The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

Default Clayton still taking little shots at Broncos...our win was "fluky"

John Clayton is probably the most hated news analyst in Broncos nation because of his flat out, direct, apparent, and completely obvious hate towards the Broncos.

Fucc this mother fuccer until someone breaks his knees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...tand10/09week2

Quote:
9. Cleveland Browns at Denver Broncos: This is a matchup of two former Belichick assistants who are trying to win over their players. Broncos coach Josh McDaniels got off to a good start with a fluky but fun victory over the Bengals. It wasn't a surprise that QB Kyle Orton and the offense got off to a slow start. Orton was playing with an injured right index finger and halfback Knowshon Moreno was playing with a sore knee.

Eric Mangini and the Browns got off to a bad start against the Vikings. The Browns' offense couldn't do anything. Although it's not embarrassing to give up 180 yards to Adrian Peterson, it has to worry Mangini that his run defense struggled so much in the opener.
Now I'm not saying our win wasn't "lucky" but I wouldn't call it "fluky." Fluky means we were outplayed the whole game and got a lucky play. This wasn't the case. Fluky is what happened in SD last year. This wasn't the case. Our defense played hard and allowed 0 points until the final drive. We had BS calls on the drive before Bengals scored. The win definitely wasn't a "fluky" one... miracle and lucky? Sure.

It wasn't a surprise Orton and the offense got off to a slow start? How about the fact that we were able to move the ball down to the redzone all preseason long?

Anyways... John Clayton shall eat his **** when the time comes.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Seriously..why do you people listen to these a-holes?!?!?!?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #3
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Who cares what this little freak says? He predicted us to be 3-13 so he is trying to play off his retarded predictions.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:58 AM   #4
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Browns should win this game. Cleveland scored 20 points against a good Viking defense.

Orton is playing so bad right now our defense is going to need to hold teams 3-12 points just to win. Can't see that happening not even against Cleveland.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:59 AM   #5
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Although it's not embarrassing to give up 180 yards to Adrian Peterson

I disagree. I don't care who the running back is, you don't give up 180 yards to any one guy. That means he'd be on pace for 2,880 yards for the season if he faced your team every week. How is that not embarrassing?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:00 AM   #6
rastaman
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Who cares what this little freak says? He predicted us to be 3-13 so he is trying to play off his retarded predictions.
We should have started the season 0-1. We still have a chance to go 3-13.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:02 AM   #7
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post

I disagree. I don't care who the running back is, you don't give up 180 yards to any one guy. That means he'd be on pace for 2,880 yards for the season if he faced your team every week. How is that not embarrassing?
This!
Plus knowing what you had to do coming in, knowing that AP was the
game plan, and the aging Favre was not going to throw much, and was not truly going to be a factor.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #8
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
We should have started the season 0-1. We still have a chance to go 3-13.
You are such a loser!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #9
The MVPlaya
Denver Broncos

out with the old, IN WITH THE NEW

lol rastaman - you are one of the biggest losers on this forum. It's horrible imagine how poor your lifestyle, and your surroundings are. You're going to be a fan for a team and wish negative things upon them...

You're a ****in embarrassment... however I am not surprised because you're still Cutler's biiiiitch.

EDIT
Not just this forum - but from all team forums of any sport.
The MVPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Dont know how the win wasnt a fluke. Cincy had the lead with 20 seconds left, and we had the ball at the 13. Their defense held us to 6 points the whole game and their offense was able to get 1 great drive against us.

As far as he offense, our (should be barely a backup) quarterback played with a glove for the first time since dislocating that finger, I dont think he shouldve even been out there personally.

Clayton starts bashing us when we are say 6-2 or something and then I'll see your point. But we should be 0-1. But a lucky ass fluke play saved our buts. Now hopefully we can take care of business the next 2 games and build some 3-0 momentum going into the murderers row part of the schedule.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #11
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Browns should win this game. Cleveland scored 20 points against a good Viking defense.

Orton is playing so bad right now our defense is going to need to hold teams 3-12 points just to win. Can't see that happening not even against Cleveland.
They're offense scored 13, 7 came on a punt return. They're other TD came inside the 2 minute warning when the game was decided.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #12
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Did you guys see AD's 65 yard TD run? My freakin goodness that was nothing against Cleveland, that was AD being a freakin animal.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #13
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

McDaniels is still trying to "win over his players"? Someone should tell them that....
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #14
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

fluky but fun... sounds like something a woman says about her party.

"Come on over, Bev."

"What are we doing?"

"Ah, just a little get together. I will be fluky but fun. Bring your favorite wine!"

Fluky but fun. How about sloppy but successful. How about hard fought but victorious. Dude, check your manhood at the door.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #15
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

Some truth there. I do remember when we had TD in the backfield. San Diego always played him tough and made it a mantra for TD to never get 100 yds against them.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:09 AM   #16
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

To those who say the win wasnt a fluke, let me ask you, if we completed a great drive to go up 7-6 with a few seconds left, and they won the game on that play, would you still say the win wasnt a fluke?
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #17
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
We should have started the season 0-1.
How do you figure?
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by McFoneco1331 View Post
Did you guys see AD's 65 yard TD run? My freakin goodness that was nothing against Cleveland, that was AD being a freakin animal.
Nothing against Cleveland? I assume you mean, aside from the 3 guys that had missed tackles on that play.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #19
kamakazi_kal

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mayhem Miller

If it can be fluky every week and end in a W i'll take it.
kamakazi_kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #20
Dagmar
...there ain't no devil

..there's just God when he's drunk.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tim Tebow

Quote:

You remember what we gave up to Sproles at the ass end of last year?
Dagmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:16 AM   #21
Jason in LA
Gimmie that rep fool!

Speaking of Butts & Boob Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Dont know how the win wasnt a fluke. Cincy had the lead with 20 seconds left, and we had the ball at the 13. Their defense held us to 6 points the whole game and their offense was able to get 1 great drive against us.

As far as he offense, our (should be barely a backup) quarterback played with a glove for the first time since dislocating that finger, I dont think he shouldve even been out there personally.

Clayton starts bashing us when we are say 6-2 or something and then I'll see your point. But we should be 0-1. But a lucky ass fluke play saved our buts. Now hopefully we can take care of business the next 2 games and build some 3-0 momentum going into the murderers row part of the schedule.
I'm with you on this one. It was a fun win. We all went crazy over it. But, it was totally fluky. There's no other way to call it. That's as fluke of a play as it gets. And what Clayton said is true. The offense got off to a slow start. They crossed the 50 only 3 times and never made it to the redzone. What else are you going to call that? He could have been a lot harsher.

It's like if anybody in the media says anything about the Broncos that isn't positive, people around here go nuts.
Jason in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MVPlaya View Post
lol rastaman - you are one of the biggest losers on this forum. It's horrible imagine how poor your lifestyle, and your surroundings are.
You know what the sad thing is? The dude is 51 ****ING YEARS OLD. I figured he was just some dumb **** 15 year old based on his horrible english, but it turns out this dude is as old as my dad. I can't imagine my dad going on to a football message board and acting like a petulant little b**** like rastaman does, I really feel sorry for him, he's 51 and is almost certainly unmarried and child-less. He wasted his own life and now his only recourse is to come on to Broncos message boards and try to make other people feel as miserable as he does. Such a sad ****ing sack of ****.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:18 AM   #23
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona

Our win was fluky. 99 out of 100 times denver loses that game.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #24
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
To those who say the win wasnt a fluke, let me ask you, if we completed a great drive to go up 7-6 with a few seconds left, and they won the game on that play, would you still say the win wasnt a fluke?
Of course it was a fluke! Shyt happens, and thats why they play the games.

The point is that we were in a position to win the game with a single play, because of how well the TEAM had played until then. Sure, it was mainly the Defense, but we were in the game , and in fact, lead for the entire game except for 27 seconds that THEY had the lead. How is that totally luck?

It wasn't pretty...but it is still a win. You make your own luck, and when it happens, if you take advantage GOOD things happen. 3 sacks, two picks, and the other good things that happened aren't all luck. Cinncinatti was lucky they were even in it after their mistakes and miscues.

They forgot to FINISH. We didn't.
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Like McDaniels said, we aren't going to give this win back. Flukey, lucky, whatever you want to call it. Broncos won, and thats the bottom line. Hey Ratsababy, you want to bet on this weekends game? I'll give you 3 points, and the Broncos still win, if they do, you have to EAT CROW and leave the board for a month. If the Broncos lose, I'll pack it in.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote