The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #1
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays
Default Bengals

We need a thread breaking down the opposition this week.

Less than a week now and so far nothing of substance on this team we're playing has been said in here. Is there anyone here who lives in Cincy or tracks them? How about some solid insight on what Denver is going against on Sunday...a breakdown of this team on both sides of the ball. Something more than "they suck"...blah blah blah. I haven't paid much attention to them other than to notice they ran the ball very well in preseason and it looks like Palmer will probably start. Opening on the road is never easy no matter who you're playing.

Discuss...
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

They suck more than the Broncos
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:42 PM   #3
Bronco LB52
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dale Carter

Cincinnati's defense is underrated and are better than they get credit for.

Don't be fooled by the glamour names like Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco, the Bengals offense is handicapped severely by a **** offensive line.
Bronco LB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 02:56 PM   #4
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco LB52 View Post
Cincinnati's defense is underrated and are better than they get credit for.

Don't be fooled by the glamour names like Carson Palmer and Chad Ocho Cinco, the Bengals offense is handicapped severely by a **** offensive line.
I watched their defense especially the 2nd and 3rd preseason games... Fast and talented (drafting in the top 10 every year will do that). Their interior pass rush could give us probles especially if both Kupe and Hamilton are out.

On the flip side they seem to manage to be out of position A LOT... Their game against the Rams was especially mind numbing. Grat play after great play followed by a LB filling the wrong hole or a safety forgetting the cover 2 part of his responsibilities.

To be honest, I not sure what to expect from either team.
TheDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #5
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

They seem to get arrested a lot.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #6
TheDave
Sauced...

By the way where are all the posters who b**** non stop about the lack of "Football Discussion"?... This seems like a pretty good chance to remedy that.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:04 PM   #7
LongDongJohnson
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

they have no run game. our defense has no excuse to not stuff the run game.

palmer has a hurt ankle so i dont know how that will effect him. dumervil needs to attack attack attack. we need to apply pressure at all times or palmer will pick us apart.
LongDongJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #8
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

CIN 27 DEN 13--we are severely handicapped by our QB situation and a close game becomes a 2 TD game as our defense wears out in the 4th quarter coupled with a few turnovers generated by CINCY's defense.......Cedric Benson really came on for them late last year and their defense was around if not in the top 10--and now with Carson Palmer starting again--teams will not be able to play 8 in the box against them......look for Cedric to continue the rejuvenation of his career in the 'natti and Cincy still has the ability to go 3-4 wide with 3 VERY talented WR's in OCHO, addition of Laverneus Coles and Chris Henry who had a sensational pre-season. McD's debut in his home state of Ohio will not be a victorious one.....
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #9
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

How have their draft picks looked? I know their first pick is out but what about the mane's favourite USC LB?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:09 PM   #10
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
How have their draft picks looked? I know their first pick is out but what about the mane's favourite USC LB?
He was the one who filled the wrong gap... He's a human crash test dummy in more ways thatn one.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:14 PM   #11
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

Just beat them 35-7 on Madden. Orton with 4 TDs and Chris Baker rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' for a 48-yd TD return.

It is written.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #12
broncofan7
Ring of Famer

BQ looks ALMOST as good as I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
Just beat them 35-7 on Madden. Orton with 4 TDs and Chris Baker rumblin', stumblin', bumblin' for a 48-yd TD return.

It is written.
--you're better than me......I do not want to discuss the result......
broncofan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

It's no secret that these guys are my "darkhorse playoff team".

That being said, we're very lucky we play them early.

I like this team because they have a lot of young talent, and if they're able to put that together, the Bengals can actually become a scary football team for as long as their FO can keep them together before they inevitably blow it.

Their offensive line is a huge question mark, and a speed rusher like Elvis CAN man-handle a guy like Andrew Whitworth, who is an outstanding football player, but provides a question mark, imo, moving to LT from guard on whether or not he'll be quick enough to wash rushers past the QB and out of the play. Whitworth is almost exactly like Kuper in his play style, albeit now playing a very diff spot. The LG/C situation is pretty jacked and can get exposed easily. We're lucky we hit them early here, because I expect Luigs (rookie) to lockdown the C spot within the year and make a prompt rise to a pro-bowl level. Bobbie Williams at RG is a VERY, VERY good player. Anthony Collins at RT is another great reason the schedule favors us. Otherwise, Andre Smith could've been healthy, adjusted to the NFL, and very good.

There's enough speed, talent, play-making ability and depth on defense to be very scared that Kyle Orton is throwing the ball. I was dead wrong about Keith Rivers last off-season, because he played fantastic until he got hurt.

I don't feel like typing anything else out.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

How rusty will Palmer be out of the gate?
Are Benson and rookie RB Bernard Scott enough to strike fear in any defense?
Yes, they have the ability to go 3-wide, but can that line hold enough to do anything worthwhile?
No real TE threat.
Roy Williams at safety. Rough.
The Bengals, under Marvin Lewis, have shown a propensity to underachieve. More of the same.

Denver 24, Cincy 20
Orton plays just well enough. Marshall and Royal steal the show. Screen passes galore. The stable of RBs do their job, Hillis runs fools over. The D-line holds, already showing an improvement over last season. Secondary does their part against 85, Coles and Henry.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #15
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
He was the one who filled the wrong gap... He's a human crash test dummy in more ways thatn one.
That's silliness.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #16
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Expect Rey to take a while to catch on in the system. He may make a play or two in our game, but he is a long way from being the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. He will also probably be taken out on passing downs.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

To me, cinci is a bit of an enigma. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on defense, but in the preseason, they have been inconsistant. Fast to the ball, but still seem to give up yardage. The ravens they are not.

Not sure what to expect from the offense because, i think, palmer hasnt taken a snap all preseason. Their o-line is **** though so hopefully we generate a pass rush and get on em early.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
TheDave
Sauced...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's silliness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Expect Rey to take a while to catch on in the system. He may make a play or two in our game, but he is a long way from being the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis. He will also probably be taken out on passing downs.
It will be interesting to watch him develop...or not. I was surprised how much he played out of control. On consecutive playes he read the play right blew right past the lead blocker.... AND THE BALL CARRIER!

If he learns he has the physical talent to be a stud MLB but right now he is a major liability.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #19
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
It will be interesting to watch him develop...or not. I was surprised how much he played out of control. On consecutive playes he read the play right blew right past the lead blocker.... AND THE BALL CARRIER!

If he learns he has the physical talent to be a stud MLB but right now he is a major liability.
Nearly 300 tackles in a college career on hyper talented defense's like USC is pretty impressive when you apparently can't read plays and run past the RB......
Old 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

I want to see Hillis run Rey over...Atwater Otagwe style...just reversed.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #21
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
To me, cinci is a bit of an enigma. As mentioned, they have a lot of talent on defense, but in the preseason, they have been inconsistant. Fast to the ball, but still seem to give up yardage. The ravens they are not.
Agreed. I can see us going in and winning this game--we are 4 point underdogs-- and I can see us getting embarrassed much like the 2004 debacle on monday night football if we turn the ball over and play sloppy like much of preseason.

Quote:
Not sure what to expect from the offense because, i think, palmer hasnt taken a snap all preseason. Their o-line is **** though so hopefully we generate a pass rush and get on em early.
Thier offense was thier weakness last year, so maybe we can continue the turnover fest we had against the Cards. If we do, we have a chance.
Old 09-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #22
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

We should be a big underdog, if it's even on the board.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #23
KevinJames
DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRulon McVelvet McJones View Post
How rusty will Palmer be out of the gate?
Are Benson and rookie RB Bernard Scott enough to strike fear in any defense?
Yes, they have the ability to go 3-wide, but can that line hold enough to do anything worthwhile?
No real TE threat.
Roy Williams at safety. Rough.
The Bengals, under Marvin Lewis, have shown a propensity to underachieve. More of the same.

Denver 24, Cincy 20
Orton plays just well enough. Marshall and Royal steal the show. Screen passes galore. The stable of RBs do their job, Hillis runs fools over. The D-line holds, already showing an improvement over last season. Secondary does their part against 85, Coles and Henry.
Wheres the Champ Bailey pick 6 in front of esteban ocho stinko?
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #24
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Nearly 300 tackles in a college career on hyper talented defense's like USC is pretty impressive when you apparently can't read plays and run past the RB......
Oh, he is talented, no doubt about it. But Rev, admit it, there is a reason he was the 3rd LB taken from USC, and dropped all the way to the 2nd round.

He is going to take a while to learn and play within the system, and he has to show he won't be a liability on 3rd down.
Old 09-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
Los Broncos
Broncos Country

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

We should have no problem running the ball, Hillis and Buck should have production.

The QB should have pressure and lots of it with their bad o-line.

17-10 good guys.
Los Broncos is offline   Reply With Quote