'mane poster knows more about managing a billion dollar NFL franchise than the people that actually do?

Wow...Can I have my ban back?