The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Pseudofool
Cynic at Large

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Me?
Default Tom Curran gives the Broncos some love

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32940525/ns/sports-nfl/

Broncos bucking the experts
Check out who’s 2-0 and leading the AFC West. The Broncos. You had that? Yeah, me neither.

In a battle between former Patriots coordinators, Josh McDaniels got the drop on the Browns and Eric Mangini, 27-6. The only thing that could possibly have stopped the offseason fixation on the loss of Jay Cutler and the ongoing irritation of Brandon Marshall was wins. And the Broncos — even opening with Cincinnati and Cleveland — didn’t figure to get them.

But think about this: Denver’s now beaten a Bengals team that walloped the Packers in Green Bay and they’ve bludgeoned Cleveland. They allowed just 200 total yards on Sunday and, in eight quarters, have allowed just one touchdown and 13 points.

--

Some props from the MSM? Hmmpf.
Pseudofool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Noticed that clayton hasn't said shet and King only complemented Dumervill, and did not list denver in the fine fifteen.Yet listed teams that are 1-1 in there
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Dandaman
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
Noticed that clayton hasn't said shet and King only complemented Dumervill, and did not list denver in the fine fifteen.Yet listed teams that are 1-1 in there
Heck King even listed an 0-2 team (Titans) in there.
Dandaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

No worries. Let's keep flying under the radar. I really like the heart that I've seen out of this team so far. I think we'll sneak up on a few teams during our brutal run, and I don't see us getting completely destroyed by anyone. (At this point, not getting blown out 52-7) would be an improvement over last season.)
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 PM   #5
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
No worries. Let's keep flying under the radar. I really like the heart that I've seen out of this team so far. I think we'll sneak up on a few teams during our brutal run, and I don't see us getting completely destroyed by anyone. (At this point, not getting blown out 52-7) would be an improvement over last season.)
the passion and enthusiasm of the defense has really become contagious. the challenge will be how the defense adjusts as teams down the road begin dissecting the Broncos' new 3-4 scheme and start finding different ways to attack it after the Broncos have played 4 or 5 games.

i'm really excited about the team this year - gotta love the blue collar type mentality of the team.
RMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #6
broncofan2438
Faneco this...

LETS TAKE BACK THE AFC WEST

Adopt-a-Bronco:
ERIC DECKER

I like it. Let the boneheads continue to trash us...its all good in Broncoland
broncofan2438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

A lot of dumb mother****ers talked a lot of dumb **** before ever watching this team take a snap.

Of course, most of them were on this board... but there was plenty of stupidity outside this board, too.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #8
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

if we continue to win games, and pull a few upsets, they will be back on the train, tobad, i prefer to not have the attention.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #9
doonwise
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by popps View Post
a lot of dumb mother****ers talked a lot of dumb **** before ever watching this team take a snap.

Of course, most of them were on this board...
seconded.
doonwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #10
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
Its not that we are flying under the radar, its that people hate admitting they were wrong. If we **** the bed over the next couple of weeks, i guarantee the people ignoring us now will say "i told you so"
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #11
Williams
Pro Bowler

Go figure, McDaniels and Nolan may know more about football than the media "experts."
Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #12
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21’s No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
A lot of dumb mother****ers talked a lot of dumb **** before ever watching this team take a snap.

Of course, most of them were on this board.
.. but there was plenty of stupidity outside this board, too.
Just give it a rest already man.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post

Ummm iam currently at a WOW convention iam a level 9 drawf with healing powers FEAR ME!
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:53 PM   #14
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:

Of course, most of them were on this board... but there was plenty of stupidity outside this board, too.
I'm right here. I've been most critical of McKid's offseason and I had them going 3-0 or 2-1 to start. It's the middle of the season when they start playing some quality teams that will truly test this club.

However, I give Mike Nolan all the credit in the world. I did not expect this defense to hold opponents to 13 points in two games. I figured the wins coming via 24-20 or 31-21 type scores. Nolan has the D flying around and hitting people. He seems to have found comfortable homes for guys and putting them in positions to succeed and Dawkins, right now, has a lot more in left in the tank than I was led to believe. Or maybe Dawkins running on half full is just that much better than what we've had back there in recent years. Either way it's a good thing.

The offense improved and I liked the fact that the O came out and played better second half football than first half football, making effective adjustments. I'm cautiously optimistic and I'll leave it at that.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:51 PM   #15
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

They aren't going to start jumping on the band wagon until we play the Cowboys, Chargers and New England. When we get through those three games we will start to hear chatter from the talking heads. I say if we beat the raiders and win one of those games and go 4-2 through our first six they might actually consider us a good team. If we go 3-3 I say we are in trouble and the pundits pour it on.

The Cowboys game depends on which Tony Romo shows up for the game. They have a very physical defense and a HUGE offensive line, so I think we might have some matchup problems. We played well against the Bengals big O-line but they don't have the talent of the Cowgirls. We need to get Chris Kuper up and running for the Raiders game so he has some time to gel with the offensive if we want to stop the Freakishly talented Cowboys Defensive front.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 09-21-2009 at 02:54 PM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:56 PM   #16
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

FYI Legion I'm pretty sure Kuper played yesterday. I don't really care what the pundits think, I'm just excited to sees us play some of these better teams (this starts next week, not in 2 weeks).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM   #17
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Yeah there was a lot stupid mother****ers talk'n a lot of dumb **** before a snap was taken and frankly, you're always neck 'n neck w/ the leaders.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #18
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
FYI Legion I'm pretty sure Kuper played yesterday. I don't really care what the pundits think, I'm just excited to sees us play some of these better teams (this starts next week, not in 2 weeks).
Did he, I was at a bar full of Steelers and Bears fans so I was stuck with a small TV with no HD so I couldent really tell who all was out here at a given time. I recorded the game though, so I will have to check this out later. That would explain why our running game exploded.

He is still essential to our success against the Cowboys though, that Quick DT they have is really impressive. It seems like he can be worn down easily but that usually against bigger offensive lines like the Giants though. Good thing for the Broncos the Cowboys secondary is WAY over ratted.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM   #19
chrisp
Friend of the unsung

Not into the football......yet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Danny Trevathan

I do think that we need to be cautious and recognise that at this stage the only thing that is guaranteed so far is that we aren't going 0-16 or 1-15. The rest is still up for grabs....

However you would have thought that even if it doesn't last, going pretty much from worst to first on defense would have been a story the media wanted to latch on to....ah well.

Thing is, what I want to see more than anything else in the world, is for this team to play better in the 2nd half of the season than it does in the first. OK, to be fair, if we go 8-0 then I won't be gutted if we go 7-1 for the rest, but you know what I mean.

Soooo many teams of recent years have faded down the stretch, I really want to be certain that whatever we put out there has staying power. With the approach to practice and conditioning completely revamped, I'm optimistic that will be the case, but I'l still be nervous all season.
chrisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #20
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

hey now .broncofan7 , Atwater his ass , and 707 are NOT dumb mother ****ers ........they are ****ing loons
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:16 PM   #21
Sodak
Clueless...

Who stole my avatar?

Quote:

I'm not disagreeing with you here at all. But your smug, know-it-all approach to posting is also wearing a little thin.
Sodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:57 PM   #22
Broncobuddy7
\m/ >< \m/

For some of you

I love the positive attitudes. I might have to change my avatar if this keeps up.
Broncobuddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #23
OOJack
Go Broncos!

Go Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Plummer

Quote:

seriously, stfu
OOJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #24
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

chokeland is a good bell weather. lose it go 2-1. win it and go 3-0.

and then comes the storm.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:25 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I wouldnt rank us top 15 yet either.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote