The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #1
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default 104.3 The Fan's new on air line up...

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/onair.aspx

Not happy with it.

Scott Hastings with Mike Evans??

They put D-Mac with Alfred How much sports do you honestly think these guys are going to talk about? What are they shooting for, a 3rd rate comedy show??

Clough by himself?? He absolutely needs someone else there to help him FINISH HIS POINTS and not ramble for an hour about the same sh1t over and over...

This is a disaster IMO.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #2
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I agree, I don't like it
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #3
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the put sandy by himself at 7:00pm

wtf!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:22 PM   #4
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

The Fan is just pitiful anymore. Scott, Mike, Al and D-Mac are all jerkoffs who are far more interested in talking about themselves than sports. Clough can be a dick, but at least he remembers that he's there to talk about sports. The only good thing about it is banishing Oren to the early morning.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
the put sandy by himself at 7:00pm

wtf!
I'm telling you, they had it just right before they made that switch. Evans calms Clough down and they can work together much better than I've ever seen anyone work with Clough. Evans will actually stand up to Clough and argue his points and get Clough to stand down a bit and not be such a complete dick to the callers.

When Hastings was with Alfred, they at least got to sports talk eventually, but DMac isn't even a sports talk guy to begin with and now you're sticking him ON THE RIDE HOME SLOT with Alfred?? Come on.

Not only that but now Clough gets to ramble, and I mead RAMBLE.... all by himself.... for 3 hours... wtf.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
http://www.fm1043thefan.com/onair.aspx

Not happy with it.

Scott Hastings with Mike Evans??

They put D-Mac with Alfred How much sports do you honestly think these guys are going to talk about? What are they shooting for, a 3rd rate comedy show??
Clough by himself?? He absolutely needs someone else there to help him FINISH HIS POINTS and not ramble for an hour about the same sh1t over and over...

This is a disaster IMO.

you mean unlike the al and scott show?
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:25 PM   #7
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
you mean unlike the al and scott show?
I should have thrown that in there... you're right, but seriously its going to be even worse now.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #8
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

What happened to Oren?
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExShanahan View Post
What happened to Oren?
He's on from 5AM-6AM every morning now.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:55 PM   #10
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

All The Fan wants anymore is just all texting sports show. No phone calls, no discussions, just one line zingers from texter nation.

Just the fact that they put Clough on at a time when hardly anyone listens shows you where the Fan's going..........down the porcelain convenience.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #11
bombay
Ring of Famer

Pleasantly surprised by Evans and Hastings to this point. Don't care for Dmac, but i like Al.

Don't like what they did to Clough.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:12 PM   #12
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I thought after they finally got rid of Armstrong that they were at a good balance
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I thought after they finally got rid of Armstrong that they were at a good balance
Exactly man... I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
All The Fan wants anymore is just all texting sports show. No phone calls, no discussions, just one line zingers from texter nation. Just the fact that they put Clough on at a time when hardly anyone listens shows you where the Fan's going..........down the porcelain convenience.
Agree here as well. The one guy with the most extensive knowledge of sports on any of the Denver radio stations gets shoved to a night slot from 7-10. Granted, I can't stand the way he berates the callers sometimes, but the guy is a sports encyclopedia and knows what the hell he's talking about.

I've emailed their program director twice about this today, I'll let you guys know if he gets back to me.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #14
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

D-Mac is a mouthbreather who used to be a morning guy over on KBPI (local rock station for those who don't know). What exactly qualifies him to be on sports talk radio is beyond me.

The last time I listened to Scott and Al was a couple of years ago. I endured their painful attempts at humor and non-stop talk about themselves until one day when the NBA & NHL playoffs were going and baseball season was in full swing and they spent the first two segments of the show talking about American Idol. Switched off the radio and never listened to their show again.

Mike Evans is a whiny little b**** who also is under the impression that his life his so interesting that he simply must talk about it on the air.

Clough is a blowhard who goes on and on, but to his credit, he talks sports (novel concept on a sports talk radio station, I know) and is well prepared. Naturally, this means he had to be sent to the evening shift when very few people will be listening to the radio. Well played.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title

Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Can't go to the site due to work internet. Can someone post it?

Please tell me they are getting rid of Mike and Mike in the morning...
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #16
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAmbiguous View Post
Can't go to the site due to work internet. Can someone post it?

Please tell me they are getting rid of Mike and Mike in the morning...
Agreed...Mike and Mike in the morning blows.....
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #17
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

mile high radio 1510 AM
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #18
easymobee
mobile quarterback

22 for 218 : 5 TD's vs Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeusExShanahan View Post
mile high radio 1510 AM
Jim Armstrong and Les Shapiro : A match made in Hell.
easymobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #19
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I think the D-Mac/Williams show is going to be great. Precisely because they're not going to constantly talk about sports.

This actually reminds more of the lineup for 1310 in Dallas...more of a 'guys' channel than a pure sports channel. I loved it.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #20
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Can't say I've given Dmac much a chance after the first time I listened to him... he got a couple of female callers and the dude might as well have pulled out his wang and whacked it right there on the air... it was so thoroughly pathetic I was embarrassed for everyone who was listening and the radio industry as a whole. So the Fan decided to put this guy and Al "Has to repeat everything he says a minimum of a dozen times" Williams on during rush hour.... wow.

I have a feeling going to the FM dial will be the death knell for the Fan. They had the Nuggets and Avs games when they made the jump and lost them a short time after. FM stations never have the stability of AM stations. The only FM stations that stick are rock and public radio stations. Sports talk belongs on FM about as much as talk radio does. This change up reeks of desperation. I mean they are truly grasping at straws if Dmac and Al is the best they can come up with for their prime listening spot.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Its like they are trying to go under. Dont need to reiterate (sp?) what everyone here said, just a disgrace that the only one in their lineup that is worthy of being called a sports talk host gets pigeonholed to nighttime, when basically nobody listens to sportstalk.

I wonder if they are trying to help Irv and Joe out by putting on that competing afternoon lineup.

And to think they use to have a damn good lineup 5 years ago when they had Sandy in the morning, Jim Ryan and Mark Mosier from 10-2, and Irv and Joe back when Joe was still moderately entertaining.

Just wish Mose would get fired as the Avs color guy and they would put Mosier back on with Sandy from 7Am-6PM. Those 2 were great together.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #22
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
Can't say I've given Dmac much a chance after the first time I listened to him... he got a couple of female callers and the dude might as well have pulled out his wang and whacked it right there on the air... it was so thoroughly pathetic I was embarrassed for everyone who was listening and the radio industry as a whole. So the Fan decided to put this guy and Al "Has to repeat everything he says a minimum of a dozen times" Williams on during rush hour.... wow.
I know exactly what you mean by that. They had Alana Rizzo (Rockies sideline reporter and co-host of Rockies All Access) on as a guest once with Oren and D-Mac and I swear that D-Mac had his hand down his pants the entire time she was there.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #23
bombay
Ring of Famer

I was walking and listeneing to Sandy's show tonight, and the first commercial came at 7:32. I liked the solid half hour of sports talk.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #24
Broncofan_H
Seasoned Veteran

Looks like I'll keep listening to Klatt and Crackman on 1510 on the drive home. I've been mostly listening to them for a while now. I'll still turn over and check The Fan at times and if they are talking about something that interests me, I'll listen.
Broncofan_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #25
manchambo
Ring of Famer

I listened (or tried to) on the way home tonight. Absolutely dreadful. I don't think I heard them talk about sports. Why would anyone want to listen to that crap? It's basically a comedy show, and they're not even very funny.

I like Alfred a lot. Actually think he might have been interesting paired with Clough.

At this point though, it seems like they're moving more in the direction of 850's show with Dave Logan and that chick--sports slowly fades out.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote