The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson
Default Steve McNair Wishes You Happy Halloween From Beyond The Grave!

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/09/23/s...red-in-king%2F

Quote:
Nothing says Halloween like the fake skeleton of an NFL quarterback murdered by his mistress. At least that was the initial opinion of King's Island Amusement Park -- because, as part of their Halloween Haunt show, a skeleton depicting Steve McNair wearing a No. 9 jersey and holding a Titans helmet with the top blown off was on display, an apparent reference to the two bullet wounds McNair suffered on the night he died. As if that weren't enough, a skeleton depiction of Sahel Kazemi, McNair's 20-year old mistress who Nashville police have said murdered the football star in the early morning hours of July 4, 2009, lies across the McNair skeleton's lap, wearing a piece of slinky red lingerie.

Videos of the display emerged courtesy of a sneak peak given to WLVT in Cincinnati and immediately drew intense scrutiny.

In the display, the McNair figure sits on a couch, assuming the same position in which he was murdered, and the Kazemi figure rests on its lap. At the skeletons' feet, a gun lies on the ground. The couple are just two of the familiar faces included in the Haunt: A skeleton depicting Heath Ledger is shown surrounded by bottles of pills (Ledger overdosed in January 2008), and a skeleton is dressed like Michael Jackson in pajamas. But it's McNair's image alongside his mistress that has the city of Nashville horrified.

George Plaster, the host of Nashville's highest rated radio show at 104.5 The Zone, reacted with outrage. So did the callers on his show Wednesday evening. "I don't think the city is going to take it well at all," Plaster said, "This is a city that prides itself on having some taste and values, and I just can't see anything about what they're doing that has any good taste at all. I was shocked and totally appalled, and I think most people in Nashville are as well."

Kings Island is located 24 miles north of Cincinnati, Ohio, roughly 260 miles from the city of Nashville. It is the second-most visited seasonal theme park in America, behind Cedar Point, and the park does a Halloween-themed event each year. This year's Halloween Haunt debuts on September 25 and runs for 16 nights through Halloween. The Web site advises parents: "Halloween Haunt includes graphic scenes, suggestive themes, and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences; not recommended for children. No one and nothing is off limits!"

Including an NFL quarterback and his murdering mistress.

When reached by FanHouse, a spokesperson for Kings Island, Don Helbig, said the following, "There will not be a scene at our Halloween event that features Steve McNair or anyone that resembles him."

With video and pictures of the skeletons circulating online, Helbig at first declined to acknowledge that they had ever existed. "There was no reference to Steve McNair at all. No jersey, nothing." Upon being informed that the pictures and video were already online, Helbig again insisted that the skeletons would not be featured on Friday when the event opens. Pressed as to when the skeletons were removed from the park, Helbig stuck to his talking points. "Our event does not open until Friday," he said, "We meant him no disrespect."
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
bap454
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I wonder if they also the career suicide of BMarsh on display?
bap454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Low class.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #4
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Wow, is that the epitome of tastelessness or what?
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #5
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Low class.

No class
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Pretty tasteless, despite McNair's squeaky clean image, he WAS with his Mistress.

Somewhere there is golden rule here, or 2.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
brncs_fan
How about some Tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Manti Teo

You stay classy Cincinnati
brncs_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I disapprove.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:26 PM   #9
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!

We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM   #10
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

eh I don't see anything wrong myself. i work in the haunt industry and part of what we do is push the envelope with what is normal to the world and bring the general public into a state of uneasiness which in return causes them to enjoy the scares in the haunts which leads to the having the fun the paid to get when they bought as ticket.

Ricght after the Vick fiasco we had a room in our house where a big animatronic dog had 2 bodies in it's pen, one of which was wearing a vick jersey. People got a kick out of it and thus enjoyed themselves.

It's not like they poked fun at innocent people here. what they depicted was truth to a point, and sometimes the truth hurts. Now I would never do that type of scene myself at a death but at the same time it comes with the industry. And in these down times economically this haunt just got priceless free publicity as well as i would bet a ton of curious onlookers will now buy tickets to visit thier attraction. KUDOS!

This is one of those times were the protestors are doing more good for what they are protesting by bringing to forefront. If they never said anything noone would have known thus not have been curious. And those most directly mad probably have never spent nor were going to spend their money to visit anyways so no money lose there, money gain from free publicity.

Last edited by bfoflcommish; 09-24-2009 at 09:17 PM..
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #11
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Tacky and tasteless but, really, isn't that what Halloween is all about? Probably more a case of "too soon" but with Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson part of the exhibit, you could see what they were getting at. Hope they had a Ted Kennedy exhibit too.
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
atomicbloke
Ring of Famer

La 12 Boca Juniors

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Offensive Line

Very poor taste.
atomicbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:50 AM   #13
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I lol'd and would pay to go see a haunted house full of em.... Steve McNair was no saint so why should I cry a river over this?
rmsanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:45 AM   #14
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Typical Cincinnati tho ... As someone who as lived here their whole life , once a week you see a story on the news that before they tell you it's from Ohio , you cringe hoping it aint ... This is one of those moments ...

Billy Mays

Farrah Fawcett

A number of other celebrities were featured in the display including Ted Kennedy,Patrick Swayze, and Ed McMahon.

Maybe a big giant Too Soon KI , Too Soon !!! I Mean hell most these people aint been dead a year , not if they had been dead a long time it would be any different .

Here's a link with some of the others ... The Heath Ledger one is just wrong , as all of them are...

http://www.wlwt.com/slideshow/news/21043421/detail.html
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:05 AM   #15
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap454 View Post
I wonder if they also the career suicide of BMarsh on display?
Bmarsh isn't committing career suicide just b/c he doesn't want to play in Denver anymore! Teams can let go of a player at anytime. And players can leave a team after their contract is up and enter into FA. What part of that don't you understand

The NFL is a Business! I thought you knew this fact.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:07 AM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post
Tacky and tasteless but, really, isn't that what Halloween is all about? Probably more a case of "too soon" but with Heath Ledger and Michael Jackson part of the exhibit, you could see what they were getting at. Hope they had a Ted Kennedy exhibit too.
Hope one day they add Dick Cheney and Rumsfeld, and Reagan to the exhibit too!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:34 AM   #17
Miss I.
Dom Casual Groupie

b**** Please!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wes Welker

Pretty crass and tasteless. Partly because it's too soon for some of the celebs, but largely in part of how they did the display. Depicting their real life death scenes is pretty grotesque. Let me put it this way, my grandmother died last year in a hospice, do you think for halloween I want to do a display of an elderly woman in a hospital bed, dead? I think not (just as I don't want to see Farrah or Patrick on their death bed). If I wanted to do something in honor of her, my guess is it wouldn't be that. These celebs that died, have familiies, just because they are famous doesn't give these morons free reign to create tacky displays out of their deaths. I realize famous murders have been on display in a number of venues forever (I mean, I would imagine Jack the Ripper probably has been done a million times). But a little discretion and taste might be in order. But, they got the media attention they wanted so I suppose that's all that matters for them in the end, is how much money will this make them.
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 AM   #18
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

It's always weird to still see Billy Mays on TV.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
And you communists would be the first ones to tell us such an exhibit was "art" and we should understand the artist's rage and not be censors, etc.
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:30 PM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBob View Post
Yes, if all tasteless was in the haunted house every year then why not. But to just have McNair is pretty brutal. As for Teddy, would this be of Mary Jo under submerged water or Teddy leaving the scene? His death was too boring for any good room scene.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:

Heck i bet you could get funding from the NEA
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #23
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Low class.

Ya, I saw that too and I thought it was awefull. Steve McNair was a great man, and shouldnt be treated like that.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:27 AM   #24
Gort
Ring of Famer

Shabby Poster. Very Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kelly Brook

Quote:
**** off, dickhead.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:29 AM   #25
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Jesus you're an idiot.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote