The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC
Default Scouts Inc. Week 3 - Broncos @ Raiders

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scout...meId=290927013

Broncos-Raiders: 10 observations By Doug Kretz
Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland
When: 4:15 PM ET
Watch: CBS
More scouting reports: Week 3

Scouts Inc. Position Advantage
QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Broncos-Raiders matchup.

1. Denver must establish the run early: The Raiders gave up 173 yards to Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. We can expect the Broncos to concentrate on the run in this game as well. Starting RB Correll Buckhalter averaged 8.4 yards per carry while rookie Knowshon Moreno had 17 carries for 75 yards against the Cleveland Browns in Week 2. Denver will want to control the clock and sustain long drives with a strong ground game in Oakland.

2. Expect the Broncos to try and make Oakland one-dimensional: If Denver can take away Oakland's ground game and force the Raiders to throw the ball, this game could get ugly. The Raiders have struggled when it comes to protecting the pocket and Denver's outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil broke out with a four-sack game against the Browns. Look for Denver to slide extra defenders into the box to plug up the run lanes and contain Oakland's backs.

3. Denver needs to pressure the pocket in obvious passing situations: Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell is not as mobile as Brady Quinn, whom the Broncos sacked and pressured extensively in Week 2, and should provide an easier target to rush. When under pressure Russell tends to force the issue and can be forced into bad decisions.

4. Look for the Broncos to attack the middle of the field with their passing game: The Raiders have one of the league's best shutdown corners in Nnamdi Asomugha but with the Broncos' three-receiver sets, Denver can attack the other side of the field as well as the middle, where the Raiders are somewhat vulnerable to the pass. Tight ends Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler could be primary targets down the middle as well.

5. One matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Marshall vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Asomugha will need to be physical with Marshall as he tries to disrupt their timing in the passing game.

6. Oakland also needs to establish the ground game early: Russell has struggled when trying to throw the ball to his wide receivers. Of the 21 passes he has completed in his first two games only eight have been to his WRs and six of those have gone to rookie WR Louis Murphy. If they can establish a strong ground game it will go a long ways to taking pressure off their passing attack.

7. Expect the Raiders to slow down Denver's pass rush with draws and screen passes: The best way to slow down a defense's pressure/blitz package is to run draw plays and throw a lot of screen passes which allow the pass rushers to run right past the play as they focus on breaking down the pocket. A short passing game might also be effective for Russell's confidence and timing.

8. Oakland needs to continue to move DE Richard Seymour around: Seymour presents matchup issues with virtually every offensive line and is one of the few defensive linemen that forces opposing offensive coordinators to game plan around him. The more they move Seymour around, the more difficult it becomes for the Broncos to scheme their blocking. Seymour can rush the passer from the inside as well as come off the edge as a defensive end and has the strength to defend the run from either position.

9. Look for the Oakland to bring a pressure defense to force turnovers: The Broncos have turned the ball over just once in their first two games -- with no interceptions. Oakland needs to force Broncos QB Kyle Orton into some bad decisions as they try to force the issue.

10. Another matchup to watch -- Denver ROLB Elvis Dumervil vs. Oakland LOT Mario Henderson: The Broncos' right OLB Elvis Dumervil looked a lot more at home in their second game as he came up with four QB sacks and five hits on Cleveland's QB Brady Quinn. He presents matchup problems with virtually every tackle he faces due to his explosive quickness and short stature -- he gets underneath blockers and forces them to really concentrate on keeping their pad level down. Henderson will definitely have his hands full here.

Prediction
Denver 19
Oakland 17
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider.espn.go.com

Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland

QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

i disagree with DB...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Haha, I hope they're retarded enough to put Asomugha on Marshall. Just leave Marshall out there to run around confused and keep him occupied all day
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/scout...meId=290927013

Scouts Inc.
Denver at Oakland

QB - Denver
RB - Oakland
WR - Denver
OL - Denver
DL - Oakland
LB - Denver
DB - Oakland
ST - Denver
Coach - DENVER!!!

After breaking down film of both teams, Scouts Inc. offers 10 things to watch in this week's Broncos-Raiders matchup.

1. Denver must establish the run early: The Raiders gave up 173 yards to Larry Johnson and the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. We can expect the Broncos to concentrate on the run in this game as well. Starting RB Correll Buckhalter averaged 8.4 yards per carry while rookie Knowshon Moreno had 17 carries for 75 yards against the Cleveland Browns in Week 2. Denver will want to control the clock and sustain long drives with a strong ground game in Oakland.

2. Expect the Broncos to try and make Oakland one-dimensional: If Denver can take away Oakland's ground game and force the Raiders to throw the ball, this game could get ugly. The Raiders have struggled when it comes to protecting the pocket and Denver's outside linebacker Elvis Dumervil broke out with a four-sack game against the Browns. Look for Denver to slide extra defenders into the box to plug up the run lanes and contain Oakland's backs.

3. Denver needs to pressure the pocket in obvious passing situations: Oakland QB JaMarcus Russell is not as mobile as Brady Quinn, whom the Broncos sacked and pressured extensively in Week 2, and should provide an easier target to rush. When under pressure Russell tends to force the issue and can be forced into bad decisions.

4. Look for the Broncos to attack the middle of the field with their passing game: The Raiders have one of the league's best shutdown corners in Nnamdi Asomugha but with the Broncos' three-receiver sets, Denver can attack the other side of the field as well as the middle, where the Raiders are somewhat vulnerable to the pass. Tight ends Daniel Graham and Tony Scheffler could be primary targets down the middle as well.

5. One matchup to watch -- Denver WR Brandon Marshall vs. Oakland CB Nnamdi Asomugha: Asomugha will need to be physical with Marshall as he tries to disrupt their timing in the passing game.

6. Oakland also needs to establish the ground game early: Russell has struggled when trying to throw the ball to his wide receivers. Of the 21 passes he has completed in his first two games only eight have been to his WRs and six of those have gone to rookie WR Louis Murphy. If they can establish a strong ground game it will go a long ways to taking pressure off their passing attack.

7. Expect the Raiders to slow down Denver's pass rush with draws and screen passes: The best way to slow down a defense's pressure/blitz package is to run draw plays and throw a lot of screen passes which allow the pass rushers to run right past the play as they focus on breaking down the pocket. A short passing game might also be effective for Russell's confidence and timing.

8. Oakland needs to continue to move DE Richard Seymour around: Seymour presents matchup issues with virtually every offensive line and is one of the few defensive linemen that forces opposing offensive coordinators to game plan around him. The more they move Seymour around, the more difficult it becomes for the Broncos to scheme their blocking. Seymour can rush the passer from the inside as well as come off the edge as a defensive end and has the strength to defend the run from either position.

9. Look for the Oakland to bring a pressure defense to force turnovers: The Broncos have turned the ball over just once in their first two games -- with no interceptions. Oakland needs to force Broncos QB Kyle Orton into some bad decisions as they try to force the issue.

10. Another matchup to watch -- Denver ROLB Elvis Dumervil vs. Oakland LOT Mario Henderson: The Broncos' right OLB Elvis Dumervil looked a lot more at home in their second game as he came up with four QB sacks and five hits on Cleveland's QB Brady Quinn. He presents matchup problems with virtually every tackle he faces due to his explosive quickness and short stature -- he gets underneath blockers and forces them to really concentrate on keeping their pad level down. Henderson will definitely have his hands full here.

Prediction
Denver 19
Oakland 17
Does anyone here think the big battle will be between Nnamdi and B-Marsh? How about the other Brandon? Stokley vs. the entire middle of the field is my matchup to watch.

Otherwise, not a bad write up.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 PM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No way they don't put Asomugha on B Marshall.

Marshall about ready to bust out and you don't want it to be because he was going against your nickel back.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #6
The Dread Pirate Roberts
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Royal is the guy to watch. He hasn't had the breakout game yet this season but it's coming.
The Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

is Nnamdi 100%?

I seem to remember he got dinged up against the Chuggers
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #8
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Royal and Marshall and Moreno I think will be the players to look out for. They are all due and their DB's are good
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #9
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Hopefully McD doesn't try the same gameplan that Bates tried against the Faid at Denver--chuck the long ball and hope for a catch.

I know that won't happen. It's crazy how different our offense is than the last time when we played them with Cutler, but w/o a defense. I forget, why did we go away from the running game and Payton in that game? I just remember being really, really frustrated. Now, we've got a stable of able backs, the game manager at QB, and a reasonable defense. It'll be interesting.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Stop the run, and dont turn the ball over and we win. Pretty simple game plan this week.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #11
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

I wanna see Tom Cable get pissed of and slug another one of his coaches
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #12
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGcver2ver3 View Post
i disagree with DB...
Yes, and I disagree with RB, too. McFadden has been effective as a situational runner, and he has a lot of potential. We have similar level of potential in Moreno. So far this year we have more rushing yards than them. Their team had only slightly more running yards than ours last year, despite the fact that we lost 5 RBs to injury. I give us the edge on rushing and I fully expect that to play out in the game.

Their DBs are very good, but I think with Champ and Dawk playing at a high level, as well as solid role players and depth, you could easily make a case that we match them.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #13
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Normally i worry about the faid. I thought they would beat the bolts and almost did. I also thought we would lose to them last year and we got creamed. My super psychic abilities say- we should ROMP THE MUTHA **** S*** OUT OF THEM!!!!

A big day for our whole team.
underrated29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #14
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

Michael Huff has three interceptions in just the first two games, and leads the AFC in that category.
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #15
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

The defense will have to play pretty well for us to win.

24-10 good guys.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well, 3 years later, they have Huff and we have Cu...errr...Orton? Oh sh**! Maybe they made the better move that day...?

Just playing, I know some people will get all riled up. EDDDDDDD RRRRRRREEEEEEEED!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

did anyone see that abomination this last week against the Chefs?

they looked worse than a high school team

if they play like that, we have this in the bag....we really just need to stick with the same gameplan, not test their secondary and run it down their throat with a sprinkle of some tight end work

the absolute key to this game will boil down to turnovers

I am not 100% sure Nnamdi is at full health right now either
Old 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #18
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

In fact I am going to go ahead and sort of disagree with them on DL as well. The advantage is presumably based upon the presence of Seymour, and he is a force no doubt. However, our DL has accrued 7 sacks to their 5, and has allowed 140 rushing yards to their 250. I don't think at this point you can say San Diego and KC's run game or pass protection that much better than Cincy and Cleveland.

We own them statistically in this category at this point.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:13 PM   #19
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
did anyone see that abomination this last week against the Chefs?

they looked worse than a high school team

if they play like that, we have this in the bag....we really just need to stick with the same gameplan, not test their secondary and run it down their throat with a sprinkle of some tight end work

the absolute key to this game will boil down to turnovers

I am not 100% sure Nnamdi is at full health right now either
Stop yourself right there. Nothing is ever in the "bag". Gonna be a tough tough game
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:23 PM   #20
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofan2438 View Post
Stop yourself right there. Nothing is ever in the "bag". Gonna be a tough tough game
The raiders are in the flaming bag on the principal's door step. Get it? cause they're dog poo! They're in the bag.... oh I'm hilarious.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #21
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
good lord

ok chief, you got it
Old 09-23-2009, 04:42 PM   #22
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I think this could be a good game. Esp. if Marshall is ready to go full pace for a full game.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:43 PM   #23
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

Quote:
I actually agree, I think it's going to be tight. Raiders are already fighting for their season; think feral dog backed into a corner
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #24
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Its a divisional game with two teams playing good D so far...gonna be a close game.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
Rock Chalk
Cheeky Bastards

Laus Deo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Why do people think the Raiders are going to put up 2 TDs on us?

Thats insane.
Rock Chalk is offline   Reply With Quote