The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #1
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,017
Default I know this might be a little Early

But has anyone had a chance yet to break down the footage of the Browns game to get an idea of what we may be facing this week and how McDaniels may approach the game?
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 06:36 AM   #2
barryr
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,701

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I haven't seen any tape, but did a little of that game. The Browns look like a typical team in transition. The Broncos looked more like a team despite having a new coach and system that has played together for some time, while the Browns looked confused a lot on both sides of the ball
. That could change at any time during the season, but that's what it seemed like to me.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I haven't seen any tape, but did a little of that game. The Browns look like a typical team in transition. The Broncos looked more like a team despite having a new coach and system that has played together for some time, while the Browns looked confused a lot on both sides of the ball
. That could change at any time during the season, but that's what it seemed like to me.
Did you watch our offense? They had about as much rhythm as an 8 year old in a guitar store.

I agree in regards to the defense, but don't forget we have two future hall of famers leading our defense.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,693
Default

It looked to me from the little I saw that they couldn't protect Quinn that well or pressure the other teams QB.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,748

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

In true Patriot ways, both teams will record each other recording each other.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:35 AM   #6
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser
 
Bronco Boy's Avatar
 
Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New York. **** you too.
Posts: 2,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

I would suggest waiting until the Broncos play the Browns and review that game tape. That will give you great insight on which is the better team.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,223
Default

I hope we can run this week -
The Browns gave up 180 yds. to Peterson Sunday.
The Browns gave up an average of 152 rushing yards per game last year - This is our opportunity!
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #8
Popps
TEAM FIRST.
 
Popps's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 29,800
Default

They gave up 300 yards of offense... about the same as us, but the difference was, Minnesota capitalized on it.

I think almost 200 of those yards were on the ground, though AP had one freaky, long run.

Overall, they were sort of blown out... but I doubt it was quite as bad as the score indicated. They're struggling on offense, just like us.

Overall, seems like a fairly even match-up going in. I have a gut feeling that our offense will start to come together this weekend, though... and with home crowd and a pumped up defense, this should be a good opportunity to pounce on a struggling offense.

Seems like a potential momentum win if we play mistake-free like we did last weekend.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
JCMElway
Moderate-erator
 
JCMElway's Avatar
 
Dominate!

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 7,253

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
I would suggest waiting until the Broncos play the Browns and review that game tape. That will give you great insight on which is the better team.
you are teh dumm.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #10
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"
 
WolfpackGuy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 6,735
Default

Broncos are adding the tipped pass to the playbook.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:08 PM   #11
PRBronco
_never forget_
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 4,255

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth
Default

I hope our boys on the inside are up to handling Shaun Rogers. The only thing their offense could do against us last year was exploit our **** safeties and linebackers with K2, who do they have at TE now?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #12
ward63
Go Broncos!
 
ward63's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zac Dysert
Default

Double Shaun and run it w/Peyton and Knowshon
ward63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #13
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,854

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Browns have almost zero chance on the road against this momentum.

Both teams new coaches, and with the line just 3, I can't imagine how we don't cover.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer
 
Cool Breeze's Avatar
 
Broncos Rock!

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: south of town
Posts: 1,223
Default

82Steve HeidenTE326-527011South Dakota State
84Robert RoyalTE306-42578Louisiana State
86Martin RuckerTE246-52602Missouri
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:03 PM   #15
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,636

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMcBuff View Post
Browns have almost zero chance on the road against this momentum.

Both teams new coaches, and with the line just 3, I can't imagine how we don't cover.
Well you just lost us the game.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 PM   #16
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,293

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
They gave up 300 yards of offense... about the same as us, but the difference was, Minnesota capitalized on it.

I think almost 200 of those yards were on the ground, though AP had one freaky, long run.

Overall, they were sort of blown out... but I doubt it was quite as bad as the score indicated. They're struggling on offense, just like us.

Overall, seems like a fairly even match-up going in. I have a gut feeling that our offense will start to come together this weekend, though... and with home crowd and a pumped up defense, this should be a good opportunity to pounce on a struggling offense.

Seems like a potential momentum win if we play mistake-free like we did last weekend.
did you see that run by Peterson. came to a complete stop, threw a guy out of his way and then took off down the sidelines, one of the best runs i have ever seen, mix of power, speed, agility near perfection

on topic of the game, i believe that Hillis and Moreno are keys to us dominating. we need to pound the rock early and often and open passing lanes.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:42 PM   #17
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer
 
Irish Stout's Avatar
 
Run for it Marty!

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,891

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard
Default

Hey we've got our pics back!!! I just noticed this, but seem to recall them there yesterday too. My powers of observation are stellar.

Have not reviewed Browns tape, but have seen pieces of their game. I think that if we go with a hard hitting running game - i.e. Buckhalter and Hillis. I love Moreno, but sometimes you need a dude who will just pound and pound and get the yards to open up the door for someone like Knowshon. Plus I am cautious of Knowshon still since hes coming off that injury, he just didn't look crisp in Cinci.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,141

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish McStout View Post
Hey we've got our pics back!!! I just noticed this, but seem to recall them there yesterday too. My powers of observation are stellar.

Have not reviewed Browns tape, but have seen pieces of their game. I think that if we go with a hard hitting running game - i.e. Buckhalter and Hillis. I love Moreno, but sometimes you need a dude who will just pound and pound and get the yards to open up the door for someone like Knowshon. Plus I am cautious of Knowshon still since hes coming off that injury, he just didn't look crisp in Cinci.
I agree...Buckhalter had some pretty good gains. I was hoping to see him get more carries as well as Hillis.

Also, if we don't execute, it's going to be another long game. Guys need to catch the ball. We can't have 4-5 consecutive 3 and outs.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
Ambiguous
Ask me about my title
 
Ambiguous's Avatar
 
Go fsck yourself San Diego.

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,887

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
They gave up 300 yards of offense... about the same as us, but the difference was, Minnesota capitalized on it.

I think almost 200 of those yards were on the ground, though AP had one freaky, long run.

Overall, they were sort of blown out... but I doubt it was quite as bad as the score indicated. They're struggling on offense, just like us.

Overall, seems like a fairly even match-up going in. I have a gut feeling that our offense will start to come together this weekend, though... and with home crowd and a pumped up defense, this should be a good opportunity to pounce on a struggling offense.

Seems like a potential momentum win if we play mistake-free like we did last weekend.
Just need to make the right mistakes, like throwing into coverage with 30 seconds left in the game while Stokely is open.
Ambiguous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #20
TotallyScrewed
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
did you see that run by Peterson. came to a complete stop, threw a guy out of his way and then took off down the sidelines, one of the best runs i have ever seen, mix of power, speed, agility near perfection

on topic of the game, i believe that Hillis and Moreno are keys to us dominating. we need to pound the rock early and often and open passing lanes.
I was going to say that no one should confuse any RB on the Broncos squad with AP...much as I like Hillis, he doesn't have AP skills, and no one knows what/when Moreno will showcase. So don't expect the Broncos to put 200-300 yards rushing...but they have got to try anything that keeps the ball out of Orton's mit.
TotallyScrewed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #21
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan
 
hades's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time
Posts: 2,156
Default

My best friend from High school, wife and myself are going to the game, 4th or 5th year in a row for the home opener, and we have not lost a game yet when the three of us are there!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

I think our D and special teams will be huge in this game, I also think we start running the ball outside the tackles a little more.....passing game will still struggle though. Browns had a tough time tackling, but I guess you can't blame them!
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #23
broncswin
God I love those Broncos
 
broncswin's Avatar
 
Bring back the hardware

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Broncos Fantasy Land
Posts: 2,188

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
my best friend from high school, wife and myself are going to the game, 4th or 5th year in a row for the home opener, and we have not lost a game yet when the three of us are there!
knock on wood!! Gett er done
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:48 PM   #24
DarkHorse
RPM Racer
 
DarkHorse's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kenny McKinley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward63 View Post
Double Shaun and run it w/Peyton and Knowshon
He's white and therefore for some mysterious reason is actually blacklisted as a halfback in the nfl.


Ironic eh?

Best back we have on the roster currently although Buckhalter looks very good so far.
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #25
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAmbiguous View Post
Just need to make the right mistakes, like throwing into coverage with 30 seconds left in the game while Stokely is open.
I've watched the replay a couple times, stok doesn't appear to be open the safety etc. Rolled over as soon as the ball left ortons hand
DenverBroncosJM is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Denver Broncos