The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 11:10 AM   #1
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Backpedal quickly Mr. Clayton ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...oters-voted-21

He voted us at 11 on their power poll voting ....
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by prunch View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...oters-voted-21

He voted us at 11 on their power poll voting ....
Clayton knows how to hop on a bandwagon.
DenverBrit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

lol Giants fans also have something to complain about with Clayton. He has them at 6.

This comment was funny:

"
bomber1734 (9/29/2009 at 2:22 PM)
Report Violation
Clayton was obviously too busy braiding his pony tail to watch any Giants games."
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #4
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
lol Giants fans also have something to complain about with Clayton. He has them at 6.

This comment was funny:

"
bomber1734 (9/29/2009 at 2:22 PM)
Report Violation
Clayton was obviously too busy braiding his pony tail to watch any Giants games."
Wow...I think 6 is about right for them...the vikes are a better team, NO eh...maybe yes maybe no...the jets...probably not...but still.

As far as the broncos...eh...who cares...just keep doing what we are doing...playing great D and getting better on O...i'll be happy.
missingnumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:15 PM   #5
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

So I was listening to the local ESPN station up here, and they had Clayton on for their weekly Clayton segment. I noticed a few parts where he was clearly biting his tongue in regards to our dear Denver Broncos. First part was when they were discussing why new coaches tend to fail or something, and he made a point about young coaches not knowing how to lead/construct a roster, etc. He mentioned Raheem Morris by name, then said something about the age of 33. No mention of McD though, which was surprising given his "McDaniels doesn't know how to construct an NFL roster" rant off this previous offseason.

Then, later in the call-in segment, sure enough, some Broncos fan called in and said when he would re-think his stance on Denver, calling it an "oversight"...

Ah that was entertaining. To Clayton's credit, he did say he would re-think if we won one of the next 3 games. See John, it's ok to acknowledge your faults.
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
So I was listening to the local ESPN station up here, and they had Clayton on for their weekly Clayton segment. I noticed a few parts where he was clearly biting his tongue in regards to our dear Denver Broncos. First part was when they were discussing why new coaches tend to fail or something, and he made a point about young coaches not knowing how to lead/construct a roster, etc. He mentioned Raheem Morris by name, then said something about the age of 33. No mention of McD though, which was surprising given his "McDaniels doesn't know how to construct an NFL roster" rant off this previous offseason.

Then, later in the call-in segment, sure enough, some Broncos fan called in and said when he would re-think his stance on Denver, calling it an "oversight"...

Ah that was entertaining. To Clayton's credit, he did say he would re-think if we won one of the next 3 games. See John, it's ok to acknowledge your faults.

An oversight...why is it so hard for someone to say "you know what, looks like i mnight be wrong"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #7
prunch
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"Mr. Clayton ... this is your ass .... this is a hole in the wall ..... are you following?"
prunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:19 PM   #8
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Nah I like Clayton. He's good on the radio and he really gets into the meat of NFL news, much more than the cursory once-over you get from most other reporters.

It's just...no one is good at predicting the NFL. Period. So it's funny when they **** up so bad...
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nah I like Clayton. He's good on the radio and he really gets into the meat of NFL news, much more than the cursory once-over you get from most other reporters.

It's just...no one is good at predicting the NFL. Period. So it's funny when they **** up so bad...

Thats awesome you like him consdiering he was one of the guys lobbying against Sharpe making it in on the first ballot.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:25 PM   #11
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You guys are right. He should be crowning our ass after putting a beat down on CLE and OAK and getting a fluke play to win in CIN.

I hope you all realize that nothing has changed from most everyone's predictions thus far. Most people had us winning 2 out of those first three games.

The test is coming now. Let's see how this team does playing quailty opponents before we start screaming championship.

Every year you guys fall for this fast start stuff. McD hasn't proven he can keep up the momentum in December.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #12
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Atthis point, I think I'd be willing to bet that Denver finishes with more than three wins this season.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
You guys are right. He should be crowning our ass after putting a beat down on CLE and OAK and getting a fluke play to win in CIN.

I hope you all realize that nothing has changed from most everyone's predictions thus far. Most people had us winning 2 out of those first three games.

The test is coming now. Let's see how this team does playing quailty opponents before we start screaming championship.

Every year you guys fall for this fast start stuff. McD hasn't proven he can keep up the momentum in December.
Neither did Shanny, so stuff it you naysayer
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #14
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

yes we deserve no credit for beating the snot out of teams we should beat

we certainly never had an issue with that last year, especially not when the division was on the line
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:34 PM   #15
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:

Sure they beat to shiatty teams, but they not only beat them, they kicked their a$$, so you gotta give them a little credit. We will see how well we play in the next 5 games, but it is sure nice to see a team put away the teams they are suppose to. We've had some pretty shiatty loses over the last couple of years to teams we should've put away(costing us the playoffs)!! I like 3-0 right now.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
leon
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if you can't realize by now that McD is the real deal as a coach then you don't know coaching when you see it!!!
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

Complete bull****...We cant control who we play. But we did control that game in cinci and put, asyou said, beatdowns on cleveland and oakland. If we were as bad as people thought, the two latter games would have been competitive....they weren't, we clearly outclassed them.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #18
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

My how people forget that Cleveland layed 30 points on Denver last season, and the last time Denver played Oakland they got spanked 10-31. Yet we are worse this season.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:

I know this place...they'll be lining up right beside you if we have a skid of any kind during this stretch of the season.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Complete bull****...We cant control who we play. But we did control that game in cinci and put, asyou said, beatdowns on cleveland and oakland. If we were as bad as people thought, the two latter games would have been competitive....they weren't, we clearly outclassed them.
Which is great. But again, even the most pessimestic views had us winning 2 out of those 3 games. The difference between that and being 3-0 is one fluke play.

We didn't control the game in CIN. It was a hard fought game on both sides, and in reality CIN really made the best effort to win with their dominating drive late in the game. I'm glad we won, but let's be real as to how we won and just be thankful we got a fortuitous play to go our way. There's no shame in that.

So like I said, nothing has really changed other than our defense is playing much better than anyone thought, even playing cream puffs in OAK and CLE. Orton hasn't been put in a spot to win a game for us, only not to lose it. The defense isn't going to win every game for us and I'm not confident at all that Orton can put this team on his back and get us a win.

Also, with all the disucssion about how horrible our red zone offense was last year, I cannot understand why people aren't still complaining. This year's redzone offense has also been horrible. We've managed to win games by our dominating defense and eventually wearing teams down and getting into the endzone. That's not a recipie that will be effective against top tier teams.

We'll have a much better view about where this team really is in the coming weeks.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:48 PM   #21
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
To Clayton's credit, he did say he would re-think if we won one of the next 3 games.

well considering he had us going 3-13, if we won 1 of the next 13 games he'd have to rethink things...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Which is great. But again, even the most pessimestic views had us winning 2 out of those 3 games. The difference between that and being 3-0 is one fluke play.

We didn't control the game in CIN. It was a hard fought game on both sides, and in reality CIN really made the best effort to win with their dominating drive late in the game. I'm glad we won, but let's be real as to how we won and just be thankful we got a fortuitous play to go our way. There's no shame in that.

So like I said, nothing has really changed other than our defense is playing much better than anyone thought, even playing cream puffs in OAK and CLE. Orton hasn't been put in a spot to win a game for us, only not to lose it. The defense isn't going to win every game for us and I'm not confident at all that Orton can put this team on his back and get us a win.

Also, with all the disucssion about how horrible our red zone offense was last year, I cannot understand why people aren't still complaining. This year's redzone offense has also been horrible. We've managed to win games by our dominating defense and eventually wearing teams down and getting into the endzone. That's not a recipie that will be effective against top tier teams.

We'll have a much better view about where this team really is in the coming weeks.

Simply not true...even if we didnt control the cinci game, we could have easily won it going away if the phantom holding call on the buck screen didn't happen. Football is a 60 minute game and if a "fluke play" allowed us to get ahead, there's a reason we were in position to do so. Thats a tough game we won in cinci, on the road. People need to stop taking that away from the broncos.

And for the a-holes who had us going 3-13, they did not predict us going 2-1 or 3-0, so enough of that.

Also, "nothing has changed other than our defense playing better" is a dumb statement. Thats half the ****ing team, not to mention, they are playing ASTRONOMICALLY better...as are our special teams coverage units. Also, our offense has done a MUCH better job controlling the ball and the clock. We have played VERY organized and safe football while moving the ball. yes, our red zone offense needs wotrk, but the reason why no one is b****ing is we've been safely ahead in those two games. Hopefully the red zone ) will come...remember, we're still only 3 games into a completely new system.

This team is actually very reminiscent of the 2005 team which also had a problem when playing from behind...but that team went 13-3...not saying we will go 13-3, but the style is similar.

So, really, youre just being negative for the sake of wanting to be right.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #23
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I'm going by the principal that everything is gravy right now. Wasn't sure how fast the team chemistry would come along with all the new coaches and players and while I thought we would be competitive for the first 3 games before the season started, and then it would have been very tough over the next several games. Now that we've dominated early, I think the next several games we will be competitive, even if we don't win them. You can't simply forget that everything going on in Bronco land is still very new, even though we have played very well. If I were to rank the Broncos, I would have them about where they are, something like 15 or so.

Alot of folks are looking at this team and saying, okay, they really look like it's coming together faster then we all thought but let's just wait a few games and see how they do when the competition gets a little better.

Yeah, it's gonna be fun. It's hard to gauge just how good you are when you just played the Browns and the Raiders, even though we whipped them good.

Now the fun starts - just don't go hitting the panic button too soon if we lose a few close ones in the next few games. If we look like total crap, okay, it might take longer then we though but I don't see that happening. Not with the style of ball we are playing. We're not built to be explosive (yet). I think we are built to be fundamentally sound and will give even the good teams a great game.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:44 PM   #24
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Atthis point, I think I'd be willing to bet that Denver finishes with more than three wins this season.

Is that what John Clayton had us wining? 3 games?
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:50 PM   #25
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

You know what I love? People who claim to hate "ESPiN" and all the "talking heads" yet follow every analysts' every word in hopes of finding something to criticize.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote