The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Sacks

12 sacks given up last year with a mobile QB and a downfield passing attack...2 in the first quarter today, 1/6 of the entire total last season. Is this early jitters and a lack of cohesion or something more concerning? I don't expect 12 sacks again but part of the theory in this short range passing game is the idea that you're avoiding pressure with the 3 step drops.

How many sacks are we looking at this year?
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Probably double.

Honestly with guys still not 100% with it on the offense I don't see how we could expect anything less. I do look for them to be more and more solid as the year goes on though.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Just like the whole thing about "QBs get too much credit in wins and too much blame in losses"......same thing with OLine. The OLine IMO got too much credit for the lack of sacks last season and Cutler and his mobility got too little credit for avoiding the potential sacks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Cutler is a big reason we took so few sacks last year. Orton has stone feet...I wouldn't be suprised to see our total triple this year. Oh, and Orton just took another sack that took us out of FG range. What an awesome game manager we have...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Cutler is a big reason we took so few sacks last year. Orton has stone feet...I wouldn't be suprised to see our total triple this year. Oh, and Orton just took another sack that took us out of FG range. What an awesome game manager we have...
And if he would have just tossed it up and had it picked off, you would ok right?
GreatBronco16 is online now   Reply With Quote