The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Default Early Season Mock

Of course it is WAY too early to tell, but I love this stuff, so here goes. BTW, I don't know which picks we do and do not have, so I'm just going w/ 1 player per round for all 7 rounds.

ROUND 1
BRANDON SPIKES, ILB, FLORIDA
6'3" 258

ROUND 2
BRANDON LAFELL, WR, LSU
6'3" 206

ROUND 3
ZAC ROBINSON, QB, OKLAHOMA STATE
6'3" 218

ROUND 4
DAN WILLIAMS, DT, TENNESSEE
6'3" 327

ROUND 5
JON ASAMOAH, OG, ILLINOIS
6'5" 315

ROUND 6
JOE HAWLEY, C, UNLV
6'3" 310

ROUND 7
BRANDON BANKS, WR/KR, KANSAS STATE
5'7" 150

27atwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 11:31 PM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like it, although, I think theyd be more likely to get someone like Tony Pike for a QB. I like Spikes though too. I could go for Cody too even though he doesnt play a lot.

Something to also keep in mind is Wiegmann is long in the tooth so someone like the Center from USC might not be bad if he's there in the 2nd.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I love the Spikes pick. Spikes is the most solid tackler in the draft and also would be a good Blitzer.

I don't like the Lafell pick but would rather have a speedy receiver like Goldern Tate or Williams from USC or Demaryius Thomas

I would draft Tony Pike before Robinson . Pike is deadly accurate plus is 6-6 and can see the field real good. He has a stonger arm then Orton and make defenses respect the deep pass.

Dan williams is a real good pick for the 4 round.

I would not draft another guard in the 5 but would go after a De like Tyson Aluala from California.

I would love to get Jeffery Fitzgerald in the 6 round. I think the Broncos are O.K At offensive line.

In the 7 round a might look at running back or a project rush linebacker like Larry Hart

Overall your draft is solid but I don't like your 2 and 3 round picks.
Elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elway777 View Post
I love the Spikes pick. Spikes is the most solid tackler in the draft and also would be a good Blitzer.

I don't like the Lafell pick but would rather have a speedy receiver like Goldern Tate or Williams from USC or Demaryius Thomas

I would draft Tony Pike before Robinson . Pike is deadly accurate plus is 6-6 and can see the field real good. He has a stonger arm then Orton and make defenses respect the deep pass.

Dan williams is a real good pick for the 4 round.

I would not draft another guard in the 5 but would go after a De like Tyson Aluala from California.

I would love to get Jeffery Fitzgerald in the 6 round. I think the Broncos are O.K At offensive line.

In the 7 round a might look at running back or a project rush linebacker like Larry Hart

Overall your draft is solid but I don't like your 2 and 3 round picks.
Jacoby Ford
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #5
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Jacoby Ford
Ford is a nice player. I was thinking about speed with some size.
Old 09-22-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Thanx. I personally think we'll be getting pretty old at OG and C pretty quickly. There are surely some 3-4DE prospects, but I also don't hate what we have right now.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Elway777
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater View Post
Thanx. I personally think we'll be getting pretty old at OG and C pretty quickly. There are surely some 3-4DE prospects, but I also don't hate what we have right now.
The 2 offensive lineman would be solid players to draft that late in the draft . I would be O.k with a draft of 1. Spikes 2, Best wide receiver 3. Tony Pike 4. Tyson Aluala instead of williams. 5. Asamaha ,but don't think he will last to 5 round . 6. Hawley , has good size and experiance in the spread. 7. Jerrrey Fitzgerald. That way the Broncos get 2 good 3-4 defensive end prospects plus add a couple of offensive line prospects. I think Broncos go after Cassey Hampton in free agency to play nose tackle.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #8
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

This update is purely based on BMarsh's new found sense of self (we'll see how long it lasts) and the idealogy that he may just stay around. If he does, I see no opening ANYWHERE at WR. W/ BM, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley and others, I just don't see it as a need. Now things can change, but this is based on BMarsh being a Bronco in 2010.
Here goes...

ROUND 1
ROLANDO McCLAIN, ILB, Alabama
6'4" 258

No lost sleep if we end up w/ Brandon Spikes, but I think solidifying the ILB spot for the future is key. McClain is faster than Spikes and is just a bit more athletic. Both have performed for big time programs and vs big time opponents.

ROUND 2
JARED, ODRICK, DL, Penn State
6'5" 296

Odrick appears to be a great fit as a 3-4 DE. He has played DE and DT at Penn State and has the size and athleticism to handle 3-4 end in the NFL. Very productive, hard nosed player.

ROUND 3
DAN WILLIAMS, DT, Tennessee
6'3" 327

I truly believe he skyrockets up the draft boards by the time April hits. In a 3-4. I think he could play either the NT or DE spots. Although our ends have held up thus far, we still could use an infusion of talent. WIlliams is a beast of a man and has a great frame for his size.

ROUND 4
MONTARIO HARDESTY, RB, Tennessee
6'1" 215

The front 7 has been addressed. Now it's time to add some more talent to the offense. Hardesty is the next in a long lineage of Tennessee RBs. His injury history will drop him in the draft, but when healthy, Hardesty is a beast. He just looks the part. A smart, tough runner who has enough of a burst to make some big plays. He catches the ball well too. If you've seen any UT games at all this year, you can't help but to be impressed w/ him. I know we have RBs, but ya can't ever have too many. LaMont Jordan is getting older and Hillis is in McD's doghouse. Feel free to call me a UT homer, but both Vols I picked can play ball.

I believe we traded our #5

ROUND 6
JOE HAWLEY, C, UNLV
6'3" 310

Center will be a need. Weigmann is on his last contract before retirement and we'll need to get the next one ready. Hawley is a solid prospect at this point in the draft.

ROUND 7
BRANDON BANKS, WR/KR, KANSAS STATE
5'7" 150

The only reason the Bolts are evena little bit of a threat right now is because of their sparkplug Sproles. Denver is lacking that exciting "little man" playmaker that drives defense crazy. Banks could be that guy...and hails from Sproles' alma mater.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:19 AM   #9
Elway777
Ring of Famer

I love that draft but I prefer Spikes . Also I like the idea of going after Pickett from Green Bay to play nose tackle in free agency so the broncos would select someone else in the 3 round.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #10
27atwater
THANK U!

sphincter says "what"?

Yeah...I like Spikes too, so I'd be cool w/ either.

Also, after the last 2 games, I also think it's pretty clear that LG is a need sooner rather than later. Hamilton has just been getting abused of late.
Old 11-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #11
mattob14
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 27atwater View Post
Yeah...I like Spikes too, so I'd be cool w/ either.

Also, after the last 2 games, I also think it's pretty clear that LG is a need sooner rather than later. Hamilton has just been getting abused of late.
That's probably the one change I would make- address the interior OL a little more aggressively. Of course, if the team thinks Olsen is the answer, this isn't quite as important. Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see a FA here. Otherwise, great draft. McClain, Odrick, and Williams are pretty much perfect for the first 3 rounds and would really help improve the size and overall toughness of the front-7.
mattob14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: