The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #1
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default Broncos' Marshall all kinds of happy

Quote:
Brandon Marshall is trying to douse the drama surrounding him and stiff-arm any potential distraction his past drama may have brought to the team.

The Broncos' once-star receiver was a soldier for the team-before-self concept today.

When Marshall was asked about not playing through most of the second quarter Sunday in a 27-6 victory against the Cleveland Browns, he said: "Sir, you keep asking the same question. I keep answering it. I don't know what else you want me to do. I'm excited about playing against Oakland. I'm excited about us being 2-0. All I can do is do my job.

"Me being out there, not being out there as much as I used to be is something I have to get used to, but it's the National Football league.

Things change. I think I'm good enough to be out there, but it doesn't matter what I think, so all I can do is embrace it. I've learned from trying to fight the system. You know what, this is a great time of the season for us to be 2-0."

Does this mean Marshall, who issued a trade request on June 12, and again August 17, is happy to be a Bronco?

"You guys are asking me questions from a month ago," Marshall said. "That's in the past. We're 2-0, the fans are happy, the players are happy, coaches are happy. Everybody's happy. Every Denver Bronco, fan, are happy right now. And I'm the same."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13402679
Hope he is sincere.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Great. Now learn the damn playbook.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
dbfan21
Broncos Fan in Florida

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I hope he's sincere too but let's analyze this statement:

"You guys are asking me questions from a month ago," Marshall said. "That's in the past. We're 2-0, the fans are happy, the players are happy, coaches are happy. Everybody's happy. Every Denver Bronco, fan, are happy right now. And I'm the same."

He said every Bronco and fan are happy right now, then said and I'm the same. By being "the same", does that mean he's happy too or does that mean he has the same attitude he had two months ago?
dbfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
gtown
Perennial Pro-bowler

Hoya Saxa!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juggernaut #46

I bet he burst a blood vessel in his head after that interview. He didn't look too happy on the sidelines during the first half.

If this were Shanny's team, he woulda been out there the whole game, no matter what grasp of the playbook he had. Funny what accountability will teach people.
gtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #5
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post

He said every Bronco and fan are happy right now, then said and I'm the same. By being "the same", does that mean he's happy too or does that mean he has the same attitude he had two months ago?
You're thinking way too much into it. Marshall can't even read a picture book, his quotes don't need dissecting.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
goldengopher1976
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I am satisfied to let his film study and play on the field speak for themselves. These kind of quotes serve only one purpose: filler.
goldengopher1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM   #7
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfan21 View Post

Take it a step further: he's saying (1) the Broncos are happy, (2) the Broncos fans are happy, and (3) he's happy. Therefore, he doesn't view himself as either a Bronco or a fan of the Broncos. He's something else.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Brandon Marshall is trying to douse the drama surrounding him and stiff-arm any potential distraction his past drama may have brought to the team.

The Broncos' once-star receiver was a soldier for the team-before-self concept today.

When Marshall was asked about not playing through most of the second quarter Sunday in a 27-6 victory against the Cleveland Browns, he said: "Sir, you keep asking the same question. I keep answering it. I don't know what else you want me to do. I'm excited about playing against Oakland. I'm excited about us being 2-0. All I can do is do my job.

"Me being out there, not being out there as much as I used to be is something I have to get used to, but it's the National Football league.

Things change. I think I'm good enough to be out there, but it doesn't matter what I think, so all I can do is embrace it. I've learned from trying to fight the system. You know what, this is a great time of the season for us to be 2-0."

Does this mean Marshall, who issued a trade request on June 12, and again August 17, is happy to be a Bronco?

As soon as I saw this, I knew who wrote it. Klis is such a management suckface.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I think we would be best suited to just take it at face value, maybe he is getting it now

I am as unhappy with him as the next guy but do we need to pick apart everything he says? Maybe he means it, maybe Rod and Shannon and McD got through to him

I bet we will see Sunday
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:58 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's not like B Marsh didn't contribute. He made some plays and as he gets into football shape, gets more practice reps, he will begin to dominate.

The microscope Broncos under is pretty funny considering we haven't been in Superbowl since 1998. With haven't been even close but once in 2005. People still love some Bronco drama though!!!! It's ok man we can handle it and so can Marshall.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
Mr. Elway
cakn patna

I couldn't care less about how he reacts to a reporter hounding him with stupid questions about his feelings. He probably does not feel good about the situation, nor should he. He will only be happy when he is playing to his ability, and barring something off the field, I see that happening sooner rather than later.

The only relevant thing is how Marshall's play progresses as the season goes on. It's in his interest and the team's for him to do well. I think he did better in game 2 than game 1, and I bet he will be more productive this Sunday than last.
Mr. Elway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #13
Anaximines
Anaximines

Anaximines

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

That article put a pretty positive spin on the interview. After seeing Marshall say all of those things... it seemed like a pretty tense interview to me. The reporters kept asking him about his "two mistakes in two games" and if he wasn't on the field as much because he was being punished for his mistakes. I seem to remember an important holding call against Marshall in the last game? I wonder if there's something to that... I was thinking the same thing already as a possible reason we didn't see Hillis more against CLE: was he being punished for fumbling the opening kickoff?
Anaximines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 PM   #14
milehighJC
Solid Starter

IMHO, this is pretty simple. Its PR speak. He has clearly been coached on how to respond to these questions - by his agent, but a PR guy, by the Broncos... who knows, who cares. It gives you precisely no insight into what he is thinking. The answer is designed not to tell you anything, but to move on to the next question.

The only way to conclude where his head is at is watch how he plays Sunday. I for one wasn't too impressed with the Browns game performance, but thats me.

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:08 PM   #15
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighJC View Post
IMHO, this is pretty simple. Its PR speak. He has clearly been coached on how to respond to these questions - by his agent, but a PR guy, by the Broncos... who knows, who cares. It gives you precisely no insight into what he is thinking. The answer is designed not to tell you anything, but to move on to the next question.

The only way to conclude where his head is at is watch how he plays Sunday. I for one wasn't too impressed with the Browns game performance, but thats me.

jc
That pretty much covers it.

But for the record, his answer didn't sound very happy. Not that I expect him to be. He's not getting paid... he's not paying much. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but... that's Brandon for you! He rarely ever makes the right decision. Why start now?
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Great. Now learn the damn playbook.
Get off Marshalls case....why don'tcha. He's out there trying his best and moving forward.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #17
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

what the interview, he is putting on his i'm happy face...not really buying what he's selling.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:18 PM   #18
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
That pretty much covers it.

But for the record, his answer didn't sound very happy. Not that I expect him to be. He's not getting paid... he's not paying much. It's a lose-lose for everyone, but... that's Brandon for you! He rarely ever makes the right decision. Why start now?
I'll grade Bmarsh based on how consistent Orton is leading the team and moving the ball. After all last I checked a WR doesn't pass the ball to himself. Brandon has been playing just as inconsistent as Orton has been playing.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #19
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Get off Marshalls case....why don'tcha. He's out there trying his best and moving forward.
Trying his best and moving forward? Funniest thing I've read on here in quite awhile.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #20
Hogan11
Rock-N-Roll Historian

Let's take these SOB's out!!!!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Floyd Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
what the interview, he is putting on his i'm happy face...not really buying what he's selling.
The last paragraph is the most telling...everyone is happy, yet he's still the same (disgruntled). What I saw Sunday, pretty much confirmed as much.
Hogan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #21
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

Well, they've broken that Bronco...

Let's see if he can still race.

IMO, he's finnally figured out fighting reality isn't going to get him anywhere but on the sidelines.

He's saying the right things now, who knows what's going inside. Personally, I hope he doesn't find trouble off the field before he's tagged.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:28 PM   #22
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Doesn't sound happy to me, sounds like he is just saying the right things.

Cant wait to see what he says if we win this weekend.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 PM   #23
Sassy
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
What a joke...he's off to the sidelines barely interacting with coaches and teammates.
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:30 PM   #24
Meck77

It's actually comforting to me that we've found enough depth at WR to win our games thus far. If you all recall it took us many years to even find a consistent second WR after Eddie Mac retired.

The thought of winning games without Marshall last year would have seemed impossible since he was put on such a pedestal by Shanny. I love the way McD is handling Marshall and treating him like another cog in the wheel which he really is and maybe starting to realize.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 PM   #25
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Can't get blood out of a stone. Marshall will make the best out of the 2009 season. Some fans may not be happy with Bmarsh's performance yet ignore Orton's suspect performance as well. Go figure. Kyle isn't under the microscope buth Brandon is! As a result, Marshall will continue to get the negative press and comments. One thing is for sure the Marshall haters will be pissed b/c Marshall won't be able to put up his 07 and 08 stats, but will biasely ignore the inconsistent lousy performance from Orton.