The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 04:44 PM   #1
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default Charger Fans are in Full FIRE MY Coach and GM Mode!

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71182

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=71189

Also a funny thread
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Bronx33
lets go partner

Rumpson Rocks

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

I told em a couple years ago norv was a p***Y coach.
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:48 PM   #3
iDENVER
Seasoned Veteran

-BroNcOs-

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elvis Dumervil

lol wow they are so mad. fire norv lmao
iDENVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Easily one of the worst play calls I've seen in a long time.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I think Norv is the perfect coach for the Chargers.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:00 PM   #6
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I think Norv is the perfect coach for the Chargers.
Similar to Al Davis being the best owner for the failures.
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #7
TexanBob
Don't Argue With Me

You Know I'm Right

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darris Nash

NOOOOOO! Don't fire Norv! Wait until Wade Phillips is available.
TexanBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #8
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

The greatest 1-1 team in the history of all sports.
KipCorrington25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #9
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

I think Norvy has done a swell job! We need to start a "Keep Norv in San Diego" rally!!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:23 PM   #10
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Well, by all reports they were supposed to have wrapped the division up by now, so I can understand their disappointment.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:25 PM   #11
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah terrible play calling. Norv is a dumbass.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Hopefully they can go 8-8 or 9-7 and keep Norv for another year.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipCorrington25 View Post
The greatest 1-1 team in the history of all sports.
Beat me to it!
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Personally, I'm not as down on the team as the noobs at .com are. In retrospect, going to a jumbo package for the last two plays of the game was stupid when Rivers was running the no-huddle spread so effectively, but then again if Dielman doesn't **** up and forget to block Ray Lewis then San Diego probably gets a first down and another chance to punch it in.

The offense failed in the red zone, but putting up 26 points isn't bad. Unfortunately the defense is in flux with all the injuries along the D line and Baltimore was able to exploit that. Guys like Vaughn Martin and Ogembi Nwaghbo are being asked to start when they should be rotational or even gameday inactives at this point in their careers, and not only are they starting but they can't rotate out because there isn't anyone behind them. Plus they have to take turns manning the nose spot even though nobody on the roster is ideally suited for it. The only good thing about the situation there is that the lack of depth was exposed early and the Chargers still have time to make moves to address it.

And fortunately Denver doesn't get to play Cincinatti and Cleveland every week.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

That FG inches from the goal line on 3rd down was epic fail.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 PM   #16
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 400HZ View Post
Personally, I'm not as down on the team as the noobs at .com are. In retrospect, going to a jumbo package for the last two plays of the game was stupid when Rivers was running the no-huddle spread so effectively, but then again if Dielman doesn't **** up and forget to block Ray Lewis then San Diego probably gets a first down and another chance to punch it in.

The offense failed in the red zone, but putting up 26 points isn't bad. Unfortunately the defense is in flux with all the injuries along the D line and Baltimore was able to exploit that. Guys like Vaughn Martin and Ogembi Nwaghbo are being asked to start when they should be rotational or even gameday inactives at this point in their careers, and not only are they starting but they can't rotate out because there isn't anyone behind them. Plus they have to take turns manning the nose spot even though nobody on the roster is ideally suited for it. The only good thing about the situation there is that the lack of depth was exposed early and the Chargers still have time to make moves to address it.

And fortunately Denver doesn't get to play Cincinatti and Cleveland every week.
Bad formation switch and terrible, terrible call. I dont know what Norv was thinking there or his decision to kick a FG from the 5 yardline on 3rd down with 15 seconds to go in the first half.

Norv stunk today with his coaching. Oh well, ....14 games to go and hope we get things rolling. Need the defense to tighten up. Losing Jamal for the year is a biggy.

Oh and for the hundredth time....chargers.com is a horrible forum with lots of kids posting there.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #17
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Norv absolutely sucked rocks today yet the Chargers outplayed Baltimore, which no one gave them a chance to do.

Taking the ball out of Rivers' hands at the end of both halves was the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen Norv do. If he learns from this, it's all good. We'll see...

There's a lot of positives I saw in this game. Run defense still struggled but showed signs of improvement. Rivers played out of his mind especially with the patchwork o-line he has protecting him. Cason keeps improving every week (though he had that one screw up on a TD pass today.) Sproles is downright scary when he gets the ball in space. Vincent Jackson just tore up that Baltimore secondary. Bennett was running well though I don't understand why Norv stopped giving him the rock.

I'm with 400 and Boltjolt. I'm not pissed about this game like the fools over at that other message board are. The guys played their ass off and played well enough to win. Norv is the one who held them back today. It felt like I was watching Norv morph into Marty during a playoff game today. As much as it pains me to say this, this horrible coaching job by Norv today was completely out of the blue and it was out of his character to do.

But it's week two. And there are a dozen teams out there that are completely Jekyll and Hyde right now. You don't know which version will show up next week. And the Patriots and Steelers look more like crap than Super Bowl contenders so far but I bet that won't be the case at the end of the season. Gotta let things play out.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:22 AM   #18
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Watching the Chuggers game today reminded me why the Moreno pick was such a good one for us. SD had their eye on him, and would have drafted him if we didn't take him. Can you imagine that? They would be grooming Moreno to take over for Tomlinson right now.

As it stands, they've got a broken down Tomlinson (who's fading fast), a midget lightning bug (not the guy you want carrying the ball on 4th and 2), and a bunch of other stuff (that won't be confused with an NFL starting running back).

By picking Moreno, we strengthened our team and weakened the Chargers all at once.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:30 AM   #19
Bronco Yoda

I thought they did pretty well considering the O-line injuries they have.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:38 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

They can't run ball very well so thats a concern for them. Rivers is amazing though he will have them in every game.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:56 AM   #21
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post
Watching the Chuggers game today reminded me why the Moreno pick was such a good one for us. SD had their eye on him, and would have drafted him if we didn't take him. Can you imagine that? They would be grooming Moreno to take over for Tomlinson right now.

As it stands, they've got a broken down Tomlinson (who's fading fast), a midget lightning bug (not the guy you want carrying the ball on 4th and 2), and a bunch of other stuff (that won't be confused with an NFL starting running back).

By picking Moreno, we strengthened our team and weakened the Chargers all at once.
They weren't going to pick Moreno. Not like there weren't plenty of RB's to choose from. Still could of picked McCoy which would of been my choice for us. We didn't pick a RB till the 4th round in a very good class and ended up cutting him.
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #22
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCBronco View Post

The Chargers had no interest in Moreno. There was already $13 million tied up for the year between LT and Sproles and they needed help in the trenches far more than at skill positions. I think Moreno was a dumb pick for YOU guys since you already had cheaper options who are just as effective.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #23
Orange_Beard
Over Jay Cutler

Todd Snider Rules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Scheffler

Why? they are .500. That was good enough last year.
Orange_Beard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 AM   #24
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Taking the ball out of Rivers' hands at the end of both halves was the biggest WTF moment I've ever seen Norv do. If he learns from this, it's all good. We'll see...
This proved to me that Rivers deep down is a wuss. Winners want and demand the ball at the end of the game. If Rivers wasn't such a scared little baby, he would've audibled out of that ridiculous call at the end.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #25
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Norv absolutely sucked rocks today yet the Chargers outplayed Baltimore, which no one gave them a chance to do.

There's a lot of positives I saw in this game. Run defense still struggled but showed signs of improvement. Rivers played out of his mind especially with the patchwork o-line he has protecting him. Cason keeps improving every week (though he had that one screw up on a TD pass today.) Sproles is downright scary when he gets the ball in space. Vincent Jackson just tore up that Baltimore secondary. Bennett was running well though I don't understand why Norv stopped giving him the rock.

I'm with 400 and Boltjolt. I'm not pissed about this game like the fools over at that other message board are. The guys played their ass off and played well enough to win. Norv is the one who held them back today. It felt like I was watching Norv morph into Marty during a playoff game today. As much as it pains me to say this, this horrible coaching job by Norv today was completely out of the blue and it was out of his character to do.

But it's week two. And there are a dozen teams out there that are completely Jekyll and Hyde right now. You don't know which version will show up next week. And the Patriots and Steelers look more like crap than Super Bowl contenders so far but I bet that won't be the case at the end of the season. Gotta let things play out.
"Learns from this" ha ha ha hahahaha

Dude Nor vious has been coaching for like 400 years, don't you think he should have a grasp on this by now?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote