The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default Throw over the middle?

Do you think Orton threw to Marshall over the middle trying to kill him because he has been such a B!@ch or just did not under stand that he was to get his clock cleaned?
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
Popps
It's so easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos0707 View Post
Do you think Orton threw to Marshall over the middle trying to kill him because he has been such a B!@ch or just did not under stand that he was to get his clock cleaned?
Maybe he didn't give a ****, and thought Brandon could actually do his job?

Or, maybe he just figured Brandon was going to drop it anyway, so it didn't matter.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:06 AM   #3
Clockwork Orange
Persona Non Grata

I seen him!

Was he trying to kill Eddie Royal too? He lead him even worse and Eddie took a serious pop from Keith Rivers as a result.
Clockwork Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:08 AM   #4
ChSuperStar
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

FO wanted BM to catch those balls.. before he has balls to come in and ask for more money.
ChSuperStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #5
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork Orange View Post
Was he trying to kill Eddie Royal too? He lead him even worse and Eddie took a serious pop from Keith Rivers as a result.
Yea...i really hope this isn't a common theme!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:38 AM   #6
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Look, I'm no fan of Orton, but c'mon half of the QBs in the league that have average arms do this sometimes.

The guy doesn't have zip in his arm so occasionally he is going to get his WRs in trouble. Hopefully the timing between the guys will get better.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:47 AM   #7
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

hard to have timing when you arm is made of wet noodle.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:28 AM   #8
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I didn't know whether to feel ashamed for this or not, but I was actually happy everytime bmarsh took a good poppin'.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 AM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Because Orton can't get enough velocity on the ball to work the sidelines without rolling out of the pocket. Watch the deep outs... nearly intercepted every time. Dan Fouts said as much yesterday. I don't know if his injury has anything to do with it, but I suspect so.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:45 AM   #10
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popps View Post
Maybe he didn't give a ****, and thought Brandon could actually do his job?

Because that is exactly what you want in a QB, one who doesn't give a **** about getting his recievers laid out over the middle. I get it, Brandon is a worthless human being who had a bad game.

Or, maybe he just figured Brandon was going to drop it anyway, so it didn't matter.
Even if he drops it he still gets laid out by the Linebacker. I'm never going to root for Orton to play badly, but I believe when he does play badly we shouldn't put on blinders about his tendencies. It was annoying when some did it with Cutler, it will be damn near unsufferable when others do it with Orton.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Um yeah, maybe has something to do with a defense playing a zone, which in that case, the WR needs to stop in an empty area and not keep running, which will result in running where there is a defender waiting to pop him. I remember Rod Smith and McCaffrey taking hard hits just about every game. So we are to believe Elway did this on purpose too?
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #12
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Yea...i really hope this isn't a common theme!
I'm afraid it is "I know we won and all" but watch the highlights those last two throws were horrendous even if the bungle didn't tip it to Stokely it was not going to be complete and he can't hit a wr in stride to save his life I just hope our wr's last the year
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:41 AM   #13
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Because Orton can't get enough velocity on the ball to work the sidelines without rolling out of the pocket. Watch the deep outs... nearly intercepted every time. Dan Fouts said as much yesterday. I don't know if his injury has anything to do with it, but I suspect so.
I really hope it's just the injury. It's hard to imagine a guy getting drafted with the kind of weak arm that has a 25 yard pass up the seam be under thrown and lack any zip.

High schoolers can throw that kind of pass with more pop.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
I really hope it's just the injury. It's hard to imagine a guy getting drafted with the kind of weak arm that has a 25 yard pass up the seam be under thrown and lack any zip.

High schoolers can throw that kind of pass with more pop.
You can youtube about a thousand healthy Orton highlights, and in any of those highlights you can see he has more velocity than yesterday. He has some kind of splint, and probably a completely anestheatized index finger under that glove. It has to be affecting his delivery.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:45 AM   #15
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Orton will get better as he gets more time with his targets and as his hand heals, no doubt about that, what we saw yessterday was far from what he can do.

The only thing that scares me about Orton's performance was his get off time, he looked very slow getting the ball out and didn't seem to be going through his progressions in a natural way. I hope it has something to do with his limited time with Marshall in practice, but that needs to be fixed.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #16
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

Cutler threw to Marshall all the time in traffic. The opposing defense has to know where he is on the field, because he's so dangerous.
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Orton will get better as he gets more time with his targets and as his hand heals, no doubt about that, what we saw yessterday was far from what he can do.

The only thing that scares me about Orton's performance was his get off time, he looked very slow getting the ball out and didn't seem to be going through his progressions in a natural way. I hope it has something to do with his limited time with Marshall in practice, but that needs to be fixed.
He also still has happy feet in the pocket and panics while going through progression. I'm starting to buy that "he's not used to having time" theory. Also, he made some dumb decisions throwing into double coverage, but perhaps improvement will come when he's more comfortable with the offense. Regardless, ill give him more than one week. Plus, he didnt turn the ball over, which is key in a game like that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:51 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Fouts is right about this, but he said some pretty amazingly dumb things. Do you remember on one of Benson's runs he actually said "now if he makes the tackler miss and then makes Brian Dawkins miss, he would have taken it for a touchdown." Wow, is that all?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
He also still has happy feet in the pocket and panics while going through progression. I'm starting to buy that "he's not used to having time" theory.
Watching Jay run for his life last night also supported this theory.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #20
manchambo
Ring of Famer

I think it's pretty funny that anyone could think, after watching that game, that Orton has either the inclination or the ability to do much of anything inentional with the ball, much less something fancy like leading a receiver into a hit.

I thought it said something about Marshall that he held onto it though. Not many people hold that ball under those circumstances.
manchambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:10 AM   #21
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
You can youtube about a thousand healthy Orton highlights, and in any of those highlights you can see he has more velocity than yesterday. He has some kind of splint, and probably a completely anestheatized index finger under that glove. It has to be affecting his delivery.
Thanks, I'll have to take your word for it as I don't really have any desire to watch more mediocre QB play.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

If Brandon wants to be considered a top 5 receiver, he needs to come down with any decent pass thrown his way.

The whole reason you have a guy Brandon's size is to fight for the ball. I think that Brandon will come around as he sees the "fight" in the rest of the team. Hopefully he looks better against the Brownies.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote