The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,509

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default Dumervil's game

How sad is it for Doom that on an incredible very rare day with 4 sacks a stat that doesn't happen often, another player in the league had 5 sacks?

he should be getting so much press right now, and i haven't heard anything about his performance at all, all i hear about is Odom's 5 sack day.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,806
Default

Doom had a great day. He also made big plays in the running game, as he has the past few weeks. This is just a more natural position for him, plain and simple.

As a lot of us said in the off-season, moving him to OLB and getting ride of Engelberger was two major upgrades to our D-line. Fields and McBean have been pleasant surprises, and Thomas is still in the wings, and will hopefully develop.

Ried has also made a nice play or two in every game he's played in. He was a great addition.

It's exciting to have a front seven like this, especially with Ayers developing and hopefully contributing more down the road.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM   #3
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer
 
Popcorn Sutton's Avatar
 
Don't mess with Popcorn

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Who cares
Posts: 3,766

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme
Default

Did ya notice who caused the Cribbs fumble?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...umble-recovery
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Borks147
the dude abides...
 
Borks147's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Hanover NH
Posts: 1,845
Default

well - maybe if we keep him our little secret we can actually keep him after this (contract) year.
Borks147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #5
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,753

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Doom had a great day. He also made big plays in the running game, as he has the past few weeks. This is just a more natural position for him, plain and simple.

As a lot of us said in the off-season, moving him to OLB and getting ride of Engelberger was two major upgrades to our D-line. Fields and McBean have been pleasant surprises, and Thomas is still in the wings, and will hopefully develop.

Ried has also made a nice play or two in every game he's played in. He was a great addition.

It's exciting to have a front seven like this, especially with Ayers developing and hopefully contributing more down the road.
Marcus actually played a lot yesterday, and I noticed he was better against the run. He surprised me, and I am starting to get a little more confident in his strength.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:25 PM   #6
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer
 
21’s No Champ

Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,090

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
How sad is it for Doom that on an incredible very rare day with 4 sacks a stat that doesn't happen often, another player in the league had 5 sacks?

he should be getting so much press right now, and i haven't heard anything about his performance at all, all i hear about is Odom's 5 sack day.
NFL Primetime was just on and the Denver highlights were at the very end of the show, and all they showed was Dumervil's 4 sacks.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:28 PM   #7
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it
 
Cito Pelon's Avatar
 
Not2Shabby County Seat

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: AFC Championshipville, NotTooShabby County
Posts: 16,708

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby
Default

Elvis is one of the most dominant LDE's I've ever seen passrushing. But you have to pick and choose when you're gonna passrush him from the LDE spot. The staff picked and choosed well Sunday.

He's a guy you want on the field every play because he has great stamina and pursuit (hell, the guy played the wedge on almost every KR since he was a rookie), pretty good at the point of attack on running downs.

His forte is eating RT's alive on the outside rush, though. We all saw it Sunday, Elvis just eats RT's alive on the outside passrush. Done it his whole career against a lot of different RT's.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Næstved, DK
Posts: 11,212

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Is anyone else happy to see Champ Bailey back?

2 games, 2 tipped passes, 2 INTs. He may not be the one coming down with the ball but he was the one who tipped the ball that Woodyard picked off and he was the one who tipped the ball that Mcbath picked off.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #9
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,980

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

Doom is a beast so far. Hopefully he keeps up the play as the season wears on.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #10
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,579

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Is anyone else happy to see Champ Bailey back?

2 games, 2 tipped passes, 2 INTs. He may not be the one coming down with the ball but he was the one who tipped the ball that Woodyard picked off and he was the one who tipped the ball that Mcbath picked off.
Good point. He's got a pass rush now, so I expect him to be back. He had his swagger back yesterday, shaking his head after tackling a Brown WR in the flat for no gain.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:03 PM   #11
manchambo
Ring of Famer
 
manchambo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,422
Default

The two sack in a row was a thing of beauty. I was at the game and had a perfect vantage point.

First the tackle jumps early, obviously nervous about blocking Dumervil. Then he gets eaten up two plays in a row. I think if they had given the Browns three more downs Dumervil would have had three more sacks.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #12
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 
Playing for January

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 26,127

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

He'll almost certainly be the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Announced on Wednesdays I think ....
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
SpringStein
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Monument, CO
Posts: 2,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
He'll almost certainly be the AFC Defensive Player of the Week.

Announced on Wednesdays I think ....
Isn't Cincinnati in the AFC?
SpringStein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:24 PM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,396
Default

Even though Odom had 5 sacks, I think there's an outside chance that Doom's forced fumble and 7 tackles might tip the scales in his favor.

Here's to hoping.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 PM.


Denver Broncos