The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default 16 points in three games. Impressive.

I don't care who we played. This is the NFL, and 16 points given up in three games is a damn fine feat.

Does Nolan go into the Ring of Fame next week?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't care who we played. This is the NFL, and 16 points given up in three games is a damn fine feat.

Does Nolan go into the Ring of Fame next week?
Just made this exact post on another thread.

We looked better against Oakland than SD did. We nearly blanked Cinci, and we destroyed Cleveland. It's been an impressive start.

Clearly, we can't keep this pace up all season, but it's very encouraging.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I didn't see it. My bad. I've actually had my nose in the NFL game book tonight.

I've got to hand it to Josh - the guy came in, put his stamp on this team, and has delivered nothing short of spectacular results. I could see skepticism right now if we were winning, but our defense was looking like a liability. That's not the case at all. This defense is playing like a unit. Not even the most ardent optimist could have guessed that we'd have only 16 points scratched against us in week 3.

If we go 4-0, this fan base is going to the moon. Dallas is not a must win, but the implications of going 4-0 elevate the importance of this game. Frankly, I'm as excited about this game as I can remember being for any game - and it's only Sunday night.

The last time I was this excited about a game was the 2005 AFC Championship game. I can't be the only one whose feeling it...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #4
Bronco Yoda

Dawkins is playing like a madman. He has really fired up this whole D.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:43 AM   #5
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Gotta love Josh
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:44 AM   #6
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I didn't see it. My bad. I've actually had my nose in the NFL game book tonight.

I've got to hand it to Josh - the guy came in, put his stamp on this team, and has delivered nothing short of spectacular results. I could see skepticism right now if we were winning, but our defense was looking like a liability. That's not the case at all. This defense is playing like a unit. Not even the most ardent optimist could have guessed that we'd have only 16 points scratched against us in week 3.

If we go 4-0, this fan base is going to the moon. Dallas is not a must win, but the implications of going 4-0 elevate the importance of this game. Frankly, I'm as excited about this game as I can remember being for any game - and it's only Sunday night.

The last time I was this excited about a game was the 2005 AFC Championship game. I can't be the only one whose feeling it...
Hopefully the result isn't the same...
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:

This guy is your kind of coach and you are going to be such a huge fan of Josh McDaniels that it will be epic.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Remember you heard it first here;

TJ is about to become the biggest Josh homer on the board...

He can not resist...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This guy is your kind of coach and you are going to be such a huge fan of Josh McDaniels that it will be epic.
You know me as well as anybody on this forum baja. We go back at least ten years, and you're absolutely right. He is absolutely my kind of coach. He's practically a young Mike Shanahan - only with a more gambling nature than Mike (I think youth probably makes a big part of that difference - Shanahan was a bigger gambler when he was younger).

And like with Mike, I won't always agree with everything he does - and will even be critical of certain moves. But I'll always endeavor to see the method behind the madness.

Right now, I feel like this team can (and will) win a Superbowl with Josh McDaniels. I really like the guy. It's like baja said... I can't help it. He is my kind of coach.

I still don't like the way Bowlen unceremoniously dumped Shanahan. I still think Shanny should have been given one more year. But that's a different issue. Regardless of my feelings about Mike and Pat, I believe Josh to be the real deal. And Pat gets credit for that.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #10
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
You know me as well as anybody on this forum baja. We go back at least ten years, and you're absolutely right. He is absolutely my kind of coach. He's practically a young Mike Shanahan - only with a more gambling nature than Mike (I think youth probably makes a big part of that difference - Shanahan was a bigger gambler when he was younger).

And like with Mike, I won't always agree with everything he does - and will even be critical of certain moves. But I'll always endeavor to see the method behind the madness.

Right now, I feel like this team can (and will) win a Superbowl with Josh McDaniels. I really like the guy. It's like baja said... I can't help it. He is my kind of coach.

I still don't like the way Bowlen unceremoniously dumped Shanahan. I still think Shanny should have been given one more year. But that's a different issue. Regardless of my feelings about Mike and Pat, I believe Josh to be the real deal. And Pat gets credit for that.
I knew you'd come around...
Old 09-28-2009, 12:56 AM   #11
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Not a bad apology from a gutless drunk website owner
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Doesn't mean that I won't bump that "Guttless Drunk " thread of yours from time to time....
Old 09-28-2009, 12:59 AM   #13
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Now let the love flow for Josh TJ, I'm loven this team and where it is going

It's a great time to be a Bronco fan....
Old 09-28-2009, 01:05 AM   #14
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
He's practically a young Mike Shanahan .
Been saying that all along!!

Both came in under fairly similar situations, with similar backgrounds... both young and considered among the best young offensive minds in the game.

Shanahan came in and got right to work on the defense, and McD and Co. have done the same thing.

I'm pumped with how this is starting. I'm trying to keep things in perspective... but that won't make me any less glum if we lose next week. I just think we still have some issues to address... but maybe not nearly as many as I thought going into the season. (And I was positive going into the season.)

I'm still looking for us to finish somewhere around .500, but a couple games over or under won't shock me. More importantly, I want to see playoff-style football... and a team that fights and improves as the season goes on.

We've got a terrific base of players right now. It's a great time to be a Broncos fan. We'll have our struggles, but I love this team.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #15
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Been saying that all along!!

Both came in under fairly similar situations, with similar backgrounds... both young and considered among the best young offensive minds in the game.

Shanahan came in and got right to work on the defense, and McD and Co. have done the same thing.

I'm pumped with how this is starting. I'm trying to keep things in perspective... but that won't make me any less glum if we lose next week. I just think we still have some issues to address... but maybe not nearly as many as I thought going into the season. (And I was positive going into the season.)

I'm still looking for us to finish somewhere around .500, but a couple games over or under won't shock me. More importantly, I want to see playoff-style football... and a team that fights and improves as the season goes on.

We've got a terrific base of players right now. It's a great time to be a Broncos fan. We'll have our struggles, but I love this team.
This season is set up to play out like catching a wave. As the teams get better as the year wears on so will the Broncos get better just ahead of the curl. We could surf this wave to the SB, We got a real shot at this scenario.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:11 AM   #16
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Getting better just ahead of the curve. - That's the ticket....
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 AM   #17
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Doggonit!
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:27 AM   #18
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

If we beat Dallas, color me impressed and count me in as a believer.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:31 AM   #19
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
i am loving this guy. i liked the signing and at the time just assumed it was veteran leadership and a vocal guy brought in to fire the rest of the D up and play sparingly. i didn't know he had that much left in the tank. dude is a beast, he just cracks skulls left and right. all he seems to do is knock dudes on their ass and make plays.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:42 AM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What I don't get is how McD can come in here and just flip the switch on D like this. I've been watching Shanahan tinkering with the D for ten years with very unimpressive results, then this guy comes in and it's like, click. You've got to hand it to him. He cleaned out the cupboard on all the Shanahan patchwork, brings in a few key people, moves a few people around, and bang! We've got a D.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:43 AM   #21
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Look at the majesty...The Micheal Bay-esque way the wind is blowing his tie back. The "**** that, I'm here to coach football" facial expression.

What a man.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:47 AM   #22
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post

When I see that picture, I hear the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" theme music.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 AM   #23
Killericon
Front 7, Please

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
When I see that picture, I hear the "Good, Bad and the Ugly" theme music.

He'd fit right in.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 AM   #24
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Wow, you guys are really going off the deep end, huh?
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:17 AM   #25
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Wow, you guys are really going off the deep end, huh?
I can understand your pathetic sour grapes. We have something to look forward to. You don't.