The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #751
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post


Let me make this simple. "Yes we can! Change" is not working.

As a result QE without end is underway. This has negative effects on the paper you keep in the bank. Those with large quantities of paper are at risk of holding paper and need to put it somewhere. If you have enough paper, real estate, business that cash flows, stocks, bonds etc people savy investors turn to gold on dips. See the charts today as the markets call out more BS from the fed.

Buy the dips. Another just happened. You might even consider locking in some of your precious profits and protect some of your wealth/family.

Blame the GOP blame who you want. I don't really care. We will soon be pushing 17 trillion in debt and their is a VERY clear relationship between the US debt and the price of gold/the value of the DXY. The true owners play this game on a huge scale.
And for those people without the expendable funds to invest?

**** em, right?

"I'm safe! I got up here, guys...I'm pulling up the ladder!"
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #752
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
And for those people without the expendable funds to invest?

**** em, right?

"I'm safe! I got up here, guys...I'm pulling up the ladder!"
No idea what you do or your situation is.

I'm a firm believer in working for one self but it's not for everyone. Employees are basically there to build shareholder value and the shareholders job is to figure out how to fire you to help the bottom. It's a sad reality. The outcome for an employee is never good unless you have a chance to be an equity holder IMO.

Beyond that it's tackling debt. Beyond that it's your basic investments. You can play the bullion trend with paper. Pick up some poor mans gold SLV. Get your feet wet. Heck lunch will cost you more than SLV right now.

Or you put your hope on Obama to help you.

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 02:12 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #753
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
No idea what you do or your situation is.

I'm a firm believer in working for one self but it's not for everyone. Employees are basically there to build shareholder value and the shareholders job is to figure out how to fire you to help the bottom. It's a sad reality. The outcome for an employee is never good unless you have a chance to be an equity holder IMO.

Beyond that it's tackling debt. Beyond that it's your basic investments. You can play the bullion trend with paper. Pick up some poor mans gold SLV. Get your feet wet. Heck lunch will cost you more than SLV right now.

Or you put your hope on Obama to help you.

There are a lot of ways to skin a cat.
Add "borrow money from your parents to start a business" to that list, Mitt.

It's obvious you've never known true financial hardship. I don't have to know what you do or what your situation is to realize that.

For some people, these are just not options.

**** 'em.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #754
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Add "borrow money from your parents to start a business" to that list, Mitt.

It's obvious you've never known true financial hardship. I don't have to know what you do or what your situation is to realize that.

For some people, these are just not options.

**** 'em.
I believe the human potential is what you think it is.

Dude...there are tons of resources online and on facebook for start up money. I'm going to a start up meeting tomorrow. I'm basically going as a shark to listen to ideas and maybe guide one along.

If you can't even think of an idea you are right. You are hopeless. If you have one and look for resources they are out there.

It's free to dream. Sadly you just killed yours in one post.

As far as hardship. My first business was like 4th grade. Sold candy out of my Broncos style duffle bag. Had everybody's lunch money by noon. Even did some loans. Often had a roll of $1.00 bills that was several inches thick. My family had some roller coasters growing up but always had food on the table.


The system is really controlled by the owners but even a little guy can own a speck of the pie.

Seriously though if you have some ideas I can point you in the right direction. The TV shark tank has really created a lot of new avenues for people to bring their ideas to market.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 03:25 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #755
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I believe the human potential is what you think it is.

Dude...there are tons of resources online and on facebook for start up money. I'm going to a start up meeting tomorrow. I'm basically going as a shark to listen to ideas and maybe guide one along.

If you can't even think of an idea you are right. You are hopeless. If you have one and look for resources they are out there.

It's free to dream. Sadly you just killed yours in one post.

As far as hardship. My first business was like 4th grade. Sold candy out of my Broncos style duffle bag. Had everybody's lunch money by noon. Even did some loans. Often had a roll of $1.00 bills that was several inches thick. My family had some roller coasters growing up but always had food on the table.


The system is really controlled by the owners but even a little guy can own a speck of the pie.

Seriously though if you have some ideas I can point you in the right direction. The TV shark tank has really created a lot of new avenues for people to bring their ideas to market.
Where did you get the idea this is about me?

I am speaking about people who are wondering where the money for rent or utilities or even their next meal is coming from...and you're talking about starting a business. Jesus...how out of touch are you?

As far as me? dude you haven't been paying attention. I haven't worked a day in almost two years. I voluntarily left my job after years of slaving away and I'd do it again. However, we obviously come from WAY different backgrounds, because your pie in the sky thinking not only isn't realistic, many of the people with financial problems such as those would be offended for you to suggest they start a business when they can't make ends meet in the first place.

This is the exact sort of thinking that cost Romney the presidency. You have no clue what real need or hardship is, nor do you realize just how vast the chasm between the rich and the poor is.

Go watch Shark Tank. I'm sure it gives you a chubby thinking about all that money there is out there...you just live in a world that most of the rest of the world doesn't.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #756
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I haven't worked a day in almost two years.
Can't imagine hanging out in a football forum on daily basis while not working for two years. *shrug*

I'm certainly out of touch with that type of lifestyle. You might just be in the wrong thread. The thread title is about investing. If you are in survival mode how could you relate to what I'm saying. Sorry to hear that.

Life is what you make it houghtam. There are no coincidences.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #757
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Can't imagine hanging out in a football forum on daily basis while not working for two years. *shrug*

I'm certainly out of touch with that type of lifestyle. You might just be in the wrong thread. The thread title is about investing. If you are in survival mode how could you relate to what I'm saying. Sorry to hear that.

Life is what you make it houghtam. There are no coincidences.


Did you miss the part where it's voluntary?

I would think with all your big business dreams, "early retirement" would at least be on your radar. Some people dream big, some dream small.

Keep watching Shark Tank, bud! Keep up hope for that million dollar idea! I'm doin' juuuuuust fiiiiiine.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #758
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post


Did you miss the part where it's voluntary?

I would think with all your big business dreams, "early retirement" would at least be on your radar. Some people dream big, some dream small.

Keep watching Shark Tank, bud! Keep up hope for that million dollar idea! I'm doin' juuuuuust fiiiiiine.
I enjoy working and working on innovative ideas. Well mr retirement then buying big blocks of gold should be easy for you.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:27 PM   #759
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I enjoy working and working on innovative ideas. Well mr retirement then buying big blocks of gold should be easy for you.
Should be, but money doesn't motivate me anymore. And it's definitely not an option for much of the country.

You need to get out more, bud.

And I probably should have used the word "retirement", as I suppose caring for two kids is a full time job of sorts. But, suffice it to say, I shouldn't have to work another day in my life if I don't want to. If another company lures me back after my kids start school, I'll entertain their offer...but the 80 hour weeks are long gone for this guy.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #760
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Ok dude you went from debating I'm out of touch and you suddenly become young and retired who doesn't need money or work. Anyway dude football is on. Have a good one.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #761
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Ok dude you went from debating I'm out of touch and you suddenly become young and retired who doesn't need money or work. Anyway dude football is on. Have a good one.
Is that what you took out of this conversation? Here, let me recap:

Quote:
Fedaykin - "We can't default on debt already accrued."

Meck - "Invest!"

Hough - "What about the millions of poor who cannot afford to invest?"

Meck - "Okay well, pay off debts, THEN invest."

Hough - "There are a lot of people for whom that is not an option. You apparently have never experienced it yourself."

Meck - "You're poor aren't you?"

Hough - "No, I'm doing fine, but there are millions who aren't. What about them?"

Meck - "Man, your life must suck. Unemployed much?"

Hough - "I repeat, I'm fine. But there are millions who aren't. What about them?"

Meck - "Then you should invest!"
And it wasn't a debate. You are out of touch. Do some research. There are millions who are hurting in this country; News Flash: it's not because they're good-for-nothing deadbeat leeches, and for them, "pay off your debts" isn't an answer, let alone an option.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #762
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Ok let's recap. Our country is buried in debt. While countries like China and Russia are stock piling gold we are stacking up debt. QE is not working. We can't stop QE because it's not working. Jobs are not being created to allow QE to be tappered like the fed has been wanting to do. Obviously defaulting on our debt is not a good option. Neither is raising the debt ceiling but our country is not lowering expenses nor is there the revenue growth to keep us from raising the debt limit. The plan is just not working.

The idea of investing in gold is certainly not for the poor. Investing in general can't be done unless someone has control of their debts. There are instruments that do allow people hedge what money they have against the decline in the DXY aks US $. The massive amount of QE=Quantitative easing inevitably decreases the value of the dollar.

As far as you not working. That's your own personal business.

I disagree that someone can't climb from poverty with the right ambition with a little help. I'm spending two days in a room full of people from all walks of life and they are going in there because they have an idea and they need people to help facilitate them. Pretty exciting if you ask me. Work? I'm not sure if you call that work. Money is a by-product of work. If you do what you love the money just follows. Work isn't about money for me either.

One has to convert paper into something to minimize risk. Stocks? Real estate? Something to protect one's buying power against inflation and dollar devaluation.

As far as the masses go. Your derogatory words not mine. Sadly they apparently voted for Obama thinking they were going to get someone who cares about them. Total BS. See video I posted "George Carlin" rant on the "It's quiet around here thread". It pretty much explains our situation as a country.

Most everything is controlled by the big owners. The scraps are left for the rest. If you are going to fight for scraps you mine as well own the scraps instead of working for the big owners and get fired for profits or in your own words "Slave away 80 hours per week"

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 07:31 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #763
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

You must have missed this link on what QE is actually doing: http://www.nbcnews.com/business/hedg...ich-4B11199524
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:56 PM   #764
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 54,427

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Ok let's recap. Our country is buried in debt. While countries like China and Russia are stock piling gold we are stacking up debt. QE is not working. We can't stop QE because it's not working. Jobs are not being created to allow QE to be tappered like the fed has been wanting to do. Obviously defaulting on our debt is not a good option. Neither is raising the debt ceiling but our country is not lowering expenses nor is there the revenue growth to keep us from raising the debt limit. The plan is just not working.

The idea of investing in gold is certainly not for the poor. Investing in general can't be done unless someone has control of their debts. There are instruments that do allow people hedge what money they have against the decline in the DXY aks US $. The massive amount of QE=Quantitative easing inevitably decreases the value of the dollar.

As far as you not working. That's your own personal business.

I disagree that someone can't climb from poverty with the right ambition with a little help. I'm spending two days in a room full of people from all walks of life and they are going in there because they have an idea and they need people to help facilitate them. Pretty exciting if you ask me. Work? I'm not sure if you call that work. Money is a by-product of work. If you do what you love the money just follows. Work isn't about money for me either.

One has to convert paper into something to minimize risk. Stocks? Real estate? Something to protect one's buying power against inflation and dollar devaluation.

As far as the masses go. Your derogatory words not mine. Sadly they apparently voted for Obama thinking they were going to get someone who cares about them. Total BS. See video I posted "George Carlin" rant on the "It's quiet around here thread". It pretty much explains our situation as a country.

Most everything is controlled by the big owners. The scraps are left for the rest. If you are going to fight for scraps you mine as well own the scraps instead of working for the big owners and get fired for profits or in your own words "Slave away 80 hours per week"
Are you really this lacking in sensitivity? Why isn't everybody an investor? Why isn't everybody an entrepreneur? It's no different than asking, why isn't everybody a musician? Why isn't everybody an athlete? In a real, non-fantastical society, there are people who take your bags at the airport, check your ticket, and fly the plane. There are people who serve your food in a restaurant and people who cook it. There are people who fix your street if the water main breaks. There are people who drive the school bus. There are people who put out fires. Should I go on? The list is almost infinite.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #765
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,759
Default

Back to Gold ..I still say we see $1K gold before $2K gold.

Oh and the spread on Savanah State is pretty attractive this weekend as well.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #766
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Are you really this lacking in sensitivity? Why isn't everybody an investor? Why isn't everybody an entrepreneur? It's no different than asking, why isn't everybody a musician? Why isn't everybody an athlete? In a real, non-fantastical society, there are people who take your bags at the airport, check your ticket, and fly the plane. There are people who serve your food in a restaurant and people who cook it. There are people who fix your street if the water main breaks. There are people who drive the school bus. There are people who put out fires. Should I go on? The list is almost infinite.
The thread is about investing. See title. At the end of the day all of those fields have one thing in common. They get paid in paper. Each of has to decide where that paper goes. Call it what you want. Spending or investing. You can hand it to your credit card company, you can hand it to your landlord, fight interest on a mortgage loan, buy a midget stripper or you can hand it to a bullion broker.

Lol @ Ak.....Thanks for keeping the thread on track.


On second thought. I'll tell you what's insensitive. This idea that houghtam presented that people are too helpless to break out of the cycle of poverty. Or the idea that street sweepers, servers, or firefighters are not investors trying to secure their future and retirement. Who isn't?

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 09:21 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #767
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
The thread is about investing. See title. At the end of the day all of those fields have one thing in common. They get paid in paper. Each of has to decide where that paper goes. Call it what you want. Spending or investing. You can hand it to your credit card company, you can hand it to your landlord, fight interest on a mortgage loan, buy a midget stripper or you can hand it to a bullion broker.

Lol @ Ak.....Thanks for keeping the thread on track.


On second thought. I'll tell you what's insensitive. This idea that houghtam presented that people are too helpless to break out of the cycle of poverty. Or the idea that street sweepers, servers, or firefighters are not investors trying to secure their future and retirement. Who isn't?
If you are really interested in the answer to this question, I encourage you to give up your savings and go live in Detroit for awhile. Then you'll know that pretty much everything you're pimping is bull**** to the vast majority of Americans.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #768
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
If you are really interested in the answer to this question, I encourage you to give up your savings and go live in Detroit for awhile. Then you'll know that pretty much everything you're pimping is bull**** to the vast majority of Americans.
Oh I've been there. Have family there. Spent many a summer there. I remember driving passed the miles of buildings where they actually use to manufacture things. Dad worked the assembly line there in the 50s.

What I'm pimping? I'm not pimping anything. Just a regular joe American trying to create a job. Too bad our government wasn't focused on the same thing. Instead the morons are pimping blowing up syria. That isn't over by a long shot. Yeah let's spend 500 million on tomahawks oh wait. We're facing a government shut down and there aren't the votes to go to war. Nevermind Putin. You handle it.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #769
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Oh I've been there. Have family there. Spent many a summer there. I remember driving passed the miles of buildings where they actually use to manufacture things. Dad worked the assembly line there in the 50s.

What I'm pimping? I'm not pimping anything. Just a regular joe American trying to create a job. Too bad our government wasn't focused on the same thing. Instead the morons are pimping blowing up syria. That isn't over by a long shot. Yeah let's spend 500 million on tomahawks oh wait. We're facing a government shut down and there aren't the votes to go to war. Nevermind Putin. You handle it.
My government? It's our government, bub. And my stance on military spending is well-documented.

Last edited by houghtam; 09-19-2013 at 09:57 PM..
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #770
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
My government? It's our government, bub. And my stance on military spending is well-documented.
It's clear you don't read what I type. I said our government.

Well it's been fun. Got to get some rest. 54 hr job creation jam session starting tomorrow and going til sunday night. Don't worry houghtam. Some of us are still trying and working. We got your back.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-19-2013 at 10:02 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #771
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
It's clear you don't read what I type. I said our government.

Well it's been fun. Got to get some rest. 54 hr job creation jam session starting tomorrow. Don't worry houghtam. Some of us are still trying. We got your back.
Yeah, have fun with all of those people from all different walks of life you invented. Doctors, lawyers, venture capitalists...I'm sure they're a diverse crowd.

houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #772
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Yeah, have fun with all of those people from all different walks of life you invented.
Have fun watching the paint dry.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #773
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,759
Default

Calling my shot again... Long DZZ this morning ... Gold is toast for the short term
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #774
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,647
Default

Noted AK. Good luck on your DZZ. Short term you might be right. I know you like the short term and short chicks. lol

Hey wait a second. Are you an investor? You must be out of touch with mainstream American if you are able to invest in DZZ!! Damn you!

One of these days I'll see you at a tailgate and one of us will be right. 1k or 2k! That is the question!
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #775
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Are you an investor? !
What I do should in no way be deemed investing. More like calculated idiocy
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Denver Broncos