The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
BossBruce
Just Drafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Winning games we're supposed to win has been a rarity for this team

Not sure if this point has been made, but the Broncos I came to know under Shanny would frequently lose games we were 'supposed' to win. (see Bills game last year and 49ers games the year before) .

On the flip side, we won our share of games we were 'supposed' to lose.

At any rate, It's been very nice to see us dominate teams that we are capable of dominating.

PS, it's also been great not to see us get off to these great starts and see the team/game do a complete 180 by the 4th quarter.
BossBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not only that, but even when they did beat the poor teams, they usually struggled to do so.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's nice to see us winning games like this, and even more so we aren't taking the Shanny era tact of building up a big lead early in the game and then trying to sit on it. Instead we are playing the whole 60 mins, even if we are clobbering the opponent. Instilling this mentality will probably save us from a couple last minute losses.

The question is: when will we be accused of running up the score?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #4
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

I like the fact that each team we beat gets labeled "bad", and then that statement is backed up by stats that include the games in which our defense dominated them.

If we beat Dallas then we will know the team is for real. If we beat New England the national media will start to pay attention.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i now like to admit i was wrong with the hiring of mcdaniels then again i was wrong about firing of dan reeves wade phillips and now shanny
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cincy has beaten both the Packers at Green Bay and the Steelers, so the media shouldn't be calling them bad. In fact, the Broncos' defense did a damn great job holding that team to only 7 points and that score only happened towards the end of the game.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote