The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 05:27 PM   #351
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,761
Default

Wasnt gold supposed to be at $2k a few years ago?
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 AM   #352
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
They didn't farm in mad max!!
They did drive around all crazy though. My biggest problem though was that by the end of the series it seemed a little gay. I mean all dudes in leather and masks riding around on motorcycles together? If that is what happens after the nukes go off then i would rather just die in the blast.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 AM   #353
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

There are some crazy ****ing people on this board.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 02:41 PM   #354
Odysseus
Fan of the home team
 
Odysseus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Durango, Colorado
Posts: 11,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mark Schlereth
Default

http://www.ted.com/talks/niall_fergu...rosperity.html

Ted has some interesting lectures and videos. The speakers are scholars, respected business leaders, and people who are active in the world of non profits. I am sure their are conservative Republicans active in the non profit world I personally do not know of any. Republicans normally donate money and little else.

I have quoted Niall Fergusson in the past on this board. His historic works are well received and well documented. I think it is interesting that if you are able to read, write, or listen to someone speak more than a few seconds you are suddenly caste among the learned in this country. We am stupit.

His lecture takes a few minutes but it's entertaining. He explains a lot of the history and might give you a tangential understanding about why Gold is what it is.
Odysseus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #355
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Yes, Meck -- but how do you explain the fact that both gold AND stocks are going down?

This is not natural. As stocks go down gold should be going up. This is fishy and tells us the gold markets are being manipulated down. There must be a reason. I shudder to think what Goldman Sachs has up its sleeve.

Looks like a big shyte storm ahead. Only fools will sell their gold -- in this environment.

When it goes down some more -- I plan to buy. Later, it will go up like a rocket.
Because the safe haven is always will be US bonds and the US dollar. Sorry to break your heart. But basically they sold off gold and bought us bonds.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:33 PM   #356
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Because the safe haven is always will be US bonds and the US dollar. Sorry to break your heart. But basically they sold off gold and bought us bonds.
CUT YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 PM   #357
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
CUT YOU ARE IN FOR A BIG SURPRISE
Well life is always full of surprises Baja. Still the fact is the recent gold sell off was some profit taking, but the big investors still love to huddle to the US bonds. They figure no way USA goes under. When we go under the whole world goes under. Like it or not they are saddled to us and have almost no choice. Without American consumer spending China can forget about having a good economy.

So what is your surprise? I firmly believe because of Obama's stimulus he slowed down the recovery by just trying to spend out of it, now we probably actually will double dip and have a couple quarters of recession in 2012. Let me guess you think i should by seeds because I won't have food?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:07 AM   #358
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,562
Default

Gold is still $100 over its 200 day average. It's still in the record territory it first reached in July. It shows the strength of the gold bull run to still be in this place after a big sell off.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #359
ak1971
uhhhh
 
ak1971's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,761
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Gold is still $100 over its 200 day average. It's still in the record territory it first reached in July. It shows the strength of the gold bull run to still be in this place after a big sell off.
The sell off is still valid..I still think we will see $1k gold before $2K gold.
ak1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #360
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
The sell off is still valid..I still think we will see $1k gold before $2K gold.
I don't think we'll ever see $1000 gold again, and we'll see $2000 within a year.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:14 AM   #361
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I don't think we'll ever see $1000 gold again, and we'll see $2000 within a year.
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012... Kick that can far enough down the road and it might just happen.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:04 PM   #362
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012... Kick that can far enough down the road and it might just happen.
It's gone up every year, like walking up a hill with a yo-yo. Long term investors have their eyes on the hill. The only time to look at the yo-yo is when buying on the dips.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #363
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012... Kick that can far enough down the road and it might just happen.

Be as smug as you like, me I bought gold up until it hit 900 and am damn glad I did. In fact now is the time to buy more.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #364
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
It's gone up every year, like walking up a hill with a yo-yo. Long term investors have their eyes on the hill. The only time to look at the yo-yo is when buying on the dips.
I have no problem with gold as an asset/investment... I just like to needle the people who buy it because they think we are going to be trading it for beans in the near future.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:07 PM   #365
TheDave
Sauced...
 
TheDave's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 15,000
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Be as smug as you like, me I bought gold up until it hit 900 and am damn glad I did. In fact now is the time to buy more.
You really need to work on your sense of humor...
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:10 PM   #366
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
You really need to work on your sense of humor...
Trust me when you say something funny I'll get it.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #367
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak1971 View Post
The sell off is still valid..I still think we will see $1k gold before $2K gold.
I'll take that bet. Gold hits 1k I owe you an ounce. Gold hits 2k you owe me an ounce. You can even set the deadline date.

Eventually it has to hit one of the two!

Last edited by Meck77; 10-03-2011 at 10:49 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #368
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I'll take that bet. Gold hits 1k I owe you an ounce. Gold hits 2k you owe me an ounce. You can even set the deadline date.

Eventually it has to hit one of the two!
I would offer up the same bet to anybody on here. I have paypal. pm me if you think gold hits 1000 before 2000.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 02:45 PM   #369
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,752
Default

So gold almost back to 1,800. Silver solid in the 35 range. Difference this time is margin requirements for trading paper contracts is much higher.

Ak never got your response on my bet?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #370
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Hah, I'm just getting out of precious metals now. It's been an awesome 6 year run!
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #371
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Hah, I'm just getting out of precious metals now. It's been an awesome 6 year run!
Good time to get out of contracts that's for sure. They are going to manipulate the hell out of the market trying to keep the price down by bumping the margins.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #372
Meck77
.
 

Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 16,752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blart View Post
Hah, I'm just getting out of precious metals now. It's been an awesome 6 year run!
And into what may I ask?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:54 AM   #373
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!
 
Blart's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,910

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time
Default

Nothing specific, just going into some safe mutual funds. I got into metals by luck, I'm not really the guy to ask!

Krugman is predicting the Euro will end (unless action is taken, which he thinks is unlikely)
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/201...e-euro-ends-2/

And I could be missing something huge here, but I do know that when the Euro does poorly, people put more trust in the US dollar, which sinks gold prices. I don't want to watch gold prices sink.
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:56 AM   #374
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
All hail Hercules!

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I've just got one word for you, son. Land.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #375
baja
Happy camper
 
baja's Avatar
 
Sweet

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware
Default

remote rural fertile land with running water
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Denver Broncos