The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 04:34 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default How do we keep winning when we suck so bad?

Mcdoofus is tearing this team apart!

bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I know damn it sucks to be 2 and 0 with a three phases improving week to week. Really sucks...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

To be fair, even some of the most negative folks here were predicting a 2-0 start to this season. It's the middle to end of the schedule that people were worried about.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
To be fair, even some of the most negative folks here were predicting a 2-0 start to this season. It's the middle to end of the schedule that people were worried about.
Oh, so we are going to go on a six game losing streak in the middle of the season because you know, when you are going 5-11 those things happen.

Just to be fair though.

Oh boy, all those "football experts" on the mane. Gotta love'em! They just know sooo much about the game.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Still got the tough stretch of the season to go for sure, but all those John Clatyon type 3-13, expansion team predictions look pretty much disproved. The team I saw out there is more than capable of going over .500, no matter the schedule.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

i'm happy...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

I had us starting the season 3-0 before the season started and had them finishing at 6-10.

We do look a lot better than I thought we would though. The offense will keep getting better and we might be able to win this division.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:47 PM   #8
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They need to run the ball more but it was good to see Moreno starting to come around.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Oh, so we are going to go on a six game losing streak in the middle of the season because you know, when you are going 5-11 those things happen.

Just to be fair though.

Oh boy, all those "football experts" on the mane. Gotta love'em! They just know sooo much about the game.
I honestly don't understand this post.

Here's what I'm saying: the optimists on this board in the offseason that predicted a winning season had us 2-0 at this point. And the folks in the preseason that had us winning less than 8 games by and large had us at 2-0 at this point. So, in theory, what we've seen so far really shouldn't alter anyone's year end predictions much if at all.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #10
cartel
Solid Starter

For the win!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

op must be a cutler fan
cartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I honestly don't understand this post.

Here's what I'm saying: the optimists on this board in the offseason that predicted a winning season had us 2-0 at this point. And the folks in the preseason that had us winning less than 8 games by and large had us at 2-0 at this point. So, in theory, what we've seen so far really shouldn't alter anyone's year end predictions much if at all.
Except we just saw a Broncos defense hold Jamal Lewis completely in check, the same Jamal Lewis who put up some good yards against he Vikings D last week.

We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, that same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.

Doom is looking good in the 3-4. Ayers showed some big strides this week and got some real good pressure even when going against Joe Thomas. The secondary is talented, the DL isn't the total scrubs we where told they where. We look like at least an average defense, maybe even a good defense.

Meanwhile the offense has its second straight week of showing a spark coming out of the half, but this time they end drives in touchdowns to ice the game away. McDaniels put his foot on the gas and ran with authority once that happened and we didn't allow any chances of a comeback.

Oh, and the special teams have now pretty much held two of the better returners in the NFL (Quan Cosby and Josh Cribbs) to some pretty unimpressive games as well. Last year they would have both probably put up one big return on us, minimum. This year we've started dropping guys behind the 20, largely thanks to a young couple gunners who disrupt the returner even if they don't get to finish the play.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:58 PM   #12
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass.

Beat New England, Dallas, San Diego, Indy, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Philly, and New York before pumpin those chests out.

Now dont get me wrong I have loved watching this defense, and love what Mike Nolan has done, and even the fact that McDaniels hired him. Even am encouraged seeing what Cincy did to what looked like a damn good Green Bay defense. But come on, man. Kyle Orton is not a starting quarterback in this league. And Ryan Harris was getting an ass pounding on the line, which makes me worry. Anyway, lets get about halfway through the season, and see what this team looks like before crowning em AFC West Champs.

Love being 2-0, but beat a real NFL team before beating your chests guys.

And remember, we were 2-0 last year and 2-0 in 2007 as well.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass..
Poor guy.

Tough weekend for you, huh?

Don't worry, our first loss is coming. Hang in there.

Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
beanerbronco
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Brandstater

I'm extremely happy right now!
as much as I love Shanny, the changes in the coaching staffchanges had to come; and even though I'm sure that with shanny and co. we could have easily beeen 2-0, I have seen a lot of good things coming from a very young squad. we are playing w a lot of heart and passion!
McDanields has made his fair-share of boneheaded decisions, but has turned around a lot of aspects or our football team.
Yes, we so have a toughhhh schedule ahead but I feel a bit more comfortable about ourn team after seeing that it is making strides towards our ultimate goal!

LEt's go broncossssssss!
beanerbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
DrFate
Lord of Order

Quote:
And that bears repeating. Considering the two victories are over Cincy and Cleveland, where were a combined 8-23-1 last year (http://football.about.com/od/nationa..._standings.htm) - I wouldn't be reserving playoff tickets just yet.

That said - the players, the fans, the coaches (yes, even Sparky) deserve all the credit a 2-0 franchise can get. The Broncos ARE 2-0, and the Broncos ARE in 1st place. Oakland next week. Denver could certainly win that game.

After that - we'll see.
DrFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #16
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
They need to run the ball more but it was good to see Moreno starting to come around.
Agreed lex. Nice post for once.
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:03 PM   #17
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:

Just to be fair though.

I hope you're including yourself in with those "football experts". You didn't know **** before today just like everybody else.

Our offense sucks but we have a DEFENSE!
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #18
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, the same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.
That's huge ... any question we looked good last week because we played an inferior offense are gone. And didn't Cleveland score alotta points last week?

BBS you're right of course, 2-0 was expected. But what we kinda forgot was the momentum that comes with a 2-0 start .... imo this is huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek
Doom is looking good in the 3-4.
Did you think the same as me today, I had almost forgot what a sack was like ! Sacks are HUGE! Loudest plays all day in the stadium were the sacks (other than the Buckhalter run).
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #19
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Well, the bravado is funny. Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read. We played Cincinnati and Celveland. And beat Cincy by the skin of our ass.
Yeah, I'm not sold on Orton ... but as long as he doesn't throw picks, we can win.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #20
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Except we just saw a Broncos defense hold Jamal Lewis completely in check, the same Jamal Lewis who put up some good yards against he Vikings D last week.

We also saw that same Broncos D hold the Bengals to 6 points as well last week, that same Bengals team that put 31 up on a Packers D that was the talk of week 1.

Doom is looking good in the 3-4. Ayers showed some big strides this week and got some real good pressure even when going against Joe Thomas. The secondary is talented, the DL isn't the total scrubs we where told they where. We look like at least an average defense, maybe even a good defense.

Meanwhile the offense has its second straight week of showing a spark coming out of the half, but this time they end drives in touchdowns to ice the game away. McDaniels put his foot on the gas and ran with authority once that happened and we didn't allow any chances of a comeback.

Oh, and the special teams have now pretty much held two of the better returners in the NFL (Quan Cosby and Josh Cribbs) to some pretty unimpressive games as well. Last year they would have both probably put up one big return on us, minimum. This year we've started dropping guys behind the 20, largely thanks to a young couple gunners who disrupt the returner even if they don't get to finish the play.
Great post. I don't understand why being happy about this win equates to predicting playoffs. I just hope we win 6 games with this schedule. I am still pumped about a LOT of positive things today. Orton...... eesh! Still very shaky but like I've said before, I don't expect great things out of the gate. I just want to see improvements. Happy we won the turnover battle again!
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:11 PM   #21
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Did you think the same as me today, I had almost forgot what a sack was like ! Sacks are HUGE! Loudest plays all day in the stadium were the sacks (other than the Buckhalter run).
Doom's came at a huge time, thats for sure. We'd just gone up by two TDs, Cleveland needed a good drive to get back in it, and Doom basically took it away single handed.

And Cleveland put up 20 last week against the Vikings WITH Kevin and Pat at DT.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #22
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Mcdoofus is tearing this team apart!

Careful, "Brew-Crew" and his merry band of followers may want to band you for speaking the obvious.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:13 PM   #23
lazarus4444
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Coach McDaniels

Orton was in the business of not losing the game for us. Sure some of the throws looked pretty bad but in the end he played good enough to get the win and didn't hurt us. From where I was sitting (In my living room) it looked like some of those complete misses were QB/WR miscommunication. Who did the mis part of the miscommunicating i don't know but it's all about the offense working in synch together and they were not in synch in the first half but looked a lot better than last week.
lazarus4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #24
BMarsh615
Ring of Famer

21ís No Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
# 15

Quote:
Orton still hasnt proven he can go to even his second read.
100% untrue.
BMarsh615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #25
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Orton played well in the second half. Spread the field and got just vertical enough (hit two nice long passes down the sideline to both Gaffney and Marshall). The game wouldn't have been close as it was coming into the 4th quarter if Stokely doesn't drop a nice pass on 3rd down.

Lots and lots of nice progress this week.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote