The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #676
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg theend is far.jpg (78.2 KB, 57 views)
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #677
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Fear of reality. You're in denial if you believe the US Dollar will be the reserve currency forever, and Americans can continue to live beyond their means like they have for the last 70 years. Anything other than that will be the end of the world as Americans know it.
The difference though is that "some people" are imagining roving bands of mobs and a post-apocalyptic scene directly out of Hollywood. The US may fall, but it won't be out of the Top 5 for a very long time. Quality of life may no longer support two cars, a boat and a 3500 sq ft house, but it's definitely not going to necessitate a bunker, 5 years worth of beet seeds and 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

Infrastructure and interdependence are too firmly entrenched to let that happen unless the rest of the world goes through the same thing.

So unless an asteroid hits or Yellowstone blows up or a zombie apocalypse happens, the preppers (and the people who buy gold as a hedge against economic collapse) are just wasting their time and money.

If an asteroid does hit, then it will just be the gold buyers that look dumb.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #678
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
The difference though is that "some people" are imagining roving bands of mobs and a post-apocalyptic scene directly out of Hollywood. The US may fall, but it won't be out of the Top 5 for a very long time. Quality of life may no longer support two cars, a boat and a 3500 sq ft house, but it's definitely not going to necessitate a bunker, 5 years worth of beet seeds and 100,000 rounds of ammunition.

Infrastructure and interdependence are too firmly entrenched to let that happen unless the rest of the world goes through the same thing.

So unless an asteroid hits or Yellowstone blows up or a zombie apocalypse happens, the preppers (and the people who buy gold as a hedge against economic collapse) are just wasting their time and money.

If an asteroid does hit, then it will just be the gold buyers that look dumb.
Happiness and peace are a state of mind. Some people have chosen to live in an apocalpytic state of mind since the 60's.

"Oh the 60's were the glory years we will never be that free again"
"The 70's they were the best!"
"Y2k....hide!"
"9-11 this is the big one"
"2012!!!!"
"2014 this has to be it"

so on and so on......

All of a sudden 50 years passes you by and you never lived at peace.

If a nuclear bomb hit my house today I would care less because ya'll are going with me anyway.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #679
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Meck - what a bunch of BS. Baja has made it clear he enjoys life -- and I do as well

It's about waking up to reality --

The biggest problem now is mind control.

People are not aware of the true extent of government lying -- on a range of issues -- and when I say gov't I include corporate America.

The gov't now serves the too bigs. simple as that
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #680
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Fear of reality. You're in denial if you believe the US Dollar will be the reserve currency forever, and Americans can continue to live beyond their means like they have for the last 70 years. Anything other than that will be the end of the world as Americans know it.
I'm not the one who has issues dealing with reality. Baja envisions an apocalypse resulting in an agrarian society, which is not what the things you describe (which I don't dispute) would cause.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #681
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Meck - what a bunch of BS. Baja has made it clear he enjoys life -- and I do as well

It's about waking up to reality --

The biggest problem now is mind control.

People are not aware of the true extent of government lying -- on a range of issues -- and when I say gov't I include corporate America.

The gov't now serves the too bigs. simple as that
One cannot be at peace if they are in constant attack mode. How one interacts in this community is a reflection of life.

Anger and living in the past are wasted emotions/energy.

Who rules the world is irrelevant to ones personal inner peace.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-25-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:45 PM   #682
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
One cannot be at peace if they are in constant attack mode. How one interacts in this community is a reflection of life.

Anger and living in the past are wasted emotions/energy.

Who rules the world is irrelevant to ones personal inner peace.

Dude you crack me up - You really think you have a clue about my inner peace by reading a message board.

You have no clue about who I am. Hell you don't even understand the point of most of my posts. You think I hate the USA while in fact I am pointing out there is a takeover of the USA by sinister outside forces

Now lets see you post a pic of a lizard.

You're pretty dumb Meck.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #683
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Dude you crack me up - You really think you have a clue about my inner peace by reading a message board.

You have no clue about who I am. Hell you don't even understand the point of most of my posts. You think I hate the USA while in fact I am pointing out there is a takeover of the USA by sinister outside forces

Now lets see you post a pic of a lizard.

You're pretty dumb Meck.
No, he's pretty spot on, actually. "Sinister outside forces" would not affect your "inner peace" if you actually had any.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #684
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
No, he's pretty spot on, actually. "Sinister outside forces" would not affect your "inner peace" if you actually had any.
My only reason for posting what i do is in hopes of waking up people because if enough people wake up the worst case scenario can be avoided. It is so easy to stop this if enough people wake up. Consider my effort a public service. Either way I will be fine because I, like all humans, am not my body.

It is amazing how so many of you project your latent fears onto messengers like Mark and myself. It is guys like you and Meck that harbor latent fear of the future I warn about, You know it is coming, you feel it but you can't accept this reality because it's just too damn scary. That is why you can't allow yourself to see these things as they are even though they are in plain sight. Like Jack Nicholson said, "You can't handle the truth".

None the less I see it as my duty to try and enlighten you as to what is afoot.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:38 PM   #685
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
My only reason for posting what i do is in hopes of waking up people because if enough people wake up the worst case scenario can be avoided. It is so easy to stop this if enough people wake up. Consider my effort a public service. Either way I will be fine because I, like all humans, am not my body.

It is amazing how so many of you project your latent fears onto messengers like Mark and myself. It is guys like you and Meck that harbor latent fear of the future I warn about, You know it is coming, you feel it but you can't accept this reality because it's just too damn scary. That is why you can't allow yourself to see these things as they are even though they are in plain sight. Like Jack Nicholson said, "You can't handle the truth".

None the less I see it as my duty to try and enlighten you as to what is afoot.
You need to watch this vid: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...9&postcount=29
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #686
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Well the real story is what PCR has been telling you doofs -- the fed has no wiggle room to fix anything.

There are no policy solutions -- assuming the status quo of protecting the too bigs.

The real solution would be to step back and watch them collapse -- like Madoffs ponzi scheme
MHG
Do you jerk off to this guy or what? Or do you show up and just blow him?
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 08:42 PM   #687
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

That's pretty funny.

Terrorists are not our problem.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:29 PM   #688
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post

Here's one for you;

Old 07-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #689
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
Do you jerk off to this guy or what? Or do you show up and just blow him?
It's rare when someone tells the truth. Apparently you don't give a shyte.

Fine. Be a slug. Live a slug's life. At some point you may be stepped on.

MHG
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 AM   #690
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
It's rare when someone tells the truth. Apparently you don't give a shyte.

Fine. Be a slug. Live a slug's life. At some point you may be stepped on.

MHG
so you admit you have his balls in your mouth..
Old 07-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #691
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

CEO Eric Sprott says we have seen the bottom on gold - - from here we go up up up

The shorts are running scared... it's about to turn...

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...ic_Sprott.html
Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #692
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Swiss Finance manager says the bond market will collapse in the biggest meltdown the world has ever seen...

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...n_Greyerz.html
Old 07-31-2013, 11:34 PM   #693
ak1971
uhhhh

Quote:
Swiss Finance manager says the bond market will collapse in the biggest meltdown the world has ever seen...

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingwor...n_Greyerz.html
Yawn...so when is gold hitting 2k? Thought that was in 07?
Old 08-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #694
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
It got close enough for some of us to make a handsome profit. Currently I'll be staying out of the gold market it is being manipulated so no thanks.

and being liquid in dollars is just as stupid.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #695
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Gold is a sucker bet
date: 07/08/2013
price: $1,238/oz (on it's way up from $1200)

today's price: $1,311/oz.

Only the suckers sold their gold in the low $1200's. It won't be back down there for a long time.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:58 AM   #696
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
$79. That's how close it got to 2k. It will be back up there before it ever drops to 1K.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #697
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
date: 07/08/2013
price: $1,238/oz (on it's way up from $1200)

today's price: $1,311/oz.

Only the suckers sold their gold in the low $1200's. It won't be back down there for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by woomeister
It got close enough for some of us to make a handsome profit. Currently I'll be staying out of the gold market it is being manipulated so no thanks.
5.8%? Weak. In the current market that chump change. I've gotten a 30% overall return on my rather conservative investments in that three weeks.

In the span of the last 6 months, I have close to a 300% return (take out the one lucky pick, and it's still 150% or more). Gold is still down 20% in the last 6 months. Even my conservative mutual fund retirement investments have returned 40% in the last 6 months.

And, when things take a downturn (as they inevitably will) I'll probably cash out and pay off my mortgage and will then have real wealth rather than shiny chunks of useless metal.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #698
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
5.8%? Weak. In the current market that chump change. I've gotten a 30% overall return on my rather conservative investments in that three weeks.

In the span of the last 6 months, I have close to a 300% return (take out the one lucky pick, and it's still 150% or more). Gold is still down 20% in the last 6 months. Even my conservative mutual fund retirement investments have returned 40% in the last 6 months.

And, when things take a downturn (as they inevitably will) I'll probably cash out and pay off my mortgage and will then have real wealth rather than shiny chunks of useless metal.
That's great!
I bet gold outperforms the Dow over the next 6 months. We can bring this thread back up when it does. Then you can tell us how your portfolio grows over the next 6 months. You can list the stocks now or just wait and post them in 6 months after you cherry pick the winners.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #699
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That's great!
I bet gold outperforms the Dow over the next 6 months. We can bring this thread back up when it does. Then you can tell us how your portfolio grows over the next 6 months. You can list the stocks now or just wait and post them in 6 months after you cherry pick the winners.
And what if it does? Like I already showed, the DOW has outperformed gold over the long term since its inception, by a large margin. And that's the DOW, not individual portfolios that are carefully managed.

I could lose almost everything and I'd still be ahead of gold. I started investing about 5 years ago. Gold is up 43% in that time. I'm up nearly 1000% on the original money I invested 5 years ago (my cumulative return is significantly less, but only because I keep adding to the pot).

Predicting that the markets are going to correct sometime in the near future is about as lame a financial prediction as a person can make. We're almost 5 years into a bull market and the average bull market only lasts 5-7 years.

Besides -- when the markets correct, that's good. Just means everything's on sale. Sell high, buy back in low.

Last edited by Fedaykin; 08-01-2013 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #700
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And what if it does? Like I already showed, the DOW has outperformed gold over the long term since its inception, by a large margin. And that's the DOW, not individual portfolios that are carefully managed.
I'm not disputing that. Gold was at a fixed price for most of that time. The Dow and gold have performed about the same since the early 70's when we dropped the fixed price. Gold performed better from 1970-2011. Gold has performed better since 1999 even with the Fed throwing every trick at Wall Street.

Quote:
I could lose almost everything and I'd still be ahead of gold. I started investing about 5 years ago. Gold is up 43% in that time. I'm up nearly 1000% on the original money I invested 5 years ago (my cumulative return is significantly less, but only because I keep adding to the pot).
I agree. The Dow has outperformed gold over the past 5 years, but that's only been true over the last 7 months when gold tanked. Gold is cheap again. Also, keep in mind the Fed is running out of tricks. They've set fed rates to 0% four years running, bailed out Wall St, implemented QE1, QE2, and an open-ended QE3.

Quote:
Predicting that the markets are going to correct sometime in the near future is about as lame a financial prediction as a person can make. We're almost 5 years into a bull market and the average bull market only lasts 5-7 years.
So we both agree on this too. It may not be such a lame prediction though. The buyers are betting we're wrong.

Quote:
Besides -- when the markets correct, that's good. Just means everything's on sale. Sell high, buy back in low.
I agree, but somebody has to be willing to buy high for you to sell at that price (or sell to you at a low price after holding the bag on the way down.) It's only good for half the people at the top and half the people at the bottom. Even fewer people manage to position themselves in both the right half at the top and the bottom.