The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #1
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default For all the talk about the game getting bigger in the UK???

For the first time since I can remember this season the United Kingdom will have no live MNF coverage. Now how the **** is that a step forward for NFL fans in our country/islands.

In all honesty you can stick your Regular season London game right up yer ass Kirkwood and all your bull**** about bringing a franchise here.

If you cant even convince any broadcasting network to pick up Monday might football here you are a joke.

Furthermore instead of the choice of two live games now at the 1pm and 4pm ET slots that has been cut in half as well, so no choice of game anymore.

NFLUK my ass.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

For not caring about the NFL you seem pretty riled up about it.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Was it on SKY before? I remember the two sunday night games.

Not sure where TwinCities got that comment from.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:39 AM   #4
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinCitiesBronco View Post
For not caring about the NFL you seem pretty riled up about it.

Who says I dont care Would I have bothered my ass posting that if I did not. I'm 38 years old and have been watching this beautiful game since I was about 12/13m so yeah I give a ****.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:41 AM   #5
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Was it on SKY before? I remember the two sunday night games.

Not sure where TwinCities got that comment from.
Chris, last season Sky had 6 games per week minimum. Thanksgiving they had 9. This season they have 2 games, what a ****-up.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 AM   #6
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Sorry to hear that Eddie. Are there any other options outside of internet feeds?
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

That sucks, em. I know how you love the game. You can't get satellite feeds?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:47 AM   #8
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Sorry to hear that Eddie. Are there any other options outside of internet feeds?

NFL Gamepass at over $200 per season when I'm already paying $80 a month for my satellite for all my college ball etc etc.

I'll get a good stream okay but I'm back at work now so not too many late Monday nights if you know what I mean so my Tuesday evening via DVR is now ****ed unless I download a torrent.

This global economy bull**** is going a little bit too far now when it affects my NFL coverage.
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #9
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Blame Rupert Murdoch.

It was much worse for me growing up in Hong Kong. One game a week if I was lucky. My aunt had to mail me tapes from Denver.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #10
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
NFL Gamepass at over $200 per season when I'm already paying $80 a month for my satellite for all my college ball etc etc.

I'll get a good stream okay but I'm back at work now so not too many late Monday nights if you know what I mean so my Tuesday evening via DVR is now ****ed unless I download a torrent.

This global economy bull**** is going a little bit too far now when it affects my NFL coverage.
If it makes you feel any better, I spend over $200 for just a couple trips to the bar to watch the game.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM   #11
LordHelmchen
Single-Malt

is ESPN America not available in the UK? It sure seems to be UK based... maybe they can't broadcast the NFL games because Sky has the rights?
LordHelmchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #12
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Blame Rupert Murdoch.

It was much worse for me growing up in Hong Kong. One game a week if I was lucky. My aunt had to mail me tapes from Denver.

wow! puts it in perspective a bit for chaps like us. But, I guess the difference now is that with the internet, it could all be so RELATIVELY easy for the companies and everyone involved to offer a reasonably priced service.

I get the argument that it used to be much worse, but the thing is that now they have the means to make it easily available to everyone, but they don't seem to be motivated enough to make it happen. It's truly disappointing that when the possibility is within reach that it still remains out of reach. At least in the past, we didn't expect more. I dunno, it's tricky, the more you get, the more you want. And with NBC showing how easy it is for them to offer SNF streams off their website, you'd like to see the others follow suit.
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #13
LordHelmchen
Single-Malt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post

I think the NFL Gamepass HD is absolutely worth the money. Especially as you can rewatch the games at any time, basically replacing your DVR
Old 09-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
alpine
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We've got ESPN America on Austrian broadband TV (a package which includes ADSL internet connection, phone and 70 TV channels via WLAN) which covers NFL and college as well as other sports like NHL. That's part of the premium package which is about 13 Euros a month on top of the non-TV package - maybe someone is offering something similar where you are?

But Gamepass was worth the money in the past as well.
alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Welcome to my world! It sucks. Though I may actually get lucky because people b****ed like crazy after DirecTV announced they were cutting the Sunday Ticket in half again this year for x4 the price and they may actually broadcast every game, as they announced last week. So I guess b****ing does get you somewhere sometimes.

So Helmchen, hold off on the help!!

At least I assume you have a decent internet connection Eddie? You'll be able to at least watch the Broncos. (unless they play at night)
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 AM   #16
LordHelmchen
Single-Malt

Glad for you BlaK, excellent news!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #17
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmchen View Post
Glad for you BlaK, excellent news!
Thanks man!! I'm crossing my fingers though. With DirecTV you're never sure about anything.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #18
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmchen View Post
is ESPN America not available in the UK? It sure seems to be UK based... maybe they can't broadcast the NFL games because Sky has the rights?
Exactly LH. Sky have the rights so no other network can cover games on a Sunday apart from Sunday Night Football which is available free to air via a digital service. I dunno why ESPN hasn't picked up the MNF rights for here considering the ****ers broadcast it.

BTW Gamepass seems a good option but I'd be real pissed having to pay another $200 just to watch a game on my laptop when I can get half decent streams for 1/5 of that per year. Plus the fact I'm not even 100% sure whether the ISP I have would support the size of the HD broadcast stream considering the most I have is a 4.5 meg line at anytime and the ISP reduce that during peak hrs.

I'll still see all the Broncos games that are broadcasted anywhere, more pissed off about losing the additional red button games cos Denver were normally on at the later slot every other week.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:47 PM   #19
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I spend over $200 for just a couple trips to the bar to watch the game.
My days of that are long gone. I'm lucky if I get to crack open a can during a game now.