The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
mizzoutigers
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 352
Default Marshall has 2 neurons

Beat writer Jeff Legwold suggests that Brandon Marshall doesn't have a firm grasp on exactly what the Broncos are trying to do in the passing game.
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes and is constantly getting direction from Kyle Orton or the coaches when he leaves the field. Basically, Orton can't trust Marshall to be where he's expected to be. Marshall spent a lot of the team's Week 2 win on the sideline, something that won't change until Marshall fixes this problem.

You know the best fit for this guy would be in Oakland, a cesspool of ignorant losers
mizzoutigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,619

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It's probably because Marshall admitted he didn't know the playbook after having missed some camps. This is why I don't know how serious this guy is of being an NFL player and whether or not he'll even be in the NFL in a few years. Just as a lot of growing up to do, on and off the field.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 46,781

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Better than having just one
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:14 AM   #4
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer
 
supermanhr9's Avatar
 
"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Back in DENVER BABY!!
Posts: 1,214

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody
Default

it makes a lot of sense. You know Orton takes a lot of heat, but he is proving to be smarter than I thought. He has taken to the system, and makes smart plays even though they are not glamorous, i.e:
- throwing at receivers feet because the reception would only amount to a even gain or a loss of yards, so avoiding any injury or fumble;

- throwing the ball away to avoid a sack or a pick;

- checking down to the dump off route routinely, which forces the defense to toughen up their coverage, thus creating down field opportunities and more holes for the running game.

It's not the typical glamorous offense we're used too, but it's working rigth now. I'll be very curious in our first test in a division rival, then with Dallas, all leading up to the trenches of hell the NFL calls the middle of our schedule.
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,064

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Thank God. I was wondering if he had a pair.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,117

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

We may be looking at the next Jerry Porter.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,425
Default

Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes



IMO, Orton and shanny's guys look that way. there's no hesitation when you watch Buckhalter, Gaffney, Graham, or Lamont Jordon
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 AM   #8
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

But when he gets the ball good things happen...........just sayin
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 AM   #9
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
But when he gets the ball good things happen...........just sayin
have to run the correct route then actually catch the ball to do that also...just sayin'
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:49 AM   #10
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,870

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

i hope he improves for oakland. we will need him.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
have to run the correct route then actually catch the ball to do that also...just sayin'
Stokely dropped easy passes as well is he dogging it as well..........sheesh
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:56 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Stokely dropped easy passes as well is he dogging it as well..........sheesh
nahh he's white....he gets a free pass

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:00 AM   #13
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Stokely dropped easy passes as well is he dogging it as well..........sheesh
I know you are joking to prove a point, but you couldn't have picked a worse player to compare against

Stokley is dominating so far in the offense, I think he gets a pass on some drops as would BMarsh if he actually had his head out of his ass
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 AM   #14
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I know you are joking to prove a point, but you couldn't have picked a worse player to compare against

Stokley is dominating so far in the offense, I think he gets a pass on some drops as would BMarsh if he actually had his head out of his ass
I like stokely don't get me wrong I'm just getting sick of all the "I am a high and mighty poster" sh*t

although Marshall may not be going the right route to a new contract he still is the best reciever we have and makes plays when he gets the ball and drops passes just like every wr in the game
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:15 AM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

I am not a high and mighty poster, sorry if I even appeared to come off like that

I agree he COULD be our best WR, right now he isn't
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
Stokely dropped easy passes as well is he dogging it as well..........sheesh
He also is in the spot when the ball arrives unlike Marshall. Gaffney get it and why he is in there when we go 3 wide and Marshall is on the sideline. But you know better. You probably think he is still being punished for f ing up Training Camp. Here is a bit of news for ya and the others who are in the BM camp: He is f ing up himself. Timing passes better be in perfection between the receiver and ORton. If not, you can possibly have a pick that goes the other way. Next time you boo Orton for throwing in a spot that no one is there, look around and see if Marshall was in the vicinity. It might be that BM wasnt in the right spot. Marshall is looking at a 4th receiver right now.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #17
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,605

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I like stokely don't get me wrong I'm just getting sick of all the "I am a high and mighty poster" sh*t

although Marshall may not be going the right route to a new contract he still is the best reciever we have and makes plays when he gets the ball and drops passes just like every wr in the game
great choice of words since he didnt go the right route on Sunday too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 AM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,799
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
Legwold says that Marshall is hesitant in his routes



IMO, Orton and shanny's guys look that way. there's no hesitation when you watch Buckhalter, Gaffney, Graham, or Lamont Jordon
Stokley hasn't had any problems, and Sheffler seems to be fitting in nicely.

I think this is a slow start for Royal, but I expect him to do big things in this offense.

Marshall just is what he is, and this team will be better without him.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #19
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

if we start using Royal in the same way we use Stokes with those short "run with it" routes, watch out
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:29 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 24,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Stokley hasn't had any problems, and Sheffler seems to be fitting in nicely.

I think this is a slow start for Royal, but I expect him to do big things in this offense.

Marshall just is what he is, and this team will be better without him.
my bad...Orton just sucks

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #21
HEAV
Ring of Famer
 
HEAV's Avatar
 
It's about the Team

Join Date: May 2003
Location: The Ville
Posts: 12,040

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins
Default

There was a reason why McDaniels added the reverse play to the game plan last week. He wanted to give Brandon a chance to be involved on the field. It's clear to see Marshall is lost at times and the offense is being dumbed down for him (when he's in the game) simple screens and routes designed to get him the ball, but not risk a turnover on him not being in the correct spot.

The old way od "Just throw it at me Jay" are gone and not coming back. It's about playing within the offensive system and knowing your role.
HEAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #22
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He also is in the spot when the ball arrives unlike Marshall. Gaffney get it and why he is in there when we go 3 wide and Marshall is on the sideline. But you know better. You probably think he is still being punished for f ing up Training Camp. Here is a bit of news for ya and the others who are in the BM camp: He is f ing up himself. Timing passes better be in perfection between the receiver and ORton. If not, you can possibly have a pick that goes the other way. Next time you boo Orton for throwing in a spot that no one is there, look around and see if Marshall was in the vicinity. It might be that BM wasnt in the right spot. Marshall is looking at a 4th receiver right now.
NO SHYT and why jump on me for just sayin that Stokeley dropped a fuggin pass

Didn't mean to get your panties in a bunch go take a valuim and chill
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:44 AM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 19,508
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRabb View Post
I am not a high and mighty poster, sorry if I even appeared to come off like that

I agree he COULD be our best WR, right now he isn't
I wasn't implying that Rabb it's the Mane in general anymore
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:54 AM   #24
TailgateNut
Bleedin' orange!
 
TailgateNut's Avatar
 
.......as much as tebonites

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mile High
Posts: 19,868

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Howard Griffith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I like stokely don't get me wrong I'm just getting sick of all the "I am a high and mighty poster" sh*t

although Marshall may not be going the right route to a new contract he still is the best reciever we have and makes plays when he gets the ball and drops passes just like every wr in the game
He's not only not going the right ROUTE to a new contract, he's also not running the right route.

He has "Head up the Ass syndrome". On the field, negotiating contracts and in his personal life.
TailgateNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #25
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
I wasn't implying that Rabb it's the Mane in general anymore
cool

and I agree with the overall tone of the place
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Denver Broncos