The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Cutler a coach killer?
YES, I can see that because he has proven nothing and is over rated 133 68.21%
NO WAY, he's a franchise QB and will be a coach maker not breaker. 62 31.79%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default Do you think Cutler is a budding coach killer?

A case can be made that Shanny's fall from grace started when he drafted Cutler with a squad that just went to the AFCC. Lovie will be put under the microscope if Cutler struggles and the Bears miss the playoffs. I think Cutler is so over rated that he will take down a few HCs before everyone catches on that while a possessor of a great arm he is a loser between the ears.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 AM   #2
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Wow, you really can't get over yourself. How can you call this dude a coach killer at this point in his career? I hated how he left town as much as the next guy, but you are counting your eggs a little early. I'm not a Cutler fan, but aside from the first half of thefirst game, he's been nothing short of solid.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

you have too extreme choices there so I went the safe route and said no way. A coach needs to corral his QB like Shanny did with Plummer in 05 and the ints dropped dramatically. NOW, if a coach tries to do that with Cutler and he still thinks he is better than Elway and f ups the game plan, then he is in trouble. He doesnt have the Elway click and it would kill his team if he tried. If that does happen (Cutler getting hard headed) and we know he is capable of it, then he can ruin a coach. Hmm, now you know my problem with two choices. I could go both ways on that poll
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhat01 View Post
Wow, you really can't get over yourself. How can you call this dude a coach killer at this point in his career? I hated how he left town as much as the next guy, but you are counting your eggs a little early. I'm not a Cutler fan, but aside from the first half of thefirst game, he's been nothing short of solid.
I'll take that as a "NO" than.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #5
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
you have too extreme choices there so I went the safe route and said no way. A coach needs to corral his QB like Shanny did with Plummer in 05 and the ints dropped dramatically. NOW, if a coach tries to do that with Cutler and he still thinks he is better than Elway and f ups the game plan, then he is in trouble. He doesnt have the Elway click and it would kill his team if he tried. If that does happen (Cutler getting hard headed) and we know he is capable of it, then he can ruin a coach. Hmm, now you know my problem with two choices. I could go both ways on that poll
I shoulda made it multiple choice.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #6
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think that even thinking the thought that Cutler killed Shanahan's coaching career is ignorant, let alone actually putting your body through the motions of actually posting it.

I mean... Seriously...

What!?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
jhat01
Ring of Famer

Knuckle Dragging Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ManRam

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I'll take that as a "NO" than.
Kind of..He may be a franchise qb, ask me after this season.
jhat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:01 AM   #8
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
A case can be made that Shanny's fall from grace started when he drafted Cutler with a squad that just went to the AFCC. Lovie will be put under the microscope if Cutler struggles and the Bears miss the playoffs. I think Cutler is so over rated that he will take down a few HCs before everyone catches on that while a possessor of a great arm he is a loser between the ears.
Young and inconsistent? Yes. Bad? No.

What makes you think he is bad? Was it the fact that he has two game winning drives and two game winning TDs in 3 games this year? Do you really think this is the first QB that is cocky and has an attitude problem? Do you really think that hurts their skill? I don't. Aikman even said so when asked about Cutler this offseason. Specifically, he said "Us QBs are a different breed".

I think cutler will be very good as they learn that the run game still exists even when you have a QB. They always have decent defenses and special teams. With the RB that they have, Cutler shouldn't be asked to carry that team, and he won't have to. That will make him successful.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #9
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Choices are worded pretty narrowly, but he's definitely not a "coach killer."

Our defense the past tow years, now THERE'S a coach killer.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 AM   #10
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Attached Images

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I think the Bears are lucky to be 2-1. They are getting nothing from the ground game and Jay has 0 chemistry with his receivers.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:04 AM   #12
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

The internet really needed this thread. Thanks!
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #13
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Considering some talking heads at Si , fox , and espn are saying he is having a MVP type year to have the Bears at 2-1 with as little weapons on O as they have makes this thread is stupid ...

Craw back in your mud hut and prep your end of the world kit and stop making stupid threads.

TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think that even thinking the thought that Cutler killed Shanahan's coaching career is ignorant, let alone actually putting your body through the motions of actually posting it.

I mean... Seriously...

What!?
Shanahan; Ya Pat all I need to get another Lombarti is a franchise QB, I know it looks like we are close and were one win away but the hell with the D we need a QB and besides the D was Coyer just give me Cutler and your check book and I'll bring you a winner.

Pat Bowlen aka (Gutless drunk); Well Mike I gave you Cutler, let you blow up the 05 team and gave you my check book and you lost the division with a 3 game lead and 3 games to go, what happened.

Shanahan;

Well we put it on Cutler and he had a couple of bad games but we'll get them next year we are really close now Pat, jay just needs another weapon.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:12 AM   #15
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Young and inconsistent? Yes. Bad? No.

What makes you think he is bad? Was it the fact that he has two game winning drives and two game winning TDs in 3 games this year? Do you really think this is the first QB that is cocky and has an attitude problem? Do you really think that hurts their skill? I don't. Aikman even said so when asked about Cutler this offseason. Specifically, he said "Us QBs are a different breed".

I think cutler will be very good as they learn that the run game still exists even when you have a QB. They always have decent defenses and special teams. With the RB that they have, Cutler shouldn't be asked to carry that team, and he won't have to. That will make him successful.
Hey all I did was make a poll STFU and vote or not.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Hey TJ if this is such a ridiculous question why are there 5 yes to 4 no.

I'd say that looks like a good poll in the making
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #17
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Shanahan; Ya Pat all I need to get another Lombarti is a franchise QB, I know it looks like we are close and were one win away but the hell with the D we need a QB and besides the D was Coyer just give me Cutler and your check book and I'll bring you a winner.

Pat Bowlen aka (Gutless drunk); Well Mike I gave you Cutler, let you blow up the 05 team and gave you my check book and you lost the division with a 3 game lead and 3 games to go, what happened.

Shanahan;

Well we put it on Cutler and he had a couple of bad games but we'll get them next year we are really close now Pat, jay just needs another weapon.
He just thought he needed a QB? What? You haven't folloed the Broncos long because he redid the entire offense. Last year, they were all rookie-3rd year players. The veteran defense was supposed to make the young offense ok but it fell apart the instant Wilson went down(along with a few other injuries). He also didn't try to replace anything on that offense until that offense proved it couldn't move the ball the year after the AFCCG. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:15 AM   #18
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post
Considering some talking heads at Si , fox , and espn are saying he is having a MVP type year to have the Bears at 2-1 with as little weapons on O as they have makes this thread is stupid ...

Craw back in your mud hut and prep your end of the world kit and stop making stupid threads.

My guess is that is your screen saver.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #19
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

This is what was wrong with the off-season. Outside of that first half of the first game Jay has done nothing to prove the people that was upset that Jay got traded wrong. Do you see any line up to eat your crow about Jay being a very good QB threads? No in fact they are still claiming Jay to be a bad QB. At this point in time they are getting more production out of the 5th round pick that we sent them then we are with the first round pick that we got from them.

If I was to say Jay would still have over 4000 yard passing and 30 plus TDs his first season with the Bears with a crappy OL and no real weapons at WR I would have been told to bend me over a rock and go be a Bears fan.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hey all I did was make a poll STFU and vote or not.
Don't cry. I just responded. If you can't take the response, don't post. Pretty simple.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #21
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Quote:

Shanahan;

I personally think lead in the water has made Baja delusional ...
It's the only thing i can come up with that would make someone spend time posting dribble like that last post.

Could you act any more like a vagina ?
I mean get over it already Baja shhhheeezzzz...
Just like a chick tho , bish bish bish , wait a few weeks and and rehash the same $hit...

So going to start calling you Vag~a ...
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #22
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #23
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
He just thought he needed a QB? What? You haven't folloed the Broncos long because he redid the entire offense. Last year, they were all rookie-3rd year players. The veteran defense was supposed to make the young offense ok but it fell apart the instant Wilson went down(along with a few other injuries). He also didn't try to replace anything on that offense until that offense proved it couldn't move the ball the year after the AFCCG. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way.
OK lets say it another way for the obtuse;

Fix the defense in the draft and free agency after 05 and take a run. Plummer under Shanny's thumb was fine at the QB position. That team deserved a run. When Shanny drafted Cutler and blow the teamup that is when he lost the players.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post

[/IMG]

MVP year? he has like 8 turnovers in 3 games and is 2 missed FGs away from 0-3, how is that anything CLOSE to MVP year? especially with peyton and brees showing how REAL qbs play?
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #25
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No... Please don't.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote