The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default "Fickle/Spoiled" Bronco Fans?!?

Quote:
"Hi Woody, Thanks for the opportunity to ask you a question love your perspectives (even when I don't agree)! I've been a dedicated Bronco fan for 20+ years and visited Denver once in '01, watched them play the Raiders and loved cheering them on even though we got beaten down that night. Is it just me or are some of the Bronco fans in Denver the most disloyal, fickle and spoiled in all of pro sports (even before this year's drama)? Those fans sometimes make it difficult to admit that I am a fan of the Broncos."

-- Brandon, New York

Brandon: "A 16th century philosopher said "If two people agree, one of them is unnecessary." I don't even agree with myself all the time.

No, the Broncos' fans are not the most disloyal, fickle and spoiled in all of pro sports. It's the same way in every town, trust me, where sports matters. San Diego Chargers fans, for instance, are not disloyal, fickle and spoiled. They're just apathetic. Atlanta, too. D.C. Seattle. Try Philly sometime. How about the Jets' fans? Or the Chicago Bears fans, or the Los Angeles Lakers, or the Dodgers or the Dallas fans in all sports.

Broncos' fans are loyal (sellouts since the 1920s or something). They are fickle, and they were spoiled by six Super Bowls from 1977 to 1998. I like Broncos fans, and I've been everywhere, including a lot of places where the football fans are mostly drunk young men. Bengals fans didn't even stay for the whole game Sunday. When the Broncos beat the Steelers in the team's first playoff game in 1977, Terry Bradshaw told me afterward: "Tell them to enjoy this. It will never be the same." The Broncos' fans got a taste of winning that year, and things do change. It's like a baby tiger getting that first taste of blood. We're all guilty of jumping on and off bandwagons. It's sports
."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_13350251?source=rss

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #2
Broncofan_H
Seasoned Veteran

Can't say I disagree with Woody.
Broncofan_H is offline   Reply With Quote