The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Default Broncos before the half

one thing i had grown to hate about Shanny was his BS playcalling when we had the ball with less than 2 minutes to go until halftime. almost without fail, no matter the score and no matter who would be receiving the KO for the 2nd half, Shanny would try to run out the clock and go to the locker room. every once in a while, they'd gain some yards and Shanny would then have to try and run a 2 minute drill, but usually, it was run left, screen right, run right, halftime.

this used to drive me crazy because it often was the turning point of the game. the opponent would score and KO to us. we'd then run out the clock. and at the beginning of the 2nd half, the opponent would get the ball to start the half.

whenever the opponent is set to receive the KO for the 2nd half, and you have the ball right before halftime, YOU MUST TRY TO SCORE. Shanny didn't understand this. he was paranoid about injuries i guess.

anyway, today, McD did exactly what i he was supposed to do. the end result, a Bronco FG and halftime lead. if you don't think that deflated the Bungles in the halftime locker room, think again. going into halftime after just giving up the lead affects all teams negatively.

so thanks McD. you weren't perfect in your debut, but at least in this regard, you called for SMART football, which was a departure from Shanny.
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links