The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM   #1
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe
 
Swedish Extrovert's Avatar
 
Formerly known as mightysmurf

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Highlands Ranch
Posts: 15,945

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton
Default ROF Ceremony - Bowlen

Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I don't think it's getting enough play here.

Anyone at the game yesterday watch the Shannon Sharpe induction ceremony?

When Bowlen was introduced onto the field, surprisingly, most of the stadium erupted in boos. Certainly more than who were cheering.

All this for a guy who has given the city of Denver the winningest football franchise in America during his tenure, and brought 2 championships to town.

Bad form, Broncos fans.
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,119
Default

Didn't know that. That sucks. WTF Broncos fans?
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #3
leon
Just Drafted
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 43

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Some of these broncos fanS need to grow up!!!!

Last edited by leon; 09-21-2009 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: MISSPELLING
leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,699

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

wow, boo the guy who has been nothing but great to this city. you know who the real fans are then. booing the owner whos had one of the most successful runs at football of any pro sport owner is absolutely ridiculous
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...
 
BlaK-Argentina's Avatar
 
... support your team!

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Villa La Angostura
Posts: 5,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
wow, boo the guy who has been nothing but great to this city. you know who the real fans are then. booing the owner whos had one of the most successful runs at football of any pro sport owner is absolutely ridiculous
And all because we lost a whiny b**** of a turnover prone QB and a coach that had gone stale. They had no business booing Bowlen.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

make a billion dollars?

jeez.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #7
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,585

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Who the heck are these people? Makes me angry. Not a true representation.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #8
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,717

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Wow,thats disappointing big time.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:47 PM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,218

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

They were yelling "you gutless drunk." It sounds like boo when it crescendos down from 70,000 members of the classy Bronco Nation.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #10
phillybroncosnut
Ring of Famer
 
phillybroncosnut's Avatar
 
The HOF is BLIND!!!

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 9,961
Default

No... That cant be true... According to people here, only Philly fans boo
phillybroncosnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Broncosfreak_56
Concrete Cyanide
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lakewood
Posts: 1,557

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

I didn't really notice it.
Broncosfreak_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

He probably forgot about it by now.

But good to know that the fans are showing Bowlen whos really boss and what they think about his performance as owner over the last offseason.

As much as he may resent it, we are Bronco fans, not Pat Bowlen fans. That team belongs to Denver. And we will still be here long after Pat Bowlen is gone.

Last edited by spdirty; 09-21-2009 at 05:52 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 15,990

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Yah, there are some real sorry ass Bronco fans floating around, many of them in Denver and surrounds. I don't mind criticism, but to boo the team at home disgusts me, disgusts me to my heart.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #14
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 52,964

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

He should sell the franchise to Bidwell and give them something to boo about. Or how about Art Modell? Al Davis? Bunch of spoiled brats. Do we have a thumbs down smilie?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
orinjkrush
...
 
orinjkrush's Avatar
 
Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: FrontRangeAbove8500ft
Posts: 5,102

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland
Default

who "owns" the DENVER Broncos?

Bowlen?

DENVER?

What about the Boise Broncos? OOPS.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #16
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

There are a few idiots at every game. I wasn't there, so I don't know what percentage of people were booing.

I do know that Mr. B did the right thing this off-season, and the results are showing this to be the case thus far.

Anyone who would attack him over one off-season simply has no football intelligence nor any sense of historical perspective with regards to this team.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #17
colonelbeef
Lets be friend
 
colonelbeef's Avatar
 
Elway is the new Jerry West

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 3,876

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
There are a few idiots at every game. I wasn't there, so I don't know what percentage of people were booing.

I do know that Mr. B did the right thing this off-season, and the results are showing this to be the case thus far.

Anyone who would attack him over one off-season simply has no football intelligence nor any sense of historical perspective with regards to this team.
Hi, I'm Popps, I make broad generalizations and jump to ridiculously stupid conclusions after 2 games in an NFL season, particularly after wins against 2 of the worst 5 teams in the league.

If the Broncos had lost these two games, we'd be looking down the barrel of 2-14. Don't get all "I told you so" just yet.

BTW, Cutler just came from behind and beat the world champion Steelers in the rain- dropped passes, no run game, and terrible route running be damned
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM   #18
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonelbeef View Post
Hi, I'm Popps, I make broad generalizations and jump to ridiculously stupid conclusions after 2 games in an NFL season,
Yea, I've made so many predictions. Care to link to any? Go ahead and link to the "generalizations" I've made, douche-bag.

Those generalizations were made by losers like yourself who insisted we were **** before you ever saw us play a game.

Guess you feel pretty stupid now that we're 2-0, huh? It's understandable. You're sort of lashing out at people now.

Poor guy.

Hang in there. We'll lose eventually. Maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fail.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:13 PM   #19
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Yea, I've made so many predictions. Care to link to any? Go ahead and link to the "generalizations" I've made, douche-bag.

Those generalizations were made by losers like yourself who insisted we were **** before you ever saw us play a game.

Guess you feel pretty stupid now that we're 2-0, huh? It's understandable. You're sort of lashing out at people now.

Poor guy.

Hang in there. We'll lose eventually. Maybe you'll get your wish and we'll fail.
Hey #1 Bronco fan, nobody wants them to lose. Folks are just saying put your pecker back in your pants, take a cold shower, and take another look at the 10 game stretch before declaring this the greatest offseason in Broncos history.

We beat the Bungles on a miracle and then the AFC version of the Detroit Lions in a game that was up in the air till the 4th quarter.

Lets see how Kyle Orton does against the Raiders. Lets see how the defense does against the blah blah blah teams after the Raiders before declaring McDaniels and Bowlen geniuses.

I really hope you and your fellow fan police can run around these forums going on about how wrong we were after week 10. Not week 2.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #20
loborugger
lost in the ether
 
loborugger's Avatar
 
Did we finally get a FB???

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: The 'cuse
Posts: 5,714

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillybroncosnut View Post
No... That cant be true... According to people here, only Philly fans boo
Ahhh, Philly. Where the 'nosebleed section' has a whole different meaning.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #21
milehighJC
Solid Starter
 
milehighJC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Longmont, CO
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
When Bowlen was introduced onto the field, surprisingly, most of the stadium erupted in boos. Certainly more than who were cheering.
Was there... heard the boos, but at least where I was sitting (510), sounded like a small minority to me. Mostly I heard polite applause (not necessarily cheering).

jc
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #22
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 
missingnumber7's Avatar
 
GO Bison Kick OU

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Bismarck
Posts: 4,728

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightySmurf View Post
Forgive me if this is a duplicate, but I don't think it's getting enough play here.

Anyone at the game yesterday watch the Shannon Sharpe induction ceremony?

When Bowlen was introduced onto the field, surprisingly, most of the stadium erupted in boos. Certainly more than who were cheering.

All this for a guy who has given the city of Denver the winningest football franchise in America during his tenure, and brought 2 championships to town.

Bad form, Broncos fans.
I didn't hear boos, but then again I was in the club level, most of them were probably supprised that the team wasn't on the field.
missingnumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:30 PM   #23
Hamrob
All-American!
 
Hamrob's Avatar
 
All-American!

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 5,527

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Hey #1 Bronco fan, nobody wants them to lose. Folks are just saying put your pecker back in your pants, take a cold shower, and take another look at the 10 game stretch before declaring this the greatest offseason in Broncos history.

We beat the Bungles on a miracle and then the AFC version of the Detroit Lions in a game that was up in the air till the 4th quarter.

Lets see how Kyle Orton does against the Raiders. Lets see how the defense does against the blah blah blah teams after the Raiders before declaring McDaniels and Bowlen geniuses.

I really hope you and your fellow fan police can run around these forums going on about how wrong we were after week 10. Not week 2.
Very well put!

Although, I sincerely hope we're 10-6 or better this year. I really think it can happen if our defense plays as well as they've looked so far. For that alone I give McDaniels huge credit.

As for our offense, yeah we're getting the yards so far, but can Orton do it when it matters. Yes, I think he can keep from turning alot of balls over and thus if our defense plays well, we will be in games. But, can he take us down the field to score when we absolutely need to? And no, I don't count the Bungles game. We'll see...we've got alot of ball to watch.
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #24
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,464

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Very well put!

Although, I sincerely hope we're 10-6 or better this year. I really think it can happen if our defense plays as well as they've looked so far. For that alone I give McDaniels huge credit.

As for our offense, yeah we're getting the yards so far, but can Orton do it when it matters. Yes, I think he can keep from turning alot of balls over and thus if our defense plays well, we will be in games. But, can he take us down the field to score when we absolutely need to? And no, I don't count the Bungles game. We'll see...we've got alot of ball to watch.
Yeah I look at how the defense is playing, looking ahead Id give us no shot against the Cowboys or Ravens, but the Steelers and Patriots sure look beatable right now. Thats if Polomalu stays hurt and Brady doesnt get right by the time we play em. Everything goes right I could possibly see 10 wins there.

If we do win 9+, Id much much rather take my hat off, let Popps and his minions spank me for ever doubting McD and Bowlen, and eat crow than continue to be plssed off about how f'ed up this offseason was.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 09:01 PM   #25
MaloCS
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 364

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I say if you want to boo then boo. I know most of you guys want to believe that sportsmanship, loyalty and team play are still cornerstones of professional football but you are sadly wrong. Those days are long gone and we are living in the times of "it's a business".

If "it's a business" is the philosophy then it comes with a consumer side as well as a management/business side. You can't cry "it's a business" over and over and not expect to be scrutinized like a normal business. If I buy a product from company x and that product fails to live up to expectations I can exchange it or get a refund. If company x treats me badly I can complain to the BBB, call Tom Martino or boycott company x's services. If "it's a business" is how the NFL and more specifically, the Broncos want to conduct themselves then they should expect to hear the complaints of their customers. After all, that's what businesses have, customers, not fans.

Did Bowlen care about the fans when he sold the naming rights to the stadium? Hell no. Does he care that his fans are struggling to pay for season tickets and buy gear? Hell no. Does he care that his fans waste money on player jerseys that are longer with the team? Hell no. Did Bowlen care about this 22 year season ticket holder when he moved our 20 yard line seats to the back of the end zone? Hell no. Bowlen only cares about his so called fans as long as they keep putting money in his pocket.

After all, "IT'S A BUSINESS".

Last edited by MaloCS; 09-21-2009 at 09:13 PM..
MaloCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 PM.


Denver Broncos