The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default So why did BM sit out most of the 1st half?

I know he had a huge penalty on that long Buckhalter run but why do you think he sat out much of the first half?
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think it mostly had to do with him having a clear lack of focus, and the coaches wanted to send him a message.

(that's the nice way of saying his head was up his ass for the first half)
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #3
azbroncfan
Ring of Famer

Angry guntoting,meateating AMERICAN

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TEBOW

He looks like he is dogging it on purpose to me. This game today was a perfect one for MCD to pull a Singletary on his ass and send him to the lockerroom.
azbroncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #4
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

if he thinks this is a way to earn his pay raise... he should understand rest of the league is watching him as well. but i think he is not really interested in a super bowl or anything... so he will not mind playing for lions or browns if they give him good money... i am done with this guy, i dont want him to be a bronco at the end of this season. if we could any value for him it will be good. but i guess that is his intention in doing stuff like this.
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:01 PM   #5
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

I think him sitting was a direct result of his shoddy play. Remember, players are being held accountable and if you are not contributing you are not on the field! Even if you are KING Marshall!
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I have to believe it was more of a not knowing the plays combined with lack of focus or mistakes. When he went inside post on that long play when Orton threw outside, you could see the confusion. Then the holding call was lame. He could have easily blocked that dude without holding. Not so sure I go so far to say he is dogging it because he fights for yards after catch. If he was dogging it he would just go down.

But let's give McD some credit here. I think he handled it perfectly. Held him out long enough to send a bit of a message but not long enough (as in the rest of the game) to where you might have disgruntled him further.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

at this point scheff, royal, stokes and gaffney are doing good enough. i would be happy if bmarsh gets only few plays a quater as well.. until he is in sync with the offense. after week 4 we cannot afford what he is doing on field. whether he is doing them wantedly or lack of playbook
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm so tired of talking about this jackass.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:16 PM   #9
Bronco Yoda

I haven't seen too much dogging from BM. But I do see confusion and lack of focus. It's obvious he's still not ready for this season yet. He's still way behind after messing around all preseason. I'm hopeful that he'll catch up soon. I see hustle in him so that's a start. He's a huge missing piece of our offense. Can't wait til he pulls his head out and fully joins in.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #10
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I was in transit from Denver when the question of Marshall was posed to McDaniels in the post game and his answer was a non-answer.

Something to the effect that players will be used as needed. More sometimes, and less in other situations.

Yeah, me too. Huh? I agree he was temporarily benched, and furthermore, while he was standing there, he had only occasional conversations with a passing player returning from the field or a coach. For the most part, he just stood there alone.

This guy aint a member of the family anymore, or at least that's how it's starting to look to me.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:18 PM   #11
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

he got yanked after failed to notice a blitz in the 1st Q and didn't adjust his route. orton threw to where he should have been, but marshall didn't recognize the situation and kept on his initial route.

so id bet this was just a case of mcd sending a message that he better start focusing.

you can all hate on the guy all you want. bottom line is that we are a better team with marshall on the field. mcd needs to find a way to fix the problem.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #12
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

he sucked.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:30 PM   #13
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

At the game, it looked like he blew it and ran a completely wrong route, after that he was on the bench.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:55 PM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Two plays on the opening posession where Brandon does not make the correct read. Add an unnecessary holding call, and the fact that Gaffney knows where to be. Those plays where the reciever and quarterback aren't on the same page turn into picks in a hurry. I'm honestly suprised he played at all in the second half. Can't wait to hear the fallout over this one... but it's obvious that Brandon isn't remotely where he needs to be mentally.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #15
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I'm so tired of talking about this jackass.
He's been a distraction of some sort since he arrived in Denver. Can't wait to lose this ***head. I'm pretty much over the notion that he comes to his senses. He has none.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #16
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Two plays on the opening posession where Brandon does not make the correct read. Add an unnecessary holding call, and the fact that Gaffney knows where to be. Those plays where the reciever and quarterback aren't on the same page turn into picks in a hurry. I'm honestly suprised he played at all in the second half. Can't wait to hear the fallout over this one... but it's obvious that Brandon isn't remotely where he needs to be mentally.

Its funny, Gaffney was the same way at Florida. He was one of the more unathletic productive WRs theyve ever had but he could catch and knew how to get open.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #17
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
you can all hate on the guy all you want. bottom line is that we are a better team with marshall on the field. mcd needs to find a way to fix the problem.
The problem is that we are not a better team with him on the field right now. He's a liability. Either he's dogging it or he's just behind because he missed practice while throwing his giant hissy fit. Either way...he's a dumbass. Here's a guy that wants to get paid and we are having to slowly work him in like a rookie WR? That's bull****. The thing is that he's not a rookie. Maybe he's just too freaking stupid to understand what he's supposed to be doing out there. I guess I could give him enough credit to call him a ****ing moron instead of a lazy piece of ****. In a few weeks, if he doesn't improve, it will be time for this Offense to move on without Brandon Marshall as a major contributor.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:26 AM   #18
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I'm starting to really like the Royal, Gaffney, Stokely line up.
listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 AM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think it was simply because Gaffeny/Stokley/Royal were playing better then him. He was making some mental mistakes and also got a penalty.

Also he hasn't played and doesn't look up to speed.

I'm not convinced he is or isn't dogging it. I think he was dogging it, now he wants to dominate, but he's finding those switches don't always turn on as quick as you want.

That's why dedicated players start getting there mind ready for the season way early. They look at the schedule, see who they match up against the coming season, add or drop weight, practice on what they are bad at, get better at what they are good at, then start season ready to go.

When you spend the whole offseason being a butthead this is what happens. All the players who were working hard kick your ass.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #20
Florida_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Coming Back Strong in 2014

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quinton Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I think it was simply because Gaffeny/Stokley/Royal were playing better then him. He was making some mental mistakes and also got a penalty.

Also he hasn't played and doesn't look up to speed.

I'm not convinced he is or isn't dogging it. I think he was dogging it, now he wants to dominate, but he's finding those switches don't always turn on as quick as you want.

That's why dedicated players start getting there mind ready for the season way early. They look at the schedule, see who they match up against the coming season, add or drop weight, practice on what they are bad at, get better at what they are good at, then start season ready to go.

When you spend the whole offseason being a butthead this is what happens. All the players who were working hard kick your ass.
I don't think he was dogging it, but he's definitely lagging behind the other players after his offseason and he's paying for it.
Florida_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 AM   #21
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
I'm starting to really like the Royal, Gaffney, Stokely line up.
I'm partial to the 23 personnel package we ran on the goal line. Hot damn that's an awesome sight with three tight ends, a guard at fullback, and Peyton Hillis running full tilt. I would have to look back at the game, but I think we used the same package and flexed out Sheffler with Wimbley in man coverage. That was genius.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:45 AM   #22
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

So far Mcdaniels/Nolan pickups of Davis/Fields/Dawkins/Hill/Goobman/Haggan looking like the best FA d haul we have had in yrs.

Add in a rookie nickleback and the fact Doom has made the transition to OLB and you have to be impressed.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #23
meangene
Ring of Famer

I am not a Marshall fan but I do not think he was dogging it yesterday. Honestly, he looks like he is lost in terms of the playbook and seems a little overwhelmed with knowing and recognizing his assignments. He blew a couple patterns and was, appropriately, benched to get his head together. He played much better in the second half. I am hopeful he will get up to speed mentally and start becoming a bigger contributor. If not, others will be getting more playing time. I love how McD holds everyone accountable.
meangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:08 AM   #24
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
he got yanked after failed to notice a blitz in the 1st Q and didn't adjust his route. orton threw to where he should have been, but marshall didn't recognize the situation and kept on his initial route.

so id bet this was just a case of mcd sending a message that he better start focusing.

This.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #25
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
The problem is that we are not a better team with him on the field right now. He's a liability. Either he's dogging it or he's just behind because he missed practice while throwing his giant hissy fit. Either way...he's a dumbass. Here's a guy that wants to get paid and we are having to slowly work him in like a rookie WR? That's bull****. The thing is that he's not a rookie. Maybe he's just too freaking stupid to understand what he's supposed to be doing out there. I guess I could give him enough credit to call him a ****ing moron instead of a lazy piece of ****. In a few weeks, if he doesn't improve, it will be time for this Offense to move on without Brandon Marshall as a major contributor.
it's a problem with maturity. he's basically a man-child. this may be the beginning of a season-long pout fest. guy needs a does of reality. without football, he's loading trucks at the local UPS station. or re-stocking shelves from midnight to 6AM at the local safeway. playing in the NFL is a privilege, not an entitlement. let's hope Rod Smith can get him to finally understand and grow up.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote