The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default A real truce that has nothing to do with whose right!!!!

Ok I get Rastas attempt at uniting the Orangemane fanbase to start the yr. It's a good idea.

But to do it in a way were people have to give up how they feel is not going to work.

All we can really hope to agree on is this.

1- We all love the Broncos. There is no need to rub peoples faces in the dirt because they were optimistic before a loss. If we lose we lose together. It's no crime to be a homer!!!

2- The people who are naysayers, who hate the coach, who think the team will stink, they love the Broncos also. If they didn't they wouldn't bother to be so pissed. You can love something a lot and still go about it in a way that rubs people the wrong way. If we do good, let the optimists not say you don't get to celebrate. If we win we celebrate together.

outside of that I have nothing other to say then since 1976 I have loved the Broncos. There have been dark times, there have been great times. I don't know yet what times these are but all I can say is I am ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Yup, rastaman had the right idea but it was a very weak attempt. He might as well have said "I think Bowlen and McD suck and this team is going to lose but can we all get along"...............doh.

Honestly, I don't give a damn anymore about trying to debate why we needed change. Some people just don't see it that way and that's fine. They can go watch the games with their other friends who just want to nit pick this team to death and complain all game long. No thanks, I am not watching the game with that crowd. I am having friends over who are totally upbeat about the 2009 Broncos and we're going to have a blast.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:51 PM   #3
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Ok I get Rastas attempt at uniting the Orangemane fanbase to start the yr. It's a good idea.

But to do it in a way were people have to give up how they feel is not going to work.

1- We all love the Broncos. There is no need to rub peoples faces in the dirt because they were optimistic before a loss. If we lose we lose together. It's no crime to be a homer!!!

2- The people who are naysayers, who hate the coach, who think the team will stink, they love the Broncos also. If they didn't they wouldn't bother to be so pissed. You can love something a lot and still go about it in a way that rubs people the wrong way. If we do good, let the optimists not say you don't get to celebrate. If we win we celebrate together.

outside of that I have nothing other to say then since 1976 I have loved the Broncos. There have been dark times, there have been great times. I don't know yet what times these are but all I can say is I am ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!
I'LL SIGN UP!

Ten hours to kickoff .... GO BRONCOS!
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #4
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

winning is the only thing that will bring people together. period.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 AM   #5
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Cmon Awater it an easy two things.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #6
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Truce usually happens when one side recognizes its losing the argument/battle/war and asks for a cessation to a. gain time to get away or b. prepare to surrender.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 AM   #7
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
Maybe you're right, but I'm not sure that will be enough.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #8
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Winning won't stop the douche bags on here, they will find another reason to be negative maybe our DVOA rating won't be high enough......... whatever the hell that is I don't know I just remember I seen people write about it a lot last year.

Last edited by KevinJames; 09-13-2009 at 12:35 AM..
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #9
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

I guess it's a matter of how one deals with adversity.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #10
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Old 09-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I guess it's a matter of how one deals with adversity.
right a peak into how people really get going when the **** hits the fan. Some go negative. Me I'm negative when things are sort of going good but they could be better. I will tell my band we sound like crap even if I think it's decent sounding. Then people practice harder and we get better.

But when things are tough, and people are really down I shift gears and give props for the things they do well. Build them up, jam with them, get them fired up again on the music. Then they start practicing harder and things get better.

IMO this is no time to be negative. We were middle of the pack in scoring, sucked after game 3, sucked on defense all yr. If we can't better the last 2 yrs, in the next 2 yrs, then maybe I will be upset.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

But still this thread is easy. All it says is win or lose we won't run in each others faces. To do that when people care so much about the team just seems better left for fans of other teams.

If we do play well this yr it would be cool if we all just enjoyed it instead of saying I told you so and go vote for the bears all yr.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:55 AM   #13
Popps
TEAM FIRST.

Quote:
Sorry, that's simply not true.

I watched people trash this team after every win during the 2005 season. We came within a game of the SB, and a large contingent here seemed almost relieved when we lost. Every win was met with a flood of "We won, BUT.." threads.

It's a mindset. People either move on or they don't, and it's fairly clear who around here has... hasn't... and won't.

Some people will move on, root as fans and analyze the team as a sensible fan does... and some will use every loss (or win) as a chance to be "right" about the past. (Or their perception of the past.)

A guy like Watermock isn't going to come in with a fair-minded, analytical approach to the new staff, even if we win tomorrow.

I wish I were wrong, but just watch how this plays out. No amount of success is going to make the bashers change their tune. It'll just be "yea, but" posts, all season long.

I send my very best out to all of the hardcore Broncos fans around here... many of whom have been critical of the team's moves, but have remained fans through the process... not trolls.

To the trolls and bashers, there's no truce needed.

My two cents.
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #14
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

I see it's working already.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:30 AM   #15
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
right a peak into how people really get going when the **** hits the fan. Some go negative. Me I'm negative when things are sort of going good but they could be better. I will tell my band we sound like crap even if I think it's decent sounding. Then people practice harder and we get better.

But when things are tough, and people are really down I shift gears and give props for the things they do well. Build them up, jam with them, get them fired up again on the music. Then they start practicing harder and things get better.

IMO this is no time to be negative. We were middle of the pack in scoring, sucked after game 3, sucked on defense all yr. If we can't better the last 2 yrs, in the next 2 yrs, then maybe I will be upset.
This is true.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:31 AM   #16
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Popp's is right. Throughout the whole 2005 season, I was like, "yeah, but Jake Plummer is going to choke in the playoffs," because I knew that when a big game comes around, Jake Plummer chokes. I sure didn't like that fact. I sure didn't like that it wasn't popular to accept that fact. But I accepted it as a fact because I knew it to be true.

I was happy with the wins, but I knew that we were on a dead-end track. What was I going to do? Not believe that Jake Plummer was going to choke once a big game came around? That would have been like asking me not to believe that there's a moon in the sky. Look, dude. It's right there in the sky. *pointing*

It didn't make me any less of a fan - did it?

I mean, ultimately, my measure of discontent was directly proportional to my own belief in the distance we are to the ultimate victory - right? Or are people not allowed to make that personal assessment, and voice their opinion accordingly without being accused of being lesser fans?

The real truce is everyone understanding that The Orange Mane and forums like them are virtual spectator's arena's where people gather to be spectators among an ocean of spectators, and where virtually everyone has the same common goal: prolonged winning. Dynasty even.

To that point, I'm going to go ahead and say it: if you are on this forum, and you aren't interested in seeing a Broncos Dynasty, then you probably don't belong on this forum - unless, you're of course, a rival fan who wants to act as the flies on our asses on the way up. Virtually everyone here has more in common than they do differences. They want to see the Broncos win.

Go Broncos!

Last edited by Taco John; 09-13-2009 at 01:35 AM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:07 AM   #17
watermock
"Hoodie Jr"

"Hug me!"

HappyUnicornLand would be getting Colt McCoy in next years draft.

Not gonna happen.
watermock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Yup, rastaman had the right idea but it was a very weak attempt. He might as well have said "I think Bowlen and McD suck and this team is going to lose but can we all get along"...............doh.

Honestly, I don't give a damn anymore about trying to debate why we needed change. Some people just don't see it that way and that's fine. They can go watch the games with their other friends who just want to nit pick this team to death and complain all game long. No thanks, I am not watching the game with that crowd. I am having friends over who are totally upbeat about the 2009 Broncos and we're going to have a blast.
This...

btw, i'll be PCSing aka moving down to Tuscan the beginning of November.

If anyone else is down in that area we might have to meet up watch the game some where and drink a few beers
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 AM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Winning won't stop the douche bags on here, they will find another reason to be negative maybe our DVOA rating won't be high enough......... whatever the hell that is I don't know I just remember I seen people write about it a lot last year.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:50 AM   #20
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Popp's is right. Throughout the whole 2005 season, I was like, "yeah, but Jake Plummer is going to choke in the playoffs," because I knew that when a big game comes around, Jake Plummer chokes. I sure didn't like that fact. I sure didn't like that it wasn't popular to accept that fact. But I accepted it as a fact because I knew it to be true.

I was happy with the wins, but I knew that we were on a dead-end track. What was I going to do? Not believe that Jake Plummer was going to choke once a big game came around? That would have been like asking me not to believe that there's a moon in the sky. Look, dude. It's right there in the sky. *pointing*

I mean, ultimately, my measure of discontent was directly proportional to my own belief in the distance we are to the ultimate victory - right? Or are people not allowed to make that personal assessment, and voice their opinion accordingly without being accused of being lesser fans?

The real truce is everyone understanding that The Orange Mane and forums like them are virtual spectator's arena's where people gather to be spectators among an ocean of spectators, and where virtually everyone has the same common goal: prolonged winning. Dynasty even.

To that point, I'm going to go ahead and say it: if you are on this forum, and you aren't interested in seeing a Broncos Dynasty, then you probably don't belong on this forum - unless, you're of course, a rival fan who wants to act as the flies on our asses on the way up. Virtually everyone here has more in common than they do differences. They want to see the Broncos win.

Go Broncos!
It's one thing to be real but another to be negative in ever single post. I'm not saying you are. Some on here don't see or at least don't post anything positive coming from the team. This offense still has the ability to put up some pretty good numbers and score some points. We have talent at every single position on offense...Orton is capable of moving this offense up and down the field.
The D is obviously still a question mark but you can tell it will be much improved over the past few years. Yet everyone seems to think just because McD is the coach and Cutler isn't our QB that we're suddenly a much worse team and were not!
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 AM   #21
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
It's one thing to be real but another to be negative in ever single post. I'm not saying you are. Some on here don't see or at least don't post anything positive coming from the team. This offense still has the ability to put up some pretty good numbers and score some points. We have talent at every single position on offense...Orton is capable of moving this offense up and down the field.
The D is obviously still a question mark but you can tell it will be much improved over the past few years. Yet everyone seems to think just because McD is the coach and Cutler isn't our QB that we're suddenly a much worse team and were not!
Orton is nowhere near as good a QB as Cutler... and McDaniels is a rookie (totally unproven). It's reasonable to feel nervous and apprehensive going into the new season in light of just how much change has occurred in the offseason along with a very tough schedule.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:55 AM   #22
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Some people are just optimists and others are pessimists. Thank God John Elway isn't wired like you.

As far as your take on the 2005 season you are certainly entitled to your opinion. Mine is that you still fail to look at pro football as a team sport. That was one hellluva team that came up a bit short that day.

Taco we know how much "Being right" means to you. The odds are certainly in your favor if you take the position that we'll choke in the playoffs. Can't imagine watching every Bronco win with a "Great win but we're going to choke anyway" attitude.

Last edited by Meck77; 09-13-2009 at 06:09 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:12 AM   #23
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

fo sho. also, if we lose, the negative people should *not be celebrating in their prediction of a loss, though it will inevitably happen.

Last edited by tsiguy96; 09-13-2009 at 06:22 AM..
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 AM   #24
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Bite me.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:49 AM   #25
wolverine
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Kirkus
Default How much change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Orton is nowhere near as good a QB as Cutler... and McDaniels is a rookie (totally unproven). It's reasonable to feel nervous and apprehensive going into the new season in light of just how much change has occurred in the offseason along with a very tough schedule.
What's with the "how much change". On offense we're returning 9 starters, count em. At running back we've replaced the likes of Young and Bell with Moreno and Buckhalter. And suddenly this team is going to suck?

On the worst defense to ever play in a Broncos uniform. Lots of change can't be a bad thing.

I'm optimistic for this season.http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/tongue.gif
wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote