The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
chex
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Where have you gone.....

with apologies to Paul Simon, where have you gone, you formerly prolific posters who haven't been seen around these parts much since McDaniels and the Broncos ruined your best laid plans by going 3-0?

I'm not going to mention any names, but it's the biggest ranters who have been conspicuously absent. Maybe it's the sunny weather where you are, or maybe it's been rainy as usual by some of you, but I can't imagine true Broncos fans just lying in wait for the first bone of bad news to gnaw on to make a return appearance. I guess as the sked gets tougher, we'll see some of them back here to crow about a loss.
chex is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 07:24 PM   #2
Conklin
Ring of Famer

138 post rule
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

ill name names:
brewcreh, ceh, dbroncos4life, lex, broncomcbuff, atwater his ass, footstepsfrom#27

and proof: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=84164

F the haters, GO BRONCOS!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Sup Lex.
Chris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #5
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Oh...another nice, divisive "I'm-A-Better-Broncos-Fan-Than-You" thread. Just what we needed.

Go Broncos!!!
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

My prediction was we'd be 2-1 after 3 games, so I'm off by a game. You can only beat who you play, but Cleveland and Oakland are incredibly bad teams. The next few weeks will be a good test to see where we are at as a club. The Defense and OL certainly seem to be real deals though.
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:41 PM   #7
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

never seen people so eager to crown the new champs after a few games against 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

People need to calm down, it's a long season
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #8
jayman_37
Seasoned Veteran

I think people probably left because this board has turned into a "I'm right your wrong" type of discussion instead of actually talking football. This used to be a place that had good indepth football discussions and now it is just threads that talk about Jay Cutler sucking or McDaniels being the devil.
jayman_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

I'm not sure what people want around here. There's the two or three "gee I wish cutler was here" people, then there are the bunch of, "There's nothing wrong with the Broncos, Orton is fine" crowed. I'm not sure why we care about a QB from the Bears, and whats more I can't imagine why it's so wrong to watch Kyle Orton play and have doubts about him. I love to watch football. Sometimes i see things about even my own team that i don't think is perfect, and i come to get others opinions on the subject. People take it personally. What's wrong with you people? Cutler plays for the Bears, Shanny is on vacation for a while, McD is a rookie HC with a lot to prove but a 3-0 record, and lets face it, Kyle Orton isn't a HOF or even all pro QB. These are facts. So what? Kyle may get better, Cutler may get hit by a bus tomorrow, and the Broncos could wear Silver and black uni's in 5 years. Does any of this change the fact that football was played, and being the FOOTBALL GEEKS we are we will talk the CRAP out of it! So please, stop acting like children!
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #10
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
never seen people so eager to crown the new champs after a few games against 3 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

Well considering the offseason, this is what should be expected after such a good start. Besides, we played a good game against a good Bengals team, and get Russell off the Raiders and they are pretty good. I heard someone in the CBS pregame call Oakland a playoff team. (if their fat QB would play well) Now I think that's a stretch but we dominated Cle and Oak and even if they're bad, that's what we were supposed to do.

There's reason to be hopeful.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
KS Bronco
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steven Johnson

Quote:

cant we be excited about an undefeated start?
those of us who stood by OUR team took so much flack the past couple months, i can honestly say it feels really good to say 'i told you so.' trust me, if we started 0-3, the haters would not shut up.
yeah, we may have beat lesser teams, but a) we have to play who's on the schedule, b) cinci is much better than people think, c) we beat cinci on a late play, but if that play happened any other time throughout the game, it would not have been as big a deal (games are 60 minutes, plays in 1st quarter = plays in 4th quarter), d) sandy eggo had much more difficulty with oakland at home, e) GO BRONCOS!
KS Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #12
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaK-Argentina View Post
Well considering the offseason, this is what should be expected after such a good start. Besides, we played a good game against a good Bengals team, and get Russell off the Raiders and they are pretty good. I heard someone in the CBS pregame call Oakland a playoff team. (if their fat QB would play well) Now I think that's a stretch but we dominated Cle and Oak and even if they're bad, that's what we were supposed to do.

There's reason to be hopeful.
That is fair.

I'm already thinking ahead to when Mike Nolan wants to take another shot at being a HC. hopefully that window closed on him
Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #13
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Bronco View Post
those of us who stood by OUR team took so much flack the past couple months, i can honestly say it feels really good to say 'i told you so.' trust me, if we started 0-3, the haters would not shut up.
yeah, we may have beat lesser teams, but a) we have to play who's on the schedule, b) cinci is much better than people think, c) we beat cinci on a late play, but if that play happened any other time throughout the game, it would not have been as big a deal (games are 60 minutes, plays in 1st quarter = plays in 4th quarter), d) sandy eggo had much more difficulty with oakland at home, e) GO BRONCOS!
Im not so sure about SD anymore. They look like a team that missed it's window. So much in fighting and players aging....could be wrong...but I don't fear them or the pats this year. Little concerned over Dallas an B-more though. If we can go into B-more at 6-0, I'll do a moonwalk.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #14
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Sure. But does "being excited about an undefeated start" (which we all are, btw)... have to include starting "calling-out-the-(perceived)-"bad-fans" threads every week?

Can't those of us who still have modest expectations (because the 3 teams we've defeated are not among the league's elite, after all) enjoy the wins too?
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #15
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
hey, a win is a win is a win.

I am really curious to see what happens against Dallas.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Time go come together. Stop the hate.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #17
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer

Real Tree, No Seeds

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway

Quote:
hey, a win is a win is a win.

I am really curious to see what happens against Dallas.
If Orton beats dallas, and can beat B-more later in the year, I'm on board with the master plan, cause those are two defenses you'll have to execute to beat.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
If Orton beats dallas, and can beat B-more later in the year, I'm on board with the master plan, cause those are two defenses you'll have to execute to beat.
Eh, Dallas D isn't all that impressive. Baltimore, different story.

the Giants game is another that looms large, even with the injuries, that team can mess with a QB like no other
Old 09-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #19
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Oh this is the "I'm a better fan then you thread"
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #20
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Time go come together. Stop the hate.
we tried all summer to get people to come together and support the team instead of spreading the negativity all day....but we were homers and idiots for drinking the koolaid.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
we tried all summer to get people to come together and support the team instead of spreading the negativity all day....but we were homers and idiots for drinking the koolaid.
To be fair, we haven't won anything yet. But we can only be pleased with the performances thus far.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:23 PM   #22
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

to be fair, we have won 3 games...
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:26 PM   #23
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Oh...another nice, divisive "I'm-A-Better-Broncos-Fan-Than-You" thread. Just what we needed.

Go Broncos!!!
Dont be mad because you were one of the haters :{
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 PM   #24
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Sure. But does "being excited about an undefeated start" (which we all are, btw)... have to include starting "calling-out-the-(perceived)-"bad-fans" threads every week?

Can't those of us who still have modest expectations (because the 3 teams we've defeated are not among the league's elite, after all) enjoy the wins too?

thats true, that bengals team just isnt what we thought it was? this team has looked good after us but maybe they turned it on after playing us right? Raiders defense had been pretty good first 2 weeks, but decided to take day off today.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #25
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
Really? Since when is this 2002?

Dallas and Baltimore's defense have given up pretty big yards and points to good teams this year.

Both teams have atrocious pass defense.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote