The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
outdoor_miner
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Darrell Reid - Sack Question

Sort of an irrelevant question, but does anyone know why Darrell Reid still got a sack when he was called for a penalty on the play (believe it was "Illegal Use of the Hands")... Just curious why he would still get credit for a sack.

Also - he has been a pretty solid contributor so far. 2 sacks, and I believe he also recovered a fumble in the Browns game. Looks like he's not playing OLB at all, though. Seems to strictly be playing on the line in nickel situations.
outdoor_miner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post
Sort of an irrelevant question, but does anyone know why Darrell Reid still got a sack when he was called for a penalty on the play (believe it was "Illegal Use of the Hands")... Just curious why he would still get credit for a sack.
thats a good question...

anybody know the answer to this?...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Sacks still count if there is a penalty called. I remember during Dumervil's rookie year, he had 3 sacks against the Raiders, and one of them came with a penalty, but it stood.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
NeverBeenToDenver
Rookie

Overreact Much?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TD's HoF BID

My only sack ever in 4 years of high school playing on the D-Line came on a play during which a teammate was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct. Still counted!!!
NeverBeenToDenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoor_miner View Post

Also - he has been a pretty solid contributor so far. 2 sacks, and I believe he also recovered a fumble in the Browns game. Looks like he's not playing OLB at all, though. Seems to strictly be playing on the line in nickel situations.
Because the penalty isn't a no-play penalty. Essentially the result of the play stands and the penalty is then assessed to the result of the play (in my understanding).
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #6
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Thats why the Raiders went from starting at the 10 on the play to the 15, Reids sack was on like the 2 yard line.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote