The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default QB "Babies"

You have Cutler, Rivers and has anyone noticed how Tom Brady has acted this year...he was ranting on the sidelines todayn at his wr's.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2009, 05:04 PM   #2
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Don't forget Brett Favre. He's usually one of the whinier ones.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,762

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Orton may not look flashy folks but he's doing the job McD is asking him to do. Which is fine, as long as you have a D and running game to back it up.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #4
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Don't forget Brett Favre. He's usually one of the whinier ones.
True...but even I was impressedn with his TD pass with 2 seconds to go today~
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #5
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Orton may not look flashy folks but he's doing the job McD is asking him to do. Which is fine, as long as you have a D and running game to back it up.
No problem with Orton...hes' a team guy!
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,829

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Brady is suffering from awkward play-calling. Whoever's calling plays there now needs some time to adjust.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #7
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

I think its the nature of the position. Alot of these guys have been babied since pop warner, so when things get hard, some of them cant handle it and freak out.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
Killericon
Front 7, Please
 
Killericon's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alberta
Posts: 7,653

Adopt-a-Bronco:
watermock
Default

Sometimes, yelling at your teammates is called leadership, other times it's called whining. I wanna know the difference.
Killericon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,750

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I think McDaniels deserves some huge credit here. Matt Cassle? Tom Brady? And Orton? Bowlen is looking like a smart, smart man.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #10
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I think McDaniels deserves some huge credit here. Matt Cassle? Tom Brady? And Orton? Bowlen is looking like a smart, smart man.
+1
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

The only time I questioned McD's judgment today, was watching Cassel play for the Chiefs and wondered why he wanted him at all...
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:32 PM   #12
SJ Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
SJ Bronco's Avatar
 
Real Tree, No Seeds

Join Date: May 2001
Location: San Jose Ca
Posts: 9,418

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Brady is suffering from awkward play-calling. Whoever's calling plays there now needs some time to adjust.
That's what i kinda thought about too. A QB and his OC really gotta be on the same wave link. I don't think Brady and his have clicked yet.
SJ Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I think McDaniels deserves some huge credit here. Matt Cassle? Tom Brady? And Orton? Bowlen is looking like a smart, smart man.



Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:37 PM   #14
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,399

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Orton may not look flashy folks but he's doing the job McD is asking him to do. Which is fine, as long as you have a D and running game to back it up.
I said this is all we needed when we got Orton. While his play makes me squirm at times, he maintains and with our D and running game, that's all he needs to do.

Brady is fine as long as things are going his way. I remember how furious he got when Lynch was all over him in the playoff game. I remember Marino was notorious for yelling on the sidelines. While it can be leadership, it can also be "I don't want to admit my own mistakes".
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:31 PM   #15
broncobum6162
Manning Up!
 
broncobum6162's Avatar
 
Baaammmmmmmm!!

Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Beautiful Baugher Lake....
Posts: 1,408

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ Bronco View Post
The only time I questioned McD's judgment today, was watching Cassel play for the Chiefs and wondered why he wanted him at all...
I've thought that since the very beginning
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,883

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltheway32 View Post
I said this is all we needed when we got Orton. While his play makes me squirm at times, he maintains and with our D and running game, that's all he needs to do.

Brady is fine as long as things are going his way. I remember how furious he got when Lynch was all over him in the playoff game. I remember Marino was notorious for yelling on the sidelines. While it can be leadership, it can also be "I don't want to admit my own mistakes".
Good post and really accurate.

One man's leader is another's whiny b****.

Elway was called a baby by many as well. Means nothing, as Cutler will prove in Chicago
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:57 PM   #17
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
You have Cutler, Rivers and has anyone noticed how Tom Brady has acted this year...he was ranting on the sidelines todayn at his wr's.
Brady has always done that but when you win SB's nobody will say anything.

Rivers is no baby. Dude is tough as nails and is a winner and doesnt whine to the press.....ever.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #18
Sassy
Ring of Famer
 
Sassy's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Location: ND
Posts: 37,667

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal
Default

Nah...whatever...he just gets fined for taunting calls....and pouts on the sidelines
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #19
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer
 
Boltjolt's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,034
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
Nah...whatever...he just gets fined for taunting calls....and pouts on the sidelines
Yea ok. Nobody even knows what he said. Probably something like"golly man, your sweaty behind is on my mouthpiece" while he was trying to pick it up.

I just cant get over how you guys say he pouts but when you HAD Cutler, it was never brought up and the whiner pouted all the time. Now you see him for what he is.

Rivers is a stud but i understand a division rival fan wont be man enough to admit it. Dude put 436 on Baltimore and 303 on Miami today with no running game.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-27-2009 at 07:14 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 07:12 PM   #20
rastaman
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 7,180

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I think McDaniels deserves some huge credit here. Matt Cassle? Tom Brady? And Orton? Bowlen is looking like a smart, smart man.
Hell Garcia....we would be 3-0 with you as Denver's QB!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #21
Spider
Mr Diplomacy
 
Spider's Avatar
 
I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Elway was just an arm =MacGruder
Posts: 84,163

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killericon View Post
Sometimes, yelling at your teammates is called leadership, other times it's called whining. I wanna know the difference.
The difference is , you yell at the player , then it is over , you dont rant on the sideline ..... say your piece and then let it be .......... dont carry on or go overboard .......
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.
 
DenverBrit's Avatar
 
Got a breath mint??

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,263

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Hell Garcia....we would be 3-0 with you as Denver's QB!
....and 0-3 with you as the coach.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Denver Broncos