The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default Post your Week 1 fantasy dilemmas here

Mine:

Santonio Holmes at home vs. TEN or
DeSean Jackson at CAR

Leaning towards Santonio
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Mine:

Williams at Home vs Eagles

Mike Bell at home vs Lions
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #3
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Mine:

Williams at Home vs Eagles

Mike Bell at home vs Lions
How is that a debate? You're going to sit a top 5 pick in favor of a guy that 90% of the leagues out there have available as a FA?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
crowebomber
Ring of Famer
 
crowebomber's Avatar
 
Old School Sucka Fool

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: P-Town
Posts: 1,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka
Default

I need to pick two:
Marshall vs. Cinci
Berrian vs. Cleveland
Greg Jennings vs. Chicago
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How is that a debate? You're going to sit a top 5 pick in favor of a guy that 90% of the leagues out there have available as a FA?
Mike Bell is gonna start vs the Lions Defense I grantee he'll rush for at least 90 Yards, Williams will share the load with J. Steward vs the Eagles they'll both rush for maybe 60 Yards each

Mike Bell:90 Yards
Williams:60 Yards
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #6
Flex Gunmetal
Icy Fresh
 
Flex Gunmetal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: COLORADO
Posts: 3,080

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Francis Daytona
Default

I'm predicting that Rodgers is going to have a huge day, so go with Jennings.

You're welcome.
Flex Gunmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Mine are easy decisions but I have some tough matchups.

Chris Johnson vs Pitt- He probably won't do much but can you really sit a guy I paid 80 bucks for in my leagues FA auction.

Grant vs Bears- a tough matchup but I have to play him

My other rbs are all sort of reaches and not ready to start.

McCoy- Phillys rookie rb
Bernard Scott- Cincy

Then I picked up Maroney in the last round.

My WR are no brainers every week they are healthy:

Fitzgerald- Paid 100 bucks for him in the FA Auction

Colston- Paid 30 bucks in FA auction

Royal- Drafted in the 5th round=total steal. Someone actually took steve Breaston in front of him.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowebomber View Post
I need to pick two:
Marshall vs. Cinci
Berrian vs. Cleveland
Greg Jennings vs. Chicago
Jennings & Marshall

Too early to tell what sort of impact Favre will have on Berrian
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Mike Bell is gonna start vs the Lions Defense I grantee he'll rush for at least 90 Yards, Williams will share the load with J. Steward vs the Eagles they'll both rush for maybe 60 Yards each

Mike Bell:90 Yards
Williams:60 Yards
Mike Bell? Forgetting Reggie Bush?

And Stewart won't play much if at all this weekend. Bank on it. I've read a few reports today that he's still running too tentatively and isn't ready to go full steam.

Look at these rankings. It's not even close:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...oll-09week1-rb
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #10
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Mike Bell is gonna start vs the Lions Defense I grantee he'll rush for at least 90 Yards, Williams will share the load with J. Steward vs the Eagles they'll both rush for maybe 60 Yards each

Mike Bell:90 Yards
Williams:60 Yards
I agree that DWill and Stewart will share, and struggle a bit with PHI. But Bell is a total gamble. Pierre hasn't been ruled out yet, and you still have Bush to run a bit.

I think you have to go with DWill as Stewart is just a gamble of not playing much than Pierre is.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:02 PM   #11
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How is that a debate? You're going to sit a top 5 pick in favor of a guy that 90% of the leagues out there have available as a FA?
exactly!!!! You don't ever sit MJD regardless of team he is playing.

Just like I won't sit Chris Johnson just because he's playing Steelers.

Big name players get up for big time games on national TV. You draft MJD, or Chris Johnson because they are gamers and have that swagger.

I sometimes worry more when its an easy team. Good team gets up on them early, and then the bkups get a lot of looks.

Most coaches lean on there big time players in big games.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
I agree that DWill and Stewart will share, and struggle a bit with PHI. But Bell is a total gamble. Pierre hasn't been ruled out yet, and you still have Bush to run a bit.

I think you have to go with DWill as Stewart is just a gamble of not playing much than Pierre is.
I think Stewert because he was banged up won't steal that many carries to start the yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius Pirate View Post
I agree that DWill and Stewart will share, and struggle a bit with PHI. But Bell is a total gamble. Pierre hasn't been ruled out yet, and you still have Bush to run a bit.

I think you have to go with DWill as Stewart is just a gamble of not playing much than Pierre is.
Bush and Pierre are Hurt I think that they won't even play any of them vs the Lions but; if they do start Bush i don't see him getting a lot of Rushing atms.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Besides Bell over MJD? thats just crazy. I'm not saying Bell won't make more points. Lions are bad he could get some scores.

But Bell= Little big play potential, on a team that has Brees and Colston. They will throw 40 times. Plus NO a throwing team, they won't change simply because the lions also suck at stopping the run.

MJD= big play potential on a team that likes to run the ball.

I can't even believe we are debating this, its a no brainer.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Bush and Pierre are Hurt I think that they won't even play any of them vs the Lions but; if they do start Bush i don't see him getting a lot of Rushing atms.

Bell gets 15 looks IMO, no more then that.

The playmakers are Brees and Colston, they will be going off IMO.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,916
Default

No way NO takes ball out of Brees hands to give the 3rd string runner a bunch of carries.

Plus Bell not real quick or fast.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,462

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

One league:

Starting

Wayne
Royal
Fitzgerald

Backups hoping for a homerun

Bennett
Hester
Ginn Jr
Driver

Other league:

Starting:

Welker
Royal

Back ups:

Bennett
A. Gonzalez
Steve Smith

My teams are pretty stacked...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #18
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Mike Bell? Forgetting Reggie Bush?

And Stewart won't play much if at all this weekend. Bank on it. I've read a few reports today that he's still running too tentatively and isn't ready to go full steam.

Look at these rankings. It's not even close:

http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy/nfl/...oll-09week1-rb
Mark my words Bell is gonna have a big day Bush is hurt hes Probable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=nor
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #19
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
No way NO takes ball out of Brees hands to give the 3rd string runner a bunch of carries.

Plus Bell not real quick or fast.
The one thing in Bell's favor is that NO is likely to run up the score early, and then they'd for sure rest Bush. Given Pierre will be back soon, maybe NO decides to run Bell a bunch in the second half to see how he does.

ESPN is projecting Bell to have 90 yards and a TD. They project DWill to have 90 yards and 2 TD's

Just sayin
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 PM   #20
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Hasselback vs. St. Louis
McNabb vs. Carolina
--------
McFadden vs. SD
LJ vs. Ravens
Donald Brown vs. Jax

My other starter is Steven Jackson..which of the above would you play?
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #21
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,396

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Mark my words Bell is gonna have a big day Bush is hurt hes Probable

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/depth?team=nor
That's all fine and good, but don't start a thread and call it a dilemma if you are literally being outvoted 10-1 right now and insist on coming up with any and every excuse for why you are going to start "the other guy" (who so happens to still be listed 3rd on the depth chart behind two guys who are hurt).

You obviously made up your mind before you posted this thread.

And, for what it's worth, I've NEVER heard of a starting RB that was listed as "probable" on Thursday not starting over a 3rd stringer on Sunday. Questionable or Doubtful, sure, but not probable. Anyone with a bruise is probable nowadays.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #22
Mr.Meanie
Ring of Famer
 
Mr.Meanie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,607

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Who do I start:

Moreno, Buckhalter, Addai or Donald Brown
Mr.Meanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #23
Punisher
ŪThe Ghost of Orton still
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
Hunts Dove Valley and he's drunkŪ

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That's all fine and good, but don't start a thread and call it a dilemma
if you are literally being outvoted 10-1 right now
and insist on coming up with any and every excuse for why you are going to start "the other guy" (who so happens to still be listed 3rd on the depth chart behind two guys who are hurt).

You obviously made up your mind before you posted this thread.

And, for what it's worth, I've NEVER heard of a starting RB that was listed as "probable" on Thursday not starting over a 3rd stringer on Sunday. Questionable or Doubtful, sure, but not probable. Anyone with a bruise is probable nowadays.
that's pretty funny but I just see Bell having a big day that's all and if someone hasn't pick the Houston Texans Defense Yet ya better get it while its there they're gonna have a good year.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:16 PM   #24
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Hasselback vs. St. Louis
McNabb vs. Carolina
--------
McFadden vs. SD
LJ vs. Ravens
Donald Brown vs. Jax

My other starter is Steven Jackson..which of the above would you play?

Gotta go with McNabb and McFadden.
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #25
Pontius Pirate
Ring of Famer
 
Pontius Pirate's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 'Nam
Posts: 1,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meanie View Post
Who do I start:

Moreno, Buckhalter, Addai or Donald Brown
I think Addai is your safest bet, but I'd go with Moreno
Pontius Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:33 PM.


Denver Broncos