The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 05:29 AM   #1
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Default THE 1st REAL TEST comes this week

Week 1 was a fantastic win--Cincy has proven to be a good team this year with their win over GB @ Lambeau and beating PIT yesterday---truth be told--we outplayed them most of the game and if not for a late sack taken by Orton we could have won that game WITHOUT A MIRACLE. That being said, we also were the beneficiaries of A LOT of dropped balls (I know we dropped some too) particularly by Coles and some rust from Carson who had not played the majority of the pre-season.

WeeK 2--It was CLE--BUT we did something that we have not been able to do consistently, beat teams that on paper we SHOULD beat. We look to be a team that will NOT beat themselves which will allow us to overcome some of our talent limitations along the DL and @ QB.

WEEK 3--played out JUST as I suspected---OAK has a great defense and a worse than Division I college QB in JA-FAT-ASS--if Cable wants to be Raiders coach going forward--it's time that he sits that disgusting imitation of an NFL QB. I was GREATLY impressed by our ability to take this game by the THROAT by coming out on the 1st drive of the 2nd half and making a 13-3 game 20-3--THAT WAS VERY IMPORTANT and at that point OAK realized that they had NO chance on Sunday.

I still have concerns about Orton's ability to complete passes that have to travel more than 20 yards in the air--he hit Marshall once or twice on that type of pass and skipped a few others into the ground while attempting to complete them---this is going to come back to bite us when we play a team who is capable of getting a 10 point lead on us.

This brings us to Dallas--despite them having to come in here on a short week--I fully expect our defense to be challenged unlike at any point this season so far--they have a punishing, tops in the leagues running game(resting Barber this week), complemented by an above average passing game. They will score 20+ on us ---the big question this week is HOW WILL OUR QB RESPOND IN A GAME IN WHICH HE IS FORCED TO ATTEMPT TO KEEP PACE WITH AN OPPOSING TEAM'S OFFENSE? If he leads us to a 34-28 victory this week over Dallas--then I will officially be on the Kyle Orton bandwagon---I hope that my fears (much like my football picks this past weekend) prove to be incorrect...but Sunday's game is shaping up to be a big STATEMENT GAME for the Broncos to let the league know that they are for real--because as Tom Jackson put it on ESPN last night--We could have lost the Cincy game if not for a miracle and we have beaten 'two tomato cans since'......beating Dallas is HUGE. COME ON ORTON--PROVE ME WRONG!
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 AM   #2
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Nice defense, Dallas. They'll end up like last year's Broncos. All offense, sad D and a coaching change at the end of the season. Add a QB that folds in big games.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
Meck77

It's just another football game.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:09 AM   #4
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Nice defense, Dallas. They'll end up like last year's Broncos. All offense, sad D and a coaching change at the end of the season. Add a QB that folds in big games.
VERY true--what are they 30th in yards? We should be able to move the ball on them--I still think that this will be the best offense that we have faced thus far and it will put pressure on Orton to make plays.....
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 AM   #5
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I laughed at JA-FAT-ASS.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Want to see how the defense does these next 3 weeks.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah, for the outside observer, the season starts this week more or less.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote