The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default Bronco Fan Spoiled?

So your on the fence still? Not sure about losing your favorite coach or favorite QB prospect, or possibly, you just can't decide why you're on the fence altogether! Sure, there are plenty of reasons to be upset and anyone who isn't, Well, to be kind, you don't have good reasoning skills. Anytime a team goes under the knife, hammer, and drill all in the same season like the Broncos did this last season, there must be some time for healing and recovery in the fearful ICU....lots of time in the 'waiting room' for their die-hard fans waiting to hear the results of the 5 month surgical procedure that seems to have left more on the meat wagon than what is 'healing' in the hospital bed. You knew it wasn't going well when the nurse came out of surgery and announced, that they had to drill into our bones just to get the IV to take and most of this was self-inflicted!

I mean really!...damnit! are we ever going to be able to walk let alone win again? Most injuries of this nature to equestrians are fatal. Naturally, as prideful fans, our love for this game has become an aggressive passion! Your proud passion for this team has slowly become substituted with a day time emmy right before your eyes - leaving you to explain what the hell is going on at work and the local pub! Who needs this, right? You're passion for this team has become much more than just a love for this team - and, well, your a bit nervous about the return on your blood/sweat/tear investment. As die-hard Bronco elitists, this frenzie, has become more significant than the 'Men at Work' sign posted on Bristers front yard the year he took over for Elway. YES, it's true - going from Cutler to Orton, well, let's just say is sucks getting that leased escalade repo'ed and having to drive the dirty P-O-S hooptie again! For the first time in 30 years, you know what Raiderfan goes through EVERY offseason.

I have no clue why or when you became a fan of the Denver Broncos, but one thing is for sure...if you do one thing before we hit midseason - take a step back and assess - take a deep breath full of clear mile high air - your mind will flash back to the early 70's or early 80's....Now you see it: This season is NOTHING compared to the rockytop history this club has endured. In fact, this is a typical NFL drama in the modern era, where you can lose a franchise player on any given offseason by either money or injury with 95% of all players in the NFL do it for the money - not your approval. The all too common attitude that 'team means little to nothing until I'm taken care of' has not only poisoned the game, it has worked its way into the stands, and is a direct reflection of the modern society. As one fan posted, there is no 'J in TEAM'....well, there is no TEAM period in the modern era. So, you reap what you sow.

I know, I know, you can cry on my shoulder - losing a head coach and a franchise player in the same offseason has never happened before. Well, insert your finger in your nose as far up as you can and wiggle the **** out of that big brain you have!

Now, we have a great team one to be proud of...so, quit warming the damn bench and picking your nose and get onto the field and 'LOOK ALIVE!' Leave your daytime emmies on the bench and bring your old broncos threads - you know the one you slept with back in January of 97 or 98. Hell, there is 2 seasons worth of memorabilia to choose from - you're more than equipped for the winter.

Here's a quick quiz for you to take if you are still not convinced:

Quick Quiz:
In the saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going", which word is used as a verb only?

1. tough
2. get
3. going

Gotta GET GET Broncos fans! Now lets GET GOING!

Regardless, of you thoughts (aka feelings) - you have been filled with nothing more but true sweetness from your team. Since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger your beloved Broncos have 340 wins - that places them 4th (FOURTH) in the NFL just behind the Dolphins (360), Steelers (351), Cowboys (342). I'd say you have nothing but fear if your still on the fence about this club only because you don't know what losing tastes like.

Look at the all-time winningest QB's of all time...Favre, Elway, or Marino - which one spoiled their fanbase the most? It's taken 50 years to get to SB rings...yet our team has been to the SB how many times?

I'll rest the case for the Broncos - don't waste your passion following the sheeple currently living in the soured bronco buster farm - GET OFF THE FENCE and into the game! Help others to do the same. I know this isn't Montana - honestly, you are simply helping the sheep over and off of the fence.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-20-2009, 01:37 AM   #2
lex
Ring of Famer

The Broncos have been DisemBowlened

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
So your on the fence still? Not sure about losing your favorite coach or favorite QB prospect, or possibly, you just can't decide why you're on the fence altogether! Sure, there are plenty of reasons to be upset and anyone who isn't, Well, to be kind, you don't have good reasoning skills. Anytime a team goes under the knife, hammer, and drill all in the same season like the Broncos did this last season, there must be some time for healing and recovery in the fearful ICU....lots of time in the 'waiting room' for their die-hard fans waiting to hear the results of the 5 month surgical procedure that seems to have left more on the meat wagon than what is 'healing' in the hospital bed. You knew it wasn't going well when the nurse came out of surgery and announced, that they had to drill into our bones just to get the IV to take and most of this was self-inflicted!

I mean really!...damnit! are we ever going to be able to walk let alone win again? Most injuries of this nature to equestrians are fatal. Naturally, as prideful fans, our love for this game has become an aggressive passion! Your proud passion for this team has slowly become substituted with a day time emmy right before your eyes - leaving you to explain what the hell is going on at work and the local pub! Who needs this, right? You're passion for this team has become much more than just a love for this team - and, well, your a bit nervous about the return on your blood/sweat/tear investment. As die-hard Bronco elitists, this frenzie, has become more significant than the 'Men at Work' sign posted on Bristers front yard the year he took over for Elway. YES, it's true - going from Cutler to Orton, well, let's just say is sucks getting that leased escalade repo'ed and having to drive the dirty P-O-S hooptie again! For the first time in 30 years, you know what Raiderfan goes through EVERY offseason.

I have no clue why or when you became a fan of the Denver Broncos, but one thing is for sure...if you do one thing before we hit midseason - take a step back and assess - take a deep breath full of clear mile high air - your mind will flash back to the early 70's or early 80's....Now you see it: This season is NOTHING compared to the rockytop history this club has endured. In fact, this is a typical NFL drama in the modern era, where you can lose a franchise player on any given offseason by either money or injury with 95% of all players in the NFL do it for the money - not your approval. The all too common attitude that 'team means little to nothing until I'm taken care of' has not only poisoned the game, it has worked its way into the stands, and is a direct reflection of the modern society. As one fan posted, there is no 'J in TEAM'....well, there is no TEAM period in the modern era. So, you reap what you sow.

I know, I know, you can cry on my shoulder - losing a head coach and a franchise player in the same offseason has never happened before. Well, insert your finger in your nose as far up as you can and wiggle the **** out of that big brain you have!

Now, we have a great team one to be proud of...so, quit warming the damn bench and picking your nose and get onto the field and 'LOOK ALIVE!' Leave your daytime emmies on the bench and bring your old broncos threads - you know the one you slept with back in January of 97 or 98. Hell, there is 2 seasons worth of memorabilia to choose from - you're more than equipped for the winter.

Quick Quiz:
In the saying "When the going gets tough, the tough get going", which word is used as a verb only?

1. tough
2. get
3. going

Regardless, of you thoughts (aka feelings) - you have been filled with nothing more but true sweetness from your team. Since the 1970 AFL/NFL merger your beloved Broncos have 340 wins - that places them 4th (FOURTH) in the NFL just behind the Dolphins (360), Steelers (351), Cowboys (342). I'd say you have nothing but fear if your still on the fence about this club only because you don't know what losing tastes like.

Look at the all-time winningest QB's of all time...Favre, Elway, or Marino - which one spoiled their fanbase the most? It's taken 50 years to get to SB rings...yet our team has been to the SB how many times?

I'll rest the case for the Broncos - don't waste your passion following the sheeple currently living in the soured bronco buster farm - GET OFF THE FENCE and into the game! Help others to do the same. I know this isn't Montana - honestly, you are simply helping the sheep over and off of the fence.

Its ironic that you would use the word sheep.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post

Quick Quiz:

1. tough
2. get
3. going

Ummmmmmm.......sure if you say so! See ya at the game!
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #4
NYBronco
Ring of Famer

The Bronco today are what they are and how they got here is out of my control. I will be at the sports bar cheering the Broncos on this afternoon in the sports biased east and will undoubtedly be seeking an all out one sided victory over the Browns.

Go Broncos!
NYBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Vegas Bronco, it's clear you put a lot of effort into your lead post in this thread thank you for that.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

You make a lot of points BUT....I think I speak for some of the older fans.....what spoiled us was winning the SB. Regardless of what you want to think, we are not ever expecting an "Elway" back out there on the field. (How dare you put Favre's name in front of his). We are greatful we got to see the greatest but we have let that go. We have seen the worst of the Broncos back in the day, but we always had hope. Even when we got to the SB and lost, we just said next year. We were where the Chargers are right now, just greatful to get to the playoffs. After winning the SB, we want/expect it every year. BUT, we still support this team, despite our b****ing. We've earned the right.

This is like when your child is missing you are frantic and when you find that child there is such immense relief and then you want to kill that kid for putting you through that. BUT you still love that child. This has nothing to do with the firing of a coach, the hiring of a coach, the loss of a QB....this has to do with the pride of winning. We are immensely proud of this team and we want that team to reflect that pride. It is silly to expect it each year but we do. We b**** out of frustration, we don't want to know what the Raiders fans feel like because then we've sunk to a low level. We don't want to be the teams we used to watch in the 60's and 70's. BUT, that does not mean we will not support this team through 3-13 or whatever seasons. We are the Broncos, we've been to 6 SB's, won two, back to back and we expect so much more from everyone in the organization.

Now get off your high horse and quit telling us how to support the Broncos. We are and because you don't like the way we do, too ****ing bad.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:43 AM   #7
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

There is one thing the Denver Broncos have never accomplished as a successful organization, and that is a dynasty. Cities like San Francisco, Boston, Green Bay, Dallas, Pittsburgh and Washington can make those claims. Until I can watch a "Bronco dynasty" I'll gladly wear the moniker of spoiled fan.

I also think Shanny let our home field dominance slide in the past few years. Maybe it was the new stadium, I grew up in DC and saw what FedEx field did to the Skins home field advantage. I'd like to hear other teams fans start to dread road games in Fortress Mile High. Who knows, maybe that air of pride returns today.

Make some noise Denver!! That faint noise you hear is me screaming from North Carolina!!
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #8
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltheway32 View Post
You make a lot of points BUT....I think I speak for some of the older fans.....what spoiled us was winning the SB. Regardless of what you want to think, we are not ever expecting an "Elway" back out there on the field. (How dare you put Favre's name in front of his). We are greatful we got to see the greatest but we have let that go. We have seen the worst of the Broncos back in the day, but we always had hope. Even when we got to the SB and lost, we just said next year. We were where the Chargers are right now, just greatful to get to the playoffs. After winning the SB, we want/expect it every year. BUT, we still support this team, despite our b****ing. We've earned the right.

This is like when your child is missing you are frantic and when you find that child there is such immense relief and then you want to kill that kid for putting you through that. BUT you still love that child. This has nothing to do with the firing of a coach, the hiring of a coach, the loss of a QB....this has to do with the pride of winning. We are immensely proud of this team and we want that team to reflect that pride. It is silly to expect it each year but we do. We b**** out of frustration, we don't want to know what the Raiders fans feel like because then we've sunk to a low level. We don't want to be the teams we used to watch in the 60's and 70's. BUT, that does not mean we will not support this team through 3-13 or whatever seasons. We are the Broncos, we've been to 6 SB's, won two, back to back and we expect so much more from everyone in the organization.

Now get off your high horse and quit telling us how to support the Broncos. We are and because you don't like the way we do, too ****ing bad.
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #9
listopencil
[sarcasm]text[/sarcasm]

BOOM! Winner.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Broncos FO

Blah.
Attached Images

listopencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Popps
It's so easy

Nice post, and I agree with the dynasty-aspect. The next accomplishment for this franchise it o build a sustainable, winning sytem/staff like other great teams have done.

Hopefully we're seeing the start of that right now.

If not, then so be it... but I'm going to live and die with this team as I have the past three decades, either way.

GO BRONCOS.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Screw Cutler, Screw Shanahan, Screw the Goodmans, Screw everyone who is hating on the Broncos.

I am done with the past, those guys are gone, and haters just suck. I am 100% behind our new coach and the players we have now. Screw living in the past, we are 1-0 right now with a chance to be 2-0 at the end of the day.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:31 AM   #12
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Screw Cutler, Screw Shanahan, Screw the Goodmans, Screw everyone who is hating on the Broncos.

I am done with the past, those guys are gone, and haters just suck. I am 100% behind our new coach and the players we have now. Screw living in the past, we are 1-0 right now with a chance to be 2-0 at the end of the day.
Welcome back.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #13
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Why not just switch to the Patriots. Theyre the real thing after all.

lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #14
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I have been a bronco fan for 3 whole weeks now ............I dont need anyone telling me whats what
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #15
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lex View Post
Why not just switch to the Patriots. Theyre the real thing after all.

**** the Patriots!

Go Denver
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Didn't the Patriots lose tonight, to the NY Jets...Never switching teams (except that one time at band wagon camp).

Go Broncos!
Miss I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:49 PM   #17
lex
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
**** the Patriots!

Go Denver Patriots!!!